Start by marking “Stranded No Where (The No Where Apocalypse #1)” as Want to Read:
Stranded No Where (The No Where Apocalypse #1)

Stranded No Where

(The No Where Apocalypse #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  579 ratings  ·  48 reviews

“This can’t be possible. How am I going to survive?”

The 21st-century world has been dropped back into the early 1800s. No one knew it was coming, no one was prepared, and still TEOTWAWKI happens.

By himself on vacation in northern Michigan, Bob Reiniger determines he must survive. Even with no such survival skills. He will make new and strange
friends, and protect
Published April 26th 2016 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Stranded No Where, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranded No Where

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Stranded No Where (The No Where Apocalypse #1)
Miriam
Jun 26, 2019 marked it as dnf-for-good
30% dnf not working for me. The narrator is great, but the story is just,,,,
L
Nov 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Another apocalypse tale. This was a good read, but not a great read. The characters & relationships were all fine. It's the source of the disaster that didn't make sense to me.

Also, the editing of this novel was, if not apocalypticly bad, still woefully inadequate.
Megan Haddock
Oct 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
book 1 of the apocalypse has me hooked! can't wait to see how bob's story continues and other challenges he overcomes. ...more
Jon Grafton
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Stranded Nowhere is the tale of Bob, a regular computer systems analyst from Chicago who is put on administrative leave by his boss for anger management issues and is told to take a two week vacation to chill out. He leaves his wife for the weekend, planning to be back by Sunday, and drives to his father's remote hunting cabin in the Upper Peninsula of the Michigan wilderness. He arrives, proceeds to drink his sorrows into oblivion, wakes up the next day and the power is out. Only vehicles made ...more
Brian
Oct 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was riveting, and told of everyday folk just trying to figure out how to survive a cataclysmic event. No highly trained ex soldiers of daring, no unrealistic situations or successes from an average small group of everyday folk just trying to survive as best they can. That is what I really loved about this storyline. It could be anyone caught on such a situation and mistakes are made that all have consequence, just as in real life.

The characters are very well developed; from the moodin
John Stearns
Feb 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
Childish and unlikely

After a SHTF situation this is an unlikely situation scenario. The writing is sophomoric and barely readable. Would not recommend wasting your time.
Douglas R Townsend
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
You'll Love It or Hate It. I LOVED it.

Lake has a unique writing style: He writes like people speak - very rare, and that can be interpreted as abrupt or (as I think) refreshingly to the point. The set up is quick. No Rambo character. Chapters are fairly short, no needless sex or gratuitous violence. Most of these EOTWAWKI stories I read I rarely finish because either the plot is so far fetched the writer can't support it in the story, the characters are simply unbelievable, or it is simply badly
Hurdie Styles
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
I don’t feel as if I know anything about any of these characters. There is no backstory on anyone. Not even the main character Bob. This whole book is painted with a very broad brush. Not enough details to make me feel anything about anyone in the book. I don’t even know what caused the event upon which the whole book is predicated. Not even remotely interested in book 2.
Johnny
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Decent

Not the best I've ever read, but not the worst either.
I'd have liked more details on the actual survival details.
Without those details I never really picked up a sense of urgency or desperation.
Fine book if you don't have anything else in your reading list.
Mechelle Wallace
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Don't Miss this Series!

As usual with this author, you'll get to know and like the characters like your own friends. Good story line and it adds up to an addictively entertaining read..,
Valerie
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty good

At first I was annoyed with Bob as he dive headfirst into self pity but soon came to realize that that is how most people would react in a similar situation. Luckily for Bob he has found some good friends to teach him what he will need to know.
Mandy Sullivan
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Action packed

Liked that it made you believe something like this could really happen. I Hate the truth that I know that’s how people would react and do to stay alive. I like getting to see different views from other authors on how things go down when catastrophes happen.
Amy
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

I really enjoyed this book! It was interesting and exciting. The only thing I have to say you got wrong though, is that lice actually like a clean healthy scalp and hair. But, that’s my only issue lol. It’s a good read!!
Kathy Knapp
Jun 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Easy read

Quite interesting, especially with the upper peninsula of Michigan being the setting. There were a few typos, which distracted me from the story at times. Overall, however, the story was interesting and the main characters were very well developed.
billy
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story

I liked the witty writing style. The story was great too. Can't wait to see what happens next. Cliff hanger.
Sundance Seay
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I had a great time reading this....when I should have been sleeping. Not a bad thing. Anyway it is a really good book. Look forward to more.
Freda Witt
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
The world has lost all power, all communications. It brings out the best in some people, the worst in others. Do we show what we really are in times of stress?
Ellen
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Apocalypse book

Well it was better than some and not as good as others. Far fetched with the sister and her husband
LeeEllen
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great little series.. loved it
Topher
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: post-apocalypse
The protagonist is stuck out in the boonies, when the world loses power, maybe due to a solar flare?

