Start by marking “Pussy: A Reclamation” as Want to Read:
Pussy: A Reclamation

Pussy: A Reclamation

NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

“Required reading for every woman who longs to step into her power and live with pleasure and purpose.”

Kris Carr, New York Times best-selling author

Get ready to encounter a book that will change your experience as a woman, in a powerful new way. Author, educator, and School of Womanly Arts founder Regena Thomashauer has been working with
Published September 20th 2016 by Hay House, Inc.

Start your review of Pussy: A Reclamation
Alanna Jane
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned
It's really too bad .... This could have been a really good book. Unfortunately, there are just so many things wrong with it, that despite some really good content, I'm not entirely sure I'll make it to the end.

First, while trying so hard to convince the reader that they need to wholeheartedly fight/leave the status quo and join a female revolution, the author uses decidedly masculine and aggressive tactics to do so.

Second, hardly anything anywhere is all-or-nothing. Not every woman everywhere
Randi
Jan 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Honestly, I accidentally misunderstood what this book was about going into it, but even still, once I found what it was actually about, it wasn't much better.
I assumed it would be a feminist read about reclaiming "pussy" and our bodies in society, but it's actually about the importance of loving yourself, your vagina, and your sex life. As I started to read it, I just assumed I wasn't the targeted audience, and that was why I wasn't enjoying it. But as I went further, it turns out, the aut
Dana
Oct 14, 2016 added it
Definitely made me think; sparked my memories of why I write what I write, why I believe what I believe, and reminded me that Divinity comes from within.

Read it with an open mind, allow the messages to resonate with you as they will. You aren't obligated to view things the way Ms. Thomashauer does, but I do think that if you're honest with yourself, this book will add some strength to your journey.

Lastly, keep in mind, the "self" in self-help. As is often said, "nothing changes unti
Andee Marley
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took a lot of courage to purchase, open and read this book,..and I feel like I was greatly rewarded with a renewed sense of power and self-worth. I loved the mythology from Greece and Japan, stories that I might not have heard elsewhere. This book unpacked and expanded some long held beliefs I didn't realize I kept.
I challenge the women in my life to read this book!
Courtney
Jan 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
I was given this book by a woman I deeply admire, who has completed many courses with Mama Gena and been changed by them. She is fabulous, and I thought if this is part of what has her be fabulous, I am going to engage with it.

And I was into the premise--a reclaiming of what has been deemed shameful by patriarchal culture. I'm all about that.

And I was reassured by the disclaimer at the beginning about the text and the curriculum it describes (the programs of The School of Womanly Ar
Alisa
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
Some information, but mostly it reads like a long sales pitch for her course. Lots of repetition as well. I skimmed after the first 2 chapters.
Izabela
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Not for the true feminist at heart!
Some great truths bathed in a all-too-sweet aroma of super success..or I am just picky...
Julie
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it
[Note: this was written by my good friend, Lindsay McLaughlin. I was planning to write a review, but hers was so good, I asked her permission to share it. Enjoy.]

"Pussy: A Reclamation" is a provocative book gathering a woman's sensual pleasure experienced through the clitoris, vulva, vagina into a word, pussy, and presenting it as a portal to the transcendent, Divine Feminine. This resonates, because it connects with woman's reproductive, life-giving abilities, her intrinsic, deep ti
Denise
Nov 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great premise and inspiring

Fantastic ideas but they are repeated many times. Would be nice if other examples of power rather than only sexual manipulation were discussed. I still got a lot out of it and it's worth the read. You just have to make it work for you personally.
Sophia Ciocca
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was book #2 on my own personal feminine/self-worth/sexual liberation quest (following the amazing Women Who Run With The Wolves).

The content in this book is POWERFUL. While the book is pretty repetitive in theme, the change I saw in myself throughout reading it was absolutely revolutionary. I went from cringing every time I read the word "pussy" and feeling scared to take out the book on the train ... to feeling empowered, turned-on, and excited to be part of the revolution towards embraci
Caval Olson-Lepage
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kobo, paper
I had to read this for a book club.

At first I was very intrigued with this book. It started with a very powerful message. It reminded of the vagina monologues taking power and turning a word with a negative connotation positive. While some of her theories on Rupture and Radiance struck a cord with me overall I couldn't grasp onto the idea that having mind blowing orgasms would lead to a more successful life. Her idea that I was to only do things that would generate pleasure for me be
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ridiculous is a kind word for this book. Do not read if you're a staunch feminist looking for accurate, cultural, historical teachings and insights about lady parts and lady roles.

The only reason I read this was because a Fabulous lady handed it to me. She has a network of other Fabulous women who support her that she found through "Mama Gena's" programs. I've been in awe of this energy, and curious.

You know what? If this book is what has to be read to resonate with some women to give them the
Kem
May 19, 2018 added it
This is definitely a great pro-woman book that offers a lot to think about in terms of why our society is the way it is, starting with why "pussy" is often used as a bad word. There are a bunch of interesting stories woven in as well, and it's clear that the author really did her research. My only complaint is that it began to sound too fanatic somewhere around the middle. That sort of turned me off from really taking the message in like I was at the beginning. Aside from that, I'd recommend thi ...more
Regan
Dec 27, 2018 marked it as abandoned
Not for me. While I can totally see how this would lift and empower some women, the ideas didn’t feel all that revolutionary for me and the delivery was a bit grating.
Josie
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is on one hand radical, and on the other hand made very pop-cultury and digestible.

