Start by marking “Clayton (Wildflower, #1)” as Want to Read:
Clayton (Wildflower, #1)

Clayton

(Wildflower #1)

How do you tell yourself not to breathe?

He is my mate, and she is his everything. But he chose her, against every single instinct that we both know. For that, I have been whipped, shunned, shamed, disgraced, and broken. All for one moment of madness I could not control...

After two years, I left, unable to bear the pain and loneliness anymore. That was then. This is

ebook
Published October 2016 by Wattpad

To ask other readers questions about Clayton, please sign up.
Kara Lynn The second part of the story is called Dallas and it was available for preorder the 18th of this month. Now, it's available in both Kindle and…moreThe second part of the story is called Dallas and it was available for preorder the 18th of this month. Now, it's available in both Kindle and paperback formats on Amazon. (less)
Confessing History by Jenni M. RoseSunset Embrace by Sandra BrownOnly Ever You by Siobhan DavisThis Glittering World by T. GreenwoodThe Golden Hour by T. Greenwood
Angst
27 books — 2 voters
Feral Sins by Suzanne WrightWicked Cravings by Suzanne WrightSavage Dragon by Charlene HartnadyThe Demon King's Destiny by C.A. WorleyDragon Guard by Charlene Hartnady
Shifter 2
55 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Clayton (Wildflower, #1)
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
When I think about mates, I think theyre the one and only mate. Not the second best or even second choice. Heroine suffered a lot because her mate chose another female. I hated everyone in this pack. I even hated the heroine for not being that strong. I hated Clayton with passion. I wanted him DEAD. This is a book about fake mates because no mate will reject his own mate for another female.
Clayton is a cheater. He emotionally cheated on his chosen mate Kennedy. Kennedy was a pathetic loser who
Sannia
Didn't the Hero contemplated killing the h or her death? When his beloved girlfriend suggested that so they can be together. Without him being so conflicted. That is appalling, not something I can overlook.
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
2 ⭐⭐ - Meh!
===============

The author totally fucked up the concept of mate! But the story hooked me because I wanted to know how she was going to develop this.
Clayton and Kennedy are despicable and selfish. To consider murdering his mate so they can be together is unacceptable. It demonstrates their character.
The two made a point of humiliating the heroine and showing how insignificant she was to them.
Our heroine suffered all kinds of abuse and was then completely ignored, as if she were a
Sophia Phoenix
May 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: werewolves, dnf
No, no and no.
I am truly sorry for the people who loved this book, but I didn't at all.

First off, I couldn't even finish it. I gave up long after Rya found another love.
This story is the epitome of cliche: girl who gets rejected by her mate because he loves another. To make it worse, this story didn't make a lot of sense to me; the mate bond is supposed to be super strong, so the guy should be conflicted at least, or have some regrets, his love for the other girl should also disappear.
But not
Indie Wish List
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have mixed feelings about this book, so bear with me while I sort them out in this review. I believe this story has excellent bones, but some of the fine details made this hard to rate.

I loved the angst of Clayton. I loved the premise of the story. Rya is a female wolf rejected by her fate/moon chosen mate, Clayton, and someone who is deemed valuable when she reaches her adulthood just not by her mate. His human side chooses another wolf over her, and the circumstances around this situation
Mona
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Precious one , my emotions were sky rocketing while reading this story.
Fell in love ,fell in hate , cried so much and rejoiced just as much.
Clayton made me comment and no matter how much I dislike him ( hate him ) I always go and read it over again because I also love all other characters so much.
This story literally sings to readers emotions

If your looking for cliche in Rachelle's stories You will find none.
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice
Reading
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
First things first.
I rarely read PNR and a small fraction of what little I read is Shifter PNR.
But I do have reading buddies that love them and Clayton came highly recommended. Mainly because one friend in particular had been obsessed with finding a good rejected mate story. I was so excited for her that I decided to read it too.
I'm happy I did. I enjoyed this book thoroughly.

Strengths:
World building and structure of the wolf pack was done very well. Author's voice and writing style are unique

Coco.V
Jun 28, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/28/2019)! 🎁
Marian
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I usually avoid tragedies and dramas, but I always wanted to read a story where the mate bonding is not accepted, wanted to read about something we all have experienced: rejection. The thing is, I also wanted it to end in a happy ending.

This book had my heart painfully clenching, hurting until the end; it's devastating and wrenches your emotions like it's the most natural thing in the world. The characters are really wolves and they behave as such, no humanization here to save our delicate
Raj
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Clayton rakes the heart of his fated mate with razor sharp claws of despair and agony,as one werewolf forsakes the one gifted to him by the moon goddess to be with the woman he loves.The one whom he chooses above all others.The book twists the myth of a soul mate and ends in a cliff hanger.
Bee Mills
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Clayton is so different from the PNR out there nowadays, and I loved it! I'm a huge fan of instamate, but I always wondered what would happen if one or both deny the bond. Rachelle Mills answered that in this beautifully heartbreaking story. My heart bled for Rya. How could her pack treat her so callously when all she wanted was her true mate. It made no sense to me. When she leaves to train, she really comes into herself as a woman. She grows and lives each day, it isn't a happy life but it is ...more
Mónica García
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite
This book has had perfect timing with me. When I read the unedited version, step by step on Wattpad, I too was going through a horrible rejection. No other book quite summed up what it felt to be ripped apart, not even close to "Clayton".

This book really digs deep into emotions, its built with characters that are whole and flawed, and makes you fall in love with its universe.

I have read the unedited form multiple times, but it is nothing like, in an emotional sense, to holding it's edited and
AngelaDsz
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought Greys Tribute was something out of this world and then fins claim but Clayton, Clayton holds my heart. I loved this book so much that I've gone back to re-reading it alot more times than I have for any other book.
Rachelle is such a gifted writer!❤
Dericka Duffus
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Best book ever! I read it like 3 times.
Angie
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Great idea but..

