Start by marking “Eve (Eternal Daughter #1)” as Want to Read:
Eve (Eternal Daughter #1)

Eve

(Eternal Daughter #1)

What if Life and Death had a daughter?
Her unique parentage ensures Eve isn't like her angel siblings. She brings Death at the beginning of Life and Life to those meant to die. Her continuing failures create constant disaster for her parents and the mortals she tries so hard to serve. But when Eve accidentally interferes with the Loom of Creation, she sets off a chain of
Kindle Edition

To ask other readers questions about Eve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eve

Start your review of Eve (Eternal Daughter #1)
Montzalee Wittmann
Eve (The Eternal Daughter Series Book 1) by Patti Larsen is a wonderful fantasy tale with mythology thrown in there, which I love. Eve is a product of Life and Death. They came together to have a child, although it was forbidden, they did it anyway. Now Eve, 16, is a failure as an angel of Life like her sisters and a angel of death like her brothers. Her failures cause pain in the long run to those mortals she has tried to help and to her parents and siblings. She struggles to find who she is ...more
Coco.V
Nov 05, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (11/5/2019)! ...more
Debi Domby
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: patti-larsen
Eve is the first book of the Eternal Daughter series by Patti Larsen.
I received this book free through Kindle Scout. I voted for this book to be published and for this I 'won' a free book. Free or bought, this book is worth reading.
I was caught in the story from the start, a girl born of Life and Death who seems not to be able to do anything right by either parent. You'll feel for Eve, who never seems to get anything right, but she's a survivor and it's her journey to find out why things seem
Amy
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Very awesome! I'm in love with this book! The story is unlike anything I've ever read before... It's about how Life and Death meet and have a child together and she's not like everyone else and she finds out she's destined to be something MORE!!!! I was intrigued from the very first page I could tell right away that I was going to love this book... It was unique in its own way! The world the author created is amazing filled with many different types of creatures and described with such beauty ...more
R.C. Matthews
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really liked this unique paranormal story and kept turning the pages to find out exactly what Eve's purpose in life is as the daughter of Life and Death. There were several unexpected twist that kept me on my toes. I look forward to continuing on with the series.
Jasmine
Jun 22, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-releases
I really enjoyed Patti Larsen's Hayle Coven series, so when I found out she was doing a new series, I decided to check it out. But unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this book very much.

I have a lot of issues with this book, the biggest being that it seems like a prologue. We're introduced to the self-pitying, rather pathetic Eve and the family that despises her (more on that later). And that's basically the whole book-- an introduction to Eve and her family. A whole lot of nothing happens, and most
E.V. Darcy
Elma Berry
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG...there's a new hellion in town and her name is Eve!

Patti Larsen has another winner and I'm hanging on for the ride. If Eternal daughter Eve is anything like Sydlynn Hayle of the Hayle Coven Novels and Hayle Coven Destinies hold on tight. I love Syd and I see Eve will grow into a powerhouse that will match her toe to toe.
The story starts out with a young awkward Eve not sure of her place in the family. Eve is ridiculed by her siblings and others who think she's a failure. As the story
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After voting for this book through the Kindle Scout program, I was so excited when it was chosen by Amazon for publication! The summary for the story sounded so interesting and it did not disappoint! I did have a slight reservation that it might be a bit predictable and/or like many other stories of it's kind, but I was quite surprised. Just when I thought I MIGHT have it figured out, it went in a totally different direction that I never would have imagined and it kept me up reading until the ...more
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Different

This was something different from normal reads, a great different. I enjoyed everything about this book. Eve pulled on my heartstrings but also had me yelling at her to toughen up. I really loved the story, the Life and Death angle in this book is something new and exciting! I really want to get my hands on the next book!! I recommend this to all who love fantasy, it's definitely one I'll be recommending often!!
tina barrington
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chaos 2nd time

What a strange and interesting chain which weaved itself into a different look at the greek and Roman tales of the gods.
Elisabeth Kauffman
Loved it

What a fun read. Destiny, Karma, and Kismet are my faves... an elaborate story and a pleasing ending. I was guessing right up to the end!
Leila Logan-Sanders
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: patti-larsen
Excellent read!!! Ready for more!
Steve Vernon
Jan 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-scout
I know Patti Larsen as a fellow maritimer and Kindle Press Author. I nominated this novel way back when it was first entered into the Kindle Scout campaign. The only problem is I read about as slowly as a snail in amber.

All right, so snails probably don't read, but if they did read they'd probably want to read a book as good as this one.

So much for suspense. I just gave the whole entire plot-line of this review away, now didn't I?

Yup, you guessed it. I liked this book. I'm a big fan of Neil
Sandra Hould
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had no idea what to expect when I got this book and it was an incredible journey through history, through spiritual faith and through mythology.
The readers that might think they know the truth of creationg will get a slap in the face from reading this book. Of course, it's fantastic narrative is not pure facts or even the truth, but it is an awesome twist of what we already know, and what we know we ignore from the story of creation.
Those who are purist in faith should not read this book,
Talia Cieckiewicz
Dec 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this !

This book was awesome!

The only concern is how difficult it was to keep up with. Each paragraph would have so much detail in it, that some of it wasn't necessary and made you slightly concerned. I found myself rereading sections trying to make sense of it.

