Start by marking “The Mountain Lion's Temptation (Secrets and Lions, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Mountain Lion's Temptation (Secrets and Lions, #1)

The Mountain Lion's Temptation

(Secrets and Lions #1)

The course of true love is never smooth, especially when it’s a case of cats and dogs.

Troy is 18-years-old and ready to dive into the gay scene. Well, as much of a gay scene as there is in his small, Northwoods town. Provided his pack never finds out. When he meets sexy, enigmatic, mountain lion shifter Blake, a one-night stand turns into something more. Which would be
Published May 7th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about The Mountain Lion's Temptation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mountain Lion's Temptation

Start your review of The Mountain Lion's Temptation (Secrets and Lions, #1)
llv
Jul 11, 2018 marked it as dnf
Shelves: shifter
Rating: DNF
I got this book free at Amazon and I didn’t really pay attention to the blurb or future books because Hello It’s Free. I really should have paid more attention. The book is told in flashback which I hate. Then skipping to the end, it doesn’t end in a good place. I think the author basically strung out a book by breaking it down into three parts. None of which are very long. This one is only a little over 800 locations. So I’m not going to get suckered into caring about these
Himel Rahman
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Actually, I'm confused. I wanted to read some erotic Novellas as I'ven't read any before. Also it's almost impossible for me to read a romance or an erotic Novel/Novella as I'm not so fond of this genre. Well, after finishing this book I was so confused as I am still confused thinking about a confusing thing, "Why am I confused?"
I am a bit curious about LGBT. So picked this one to read, though I really didn't know how it would be. Anyway, it's erotic as it should've been. If you ask me whether I
Gail Kiogima
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

This book is great! I can't wait to start reading the next in the series! I hope they're all done already.

Once you meet Blake and Troy, you'll want to know their whole story too. This book stops at a good spot where you can quit and let it go or dig into the next one to see where life leads them. I'm ready for the story to continue and I hope this author realizes love should always prevail!
Annemarie Suchey
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alpha, romance, shifter, m-m
Troy meets Blake in a bar and they instantly connect. But Blake is a mountain lion and Troy a wolf. And Troy's father won't stand for his son being a gay omega in a family of alphas. Brandon, Troy's brother threatens Blake and he leaves Troy behind...Troy being broken hearted follows his father's demand that he go to his uncle's pack to be turned into a stronger alpha.
Janis Guerrero
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Steamy! True Love!

Its hard to walk away from actual true love. It leaves a hole inside of you that nothing could ever fill. I cant wait to read more of the story of Troy and Blake. Well done!
Wax
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, own-have
Troy is an eighteen year old wolf shifter who is gay. But his pack, especially his alpha family (father and brother), feel that he shouldn't have those feelings. He meets loner mountain lion shifter Blake one night at a bar. And one night just isn't enough for the two. (Oh, and the prologue begins with Troy five years in the future engaged to a woman. So how is the author to resolve all this in the span of a novella? (view spoiler))

I would not recommend this to
Sierra
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was one of those what-the-hell type endings. The story is all set up, hot, interesting, drama building....then it's over. There's an "epilogue" that doesn't provide any kind of ending and we're missing five years of the story as well as the story with the fiance. Only after I read this did I explore on here and find out it's the first of a trilogy with only part two out at this time. Reading those reviews it seems like there were disappointments with that installment too. I would like to ...more
P Leslie
Jan 06, 2017 rated it liked it
*I voluntarily read a Review Copy of this book. All opinion stated are solely my own and no one else's*

2.5-3 stars

The beginning was really good and I liked the spark between Blake and Troy. I enjoyed the connection they guys shared and how the interacted in the forest in their animal form. However, the story felt rushed and incomplete. The prologue didn't make sense and the epilogue skipped 5 years ahead which was a shame.
Manuela
***2016 has been a very unstable year. Not only have I lost favourite role models in droves, I have been into dark places more times than I could count. Yes, I experienced highlights as well but the darkness has had a big impact this year and the only way to keep it at bay was reading, mass reading, back to back books with no stopping and no reviewing. I do apologize to all the writers that I won’t be able to review their books yet but I will get to it. Promise!***
joani
Nov 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
It was a really good beginning

I really like Troy and Blake but sadly I stop here because I can't see spending $3.00 on just 59 pages and know I still get no ending. This book is part of a trilogy, if I read correctly. Hopefully there will be a deal on it someday and I can read and review in more detail.
Jennifer babcock
Jul 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Top,too short

I hate books that are in multiple parts it's a turn off. The short story was good and when it was getting even better of was cut off. This would be better if one of was in less parts. The characters were good and believable.
Alexis Woods
There's a prologue with a female fiance, then a backdropped story that's M/M, and then male MCs meet again in epilogue. WTF? The whole thing made no sense. Might as well be PWP since the plot was sketchy at best.
Andita
Jan 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm not sure...

What is going to happen with the two characters but it seemed like it might go somewhere good. I think I wanted a little more descriptions in some instances. I don't feel I really know what they look like.
Courtney Wendleton
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
West Side Story meets m/m paranormal, with a better ending! Loved it.
Stacey Escalera blog
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Overall a great read cant wait to see what happens in the next book
Mandy Quinn
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this wonderful book it was so lovely written

• Finding Finn (Wolf's Mate, #1)
  • Family Ties (The Family Novak #1)
  • Tarrick (Warriors of the Lathar, #1)
  • Gay Bayou Shifter (Werewolf Mating #1)
  • Crying Wolf (Black River Pack #1; Fated Mates #1)
  • Realigned (Coming Home, #1)
  • Bear Season
  • Curvy Obsession (Insta Love Alpha Male #1)
  • The Matchmaker: Omega Dating Agency Prequel
  • More Than Friends / Drunk in Love (More Than Friends, #1-2)
  • Mr. Jaguar
  • Seeking The Alpha (Wolf Pack Chronicles, #1)
  • Twisted (Alphabits #5)
  • Christmas Wish for Me
  • His Baby to Protect (The Den, #1)
  • Fraught (Alphabits #7)
  • Silenced (Alphabits #6)
  • His Pretend Omega (Cafe Om #2)

Secrets and Lions (3 books)
  • The Wolf's Betrayal (Secrets and Lions #2)
  • The Secret Pregnancy (Secrets and Lions #3)