I picked this book up from a large group of people recommending it in a Facebook group Im a part of. I thought the idea sounded fresh, interesting and for as many people saying it was an awesome read, I was excited to read it. I came in knowing that at one point this was on Wattpad and had quite a bit more length to it. I think that this version should include what was edited out from Wattpad, so that things are a bit easier to understand how who relates to whom and why.

The
Readerista
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By Naourès El Ajmi: A Journey I Never Dreamed of Taking

CLAYTON was the first book of Rachelle Mills that I read, and it was the beginning of an amazing journey I never dreamed of taking.

How do you tell yourself not to breathe? The books title is CLAYTON but the story is about Ryas journey. A female that has faced the ultimate loss, rejection by her mate the one who is supposed to be her everything. She lives the agony of seeing him love another and consequently being shunned by her pack for an
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Rachelle has crafted a story that has killed me literally killed me. My heart broke and I cried like a crazy woman. I could not stop thinking how cruel that bastard alpha of the pack was. He deserves to be not named because I seriously HATED his guts and wanted to kill him. How effing cruel can you be. Your mate is chosen for you you do not chose. The love and bond is there for a reason and you just accept it you don't reject it like this arsehole did. Lord I could go one for ages about him but ...more
Amy
Through.The.Wringer. --but so worth it

The ups and downs in this paranormal dark romance, take you through the wringer emotionally, but the story is as beautiful as it is heartbreaking. Not all mates are fated and selected by the moon. Some wolves choose to love someone they pick. Whether they defied nature and denied their living fated mates or suffered the loss of a fated mate and fell in love again, it's a hard path. Love these characters. It's a long book, but there's a lot of story to tell
Izzie d
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cathrine Chantraine
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rya is a happy beautiful and innocent girl who has a lot of friends and a active and happy life! One they she finds out who her mate is ... that was suppose to be one of the happiest moments of your life ... but what if he is already in love with someone else? And he didnt even gives you a chance? Read Rya s journey how to find happiness and love again ...it isnt always easy but beautiful at the end !

Rachelle Mills is very unique and talented author! She has built all by herself a big fandom and
Vinutha
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this book and the characters. To me they are so real. The journey of the protagonist Rya from being rejected by the Moon given mate, being a Moon blessed to finding a second chance Mate and her journey to discovering herself is an inspiring story. The writing leaves an everlasting love for the book through our hearts. It made me cry from the 1st chapter of how unbearable the pain is for our female. How unfair it was for her. I sympathised and empathise with her. I could not ...more
emily
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love hurts sometimes

Some peoples guilty pleasures are ice cream in bed and the Kardashians. My guilty pleasures are tragic love stories. Now before you freak and think that the main love dies your wrong, this is the story about the choices we make for ourselves and for others in our search for what makes us happy and the road it takes to get there. Its also an added bonus that theres werewolves who are more like-like than most other paranormal books. I strongly suggest that you give this book a
Autumn Bryant
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read for E&A Book Blog
There are no words good enough for this book. I was bawling all during Chapter One. Rya is my new favorite heroine. The pain and suffering that she endures because of her pack is heartbreaking. Her strength is overwhelming as she fights with her conflicting emotions. I loved and hated both Clayton, Dallas, and don't even get me started on Kennedy. It was an emotional rollercoaster of pain, heartbreak, lies, and betrayal. One of the best I have read this year and I can
Maxerica4dawin
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YESSSSSS Just read the published version for the first time, but it was my second time reading Clayton. SOOOOO GOOOODDDD as always, and with all of Mill's books. Highly recommend, her style of writing is so special, unique, dark, mystical, and intriguing I can't say enough good things. Check her out, she is the best author I have ever read that I found via Wattpad.
JadeShea
This book started off interesting, then toward the end took a very odd turn. I'm not exactly sure what I feel was wrong with it, but it just went sideways somehow. I have to say I really didn't like the book overall.
Niki
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.
M Robo
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wow! just wow! THIS BOOK IS EPIC!!

i have read a shit ton of shifter books over the years and often the H and h talk about committing to each other even though they aren't fated mates (usually they end up finding out they are so problem solved) however I have never ever read a book of the impact this actually has on the mate of these H and h. this book is totally unique!

i devoured this book in one sitting, the writing is fantastic, it grips you from the very first page. its trauma, its
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Tooth and Claw (Kootenai Pack Book 1)
  • Rejected (Wolves of Black Bird, #1)
  • Becoming His
  • Love After Rejection
  • His Wolf's Choice
  • Blackwood: Book 1
  • Mated To The Alpha
  • Unbreakable Bond (Fated Mates Duet #1)
  • Ghost Eyes (Kootenai Pack Book 2)
  • The Hunt (The Hunt, #1)
  • The Hunting Game: A Fantasy Romance Novel
  • Alpha's Dirty Little Secret: A Werewolf Romance Novel
  • Knight (Sons of the Alpha, #1)
  • Blackwood: Book 2
  • Shifted Fate (The Wolves of Forest Grove Book 1)
  • REJECTED HEART
  • Mated For Life (Second Chance Alpha, #1)
  • The Traitor's Daughter
A writer of wolves who loves the grey

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Rachelle Mills is a 2016 Watty winner for Voracious Reads - Clayton, and Featured Writer on Wattpad where she first published the acclaimed read under her breakout pseudonym, Whiskeyqueenn.

Ms. Mills has won the devotion of her international Wildflower Pack" fandom, new readers and critics alike for her fantastically realized paranormal

Wildflower (3 books)
  • Dallas (Wildflower, #2)
  • Cassius  (Wildflower, #3)

News & Interviews