However, it ended perfectly. I was not expecting it to end that way and will definitely read the next book to find out what happens next !
Andrea
Jul 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eve has a unique parentage being the daughter of Death and Life (Isis Egyptian Goddess). Eve brings Death at the beginning of Life and Life to those meant to die. Her continuing failures create constant disaster for her parents and the mortals she tries so hard to serve. But when Eve accidentally interferes with the Loom of Creation, she sets off a chain of events that leads her to finally understand who she really is.
Bernadette Hutton
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Life and death

Angels both for life and death, a mixture of both but with no clear pathway. Poor Eve is stuck in the middle between her parents. Which one does she trust? Which one has been true to her?
Siblings who hate her, siblings who love her but again no common ground. Discovering your way in life is hard enough but faced with these additional challenges will drive a person one way or the other. Eve must find herself and be true to her destiny.
Loreen
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eve is the dawn of a new and sure to be fascinating deries

Patti Larsen is an amazingly creative person. It never fails to amaze that her imagination seems to know no limits. It does not surprise me that she has taken on Creation in this first book, thus setting up the scene and characters for this series. I look forward to taking this journey!! Write on Patti!!
Tegan
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked the premise of this novel, but the writing left me more than once wondering what was happening - yet, still, somehow, it was dense with exposition. Even dialogue had big explanations after each line. It made the novel very long and lessened my enjoyment.
Punkin
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-amazon
Short

But detailed. Interesting twists and turns. Not much of a romance at all but that's alright. More than enough drama though!
SA
Good start to a series, a few downs with the ups.
An intriguing storyline, but a few scenes and background characters could have been cut for a better flowing tale.
Jocelyn
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a great book. Frustrating at times but altogether a really great book.
Regena
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was a cute read!
Rebecca
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-scout
This book is more than the story of the daughter of Life and Death. On the surface, it tells a tale about Eve, who causes death when she should bring life, and life when she's sent to take souls home. On a deeper level, it takes ancient myths and gives them form. To tell you more would be giving the story away. I find it brilliant. Those who lack knowledge of mythology may not grasp the thought and execution of this book, however. But for those who do, I highly recommend this story. The writing ...more
Kira Brighton
*Received free e-copy via BookBub*

On the whole, this book wasn't bad, but it wasn't particularly good either. It needed more oomph to make it shine. The concept was interesting, but I think it could have used some more thinking through.
Erika
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: epic-fantasy
Eve

It's been a while since I found a book that could mix so many mythologies in such a convincing way. The story talks about Life and Death and their daughter, something new that doesn't fit in either world. She has something inside of her that makes her make mistakes, she does the opposite of what she is supposed to do. As the story progress we find out why is that, and the reason she exists.

(view spoiler)
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Eve is the child of Life and Death. If you have read any other of Patti Larsen's series, you already know how developed her characters are. Your emotions get pulled and tossed as she writes about their obstacles and struggles. Her stories are an enjoyable yet intelligent read.

Eve is among my favorite characters Patti has written. She is still a young girl but coming "of age." Life is changing, Eve is changing, and she has no one to turn to and discuss what is happening. Her parents both seem to
Christina Belcher
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Eve is in constant turmoil between her father’s loving motivations and her mother’s not-so-loving expectations. Her constant failures eat away at her self esteem while she becomes a rope in the game of Tug-Of-War between her parents.

When Eve’s mother pushes her to do the ‘unthinkable’ all hell breaks loose, giving her the confidence to decide that she no longer needs Life's false motherly attention. Giving in to her true nature with a little help from Destiny, Eve strips her mother from Life.

R.M. Gauthier
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: reviewed
Eve (The Eternal Daughter, #1) by Patti Larsen
In giving full disclosure, I received this novel free because I nominated it in the Kindle Scout program, and boy, am I ever glad I did.

What an incredible story from start to finish. It was so good I could barely put it down. (Even to work, LOL) The way Larson weaves the story is nothing short of stellar. I loved everything about Eve from the characters, to the world, she made everything believable. There is not one moment in this story where I questioned what was happening or who these

• Deep Blue Secret (The Water Keepers, #1)
  • Beyond the Veil (Vampires of Velum Mortis #1)
  • The Werewolf Queen (Wheel of Crowns, #1)
  • The Alchemical Detective (Riga Hayworth #2)
  • Blood and Snow (Blood and Snow #1)
  • Extreme Medical Services (Extreme Medical Services #1)
  • BloodGifted (The Dantonville Legacy, #1)
  • The Pageant (Vampire Royals #1)
  • Witch's Bell 1 (Witch's Bell #1)
  • The Finale (Vampire Royals #3)
  • Dying for a Living (Dying for a Living, #1)
  • Infinity: A Bridger's Origin (Bridgers, #0)
  • Witchnapped in Westerham (Paranormal Investigation Bureau, #1)
  • Silence: Little Mermaid Retold (Romance a Medieval Fairytale, #5)
  • King of Ash and Bone (Shattered Realms #1)
  • Alice in Demonland (Demonland #1)
  • Reigning Magicks (A Witch in Time, #1)
  • A Soulmark Series: Books 1-3: Lycan & Vampire Soulmark Series
I write a lot of paranormal books for someone who is afraid of the dark. And I wonder why I have to sleep with the lights on. Sometimes life is a teenaged B horror movie and I'm the one who investigates when the scary music is playing. But the voices are calling and resistance is… Yes. I am a Star Trek geek, too. And a fan of RPG’s. With a slight coolness factor since I've been told I'm allowed to ...more

Eternal Daughter (4 books)
  • Chaos (Eternal Daughter #2)
  • Chance (Eternal Daughter #3)
  • Delilah (Eternal Daughter #4)