Generally well-written, and it was a nice quick read, but I see no need to continue with it.
NormaCenva
Didn't work for me. ...more
Donna Tarver
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good Start!

I really enjoyed this first book in the series. I am excited to see what happens next. I really would like to know what ever happened to Bob’s wife.
Susan
Liked it
Gary
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Good read. A little different than other apocalypse sagas, not as much of the blazing gun battles. The evil of the protagonists is well done. The main character is relatable and believable.
Stephen Ragsdale
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was very diffrent than other post-apocalyptic, end of the world books I've read. There are no prepers, or endless lists of gear, this book isn't filled with former military who know exactly what to do in every situation.

Bob is in his early 20's and dealing with the pressures of life and work, when he travels to his father's hunting cabin for some much needed time off. He is in such a remote place he doesn't even notice when the world ends. Stuck in a small back woods community, he has
Brian
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The continuing saga of survival in a world turned upside down. The characters are very well developed and quite realistic. None of them are super survivalists, none are super heros and they all make mistakes, a very realistic book.

The author has the reader both hating and fearing what they will do to the main character and his 'family' of decent people who found themselves in a world where law was meted out by violence, where food was scarce and survival very difficult.

So many situations that t
Judy Davis-smith
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Vivid Characters

Interesting characters, well developed and believable. Only objection I have is that it requires more than one book to complete the story. In my opinion, that is much too common in today's stories. It ends up costing as much as a new hardback book in the stores. One of the reasons I came to Kindle is because of the lower price per book and because I can enlarge the type to help my failing eyesight. I have been an a aid reader all my life, usually reading a book a day, so you can
Tonya Love
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pretty darn good

This "end of the world as we know it" story seems very different from the majority I've read. And, I mean that in a good way. It's very realistic I think...like how reality would be in such circumstances. The characters are as wonderfully written as the settings. I was really able to see it all in my mind as I fell into the story. So......I'm off to get book two now and I highly recommend getting this book for yourself so that you too can spend a few hours of enjoyment in another
Pam Shelton-Anderson
There were a lot of grammatical and word usage errors (heresy instead of heresay etc). I found it surprising that the main character would get drunk so often after realizing something very bad was happening to the world instead of figuring out how he was going to survive. I liked the collection of neighbors that banded together to help each other including the inept Bob. I just could not like this guy very well for the most part.

• The Immune: Omnibus Edition (The Immune, #1-4)
  • All That Survives (Lone Survivor, #2)
  • All That Rises (Lone Survivor, #4)
  • Edge of Collapse (Edge of Collapse #1)
  • All That Remains (Lone Survivor, #1)
  • All That Escapes (Lone Survivor #3)
  • EMP Days of Terror (EMP Post Apocalyptic Survival Book 2)
  • The Hidden Survivor (The Hidden Survivor #1)
  • Flashpoint (Flashpoint #1)
  • Collapse (Dark Days #1)
  • End of Summer (Seasons of Man #1)
  • Breakdown (Dark Road #1)
  • Exposure (Dark Days #3)
  • Trail of Misery (Apocalypse Trail Book 1)
  • Edge of Anarchy (Edge of Collapse #4)
  • Pandemic: The Beginning (Pandemic #1)
  • Chaos (Dark Days #2)
  • After the Fall: Jason's Tale (After the Fall, #1)
Began writing after the age of 50.

Novels are based on recurring dreams that can last for weeks at a time.

No where near as dark as my writing would make me. Happy guy with a normal life.

Loves all things dystopian.

The No Where Apocalypse (4 books)
  • Surviving No Where (The No Where Apocalypse #2)
  • Defending No Where (The No Where Apocalypse #3)
  • Searching No Where (The No Where Apocalypse Book 4)

News & Interviews