But, I read it twice, I want to go meet the author, and I think the practices are useful.
Melinda
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this on a recommendation from a friend, and I can see how this book could be "essential reading" for some, but it was not for me. I think it could have been written in about a quarter of the space, with additional chapters for those who wanted more. But I think that's just me - (fortunately) I don't share the negative experiences of the author (and other women with similar experiences) that necessitated her to go on this personal journey of discovering self-love and appreciation and enlig ...more
Madeline Ross
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of the most insightful books that breaks down the patriarchy and what any woman who is half awake can easily see happening all around her. It’s so easy to forget our connection with divine feminine source of power, to be ashamed of our bodies, forget our own innate wisdom etc, etc. This book has helped me re-awaken to my own power. Thank you, Regena, for writing this groundbreaking book full of truth, wisdom and PUSSY!!
Selisa Loeza
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I want to begin that I do recommend every woman read this book as it will help you connect/reconnect with your feminine. I thoroughly enjoyed the exercises and believe Mama Gena's intent of empowering women and sisterhood is magnificent.

However, I think many of her claims were extreme. Statistics/studies used only to help her arguments but not used in whole and overall too much hate against our society.

I believe in feminism but I don't believe that pussy is all. I believe
Maci Hamdorf
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love her theories about using your body, self and femininity to empower you as a woman. However, some advice wasn't the best. For example, buying a dress the price of a car, in my opinion, won't help you find yourself.
Julianne Larsen
Dare to go there. So much truth on a difficult subject we are taught our whole lives to ignore.
Alexandra Jamieson
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Empowering book for women who want to better understand and love their bodies.
Bijan Rosalia
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book set me free!!!! Its what I have been searching for. Adore it, beautifully written..
Sarah {Literary Meanderings}
This was not what I was expecting. Review soon!
Cecilia Rydberg
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this, something every woman must read ❤ ...more
Tiffany
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: book-club-pick
Could’ve been way better. Hard to overlook her narcissism (e.g., her boyfriend died so that she could find herself.) Not what I was looking for and not recommended.
Leah Hanley
Elizabeth
Whoa. This book was a revelation. I found myself nodding along with so much of the information within. Thomashauer put into words concepts I've long believed but couldn't voice. This book goes beyond just being a typical feminist tome and into the realm of spiritual awakening. The author beautifully elevates a woman's sexual core to the realm of dynamic divine creation, a bridge between the worlds, as it were.

And while I'll admit that at times the blatant pussy worship can get a litt
Michele Siqueiros
Merissa
Jun 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
What a struggle to finish this book. After putting it down for 9 months. I picked up where I left off (66% in) and heavily skimmed to the end.

Great attention grabbing name, but that’s about it. A marketing ploy to get you to pick up the book. It’s like a memoir peppered with anecdotes about the sad, sad women met along the way who aren’t living in their full glory. I always wonder how many of the stories are made-up in self-help books and how many of them are actually real.

I already
Michelle Miller
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked the positivity and empowerment 'Mama Gena' shared with her readers. There was something lovely about reading a book meant for women, about being confident, caring, independent women. Some tools that were recommended included Spring Cleaning, saying positive things to your pussy, writing a Desires list, Favorite frames (or framing/reporting to someone your peak moments in specificity), dance breaks, swamping (purging emotion through dance), 'pussify' or beautify your room or area, etc. Th ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Rise Sister Rise: A Guide to Unleashing the Wise, Wild Woman Within
  • Outrageous Openness: Letting the Divine Take the Lead
  • Overcoming Underearning: A Five-Step Plan to a Richer Life
  • The Erotic Mind: Unlocking the Inner Sources of Passion and Fulfillment
  • Witch: Unleashed. Untamed. Unapologetic.
  • Everything is Figureoutable: How One Simple Belief Can Help Us Overcome Any Obstacle and Create Unstoppable Success
  • Wild Feminine: Finding Power, Spirit, & Joy in the Root of the Female Body
  • Mary Magdalene Revealed: The First Apostle, Her Feminist Gospel & the Christianity We Haven't Tried Yet
  • Love Your Lady Landscape: Trust Your Gut, Care for 'Down There' and Reclaim Your Fierce and Feminine SHE Power
  • Vagina: A New Biography
  • WomanCode: Perfect Your Cycle, Amplify Your Fertility, Supercharge Your Sex Drive, and Become a Power Source
  • Advanced Energy Anatomy: The Science of Co-Creation and Your Power of Choice
  • Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon
  • The Body Is Not an Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love
  • Untrue: Why Nearly Everything We Believe About Women, Lust, and Infidelity Is Wrong and How the New Science Can Set Us Free
  • Warrior Goddess Training: Become the Woman You Are Meant to Be
  • Sacred Pleasure: Sex, Myth and the Politics of the Body
  • Money, A Love Story: Untangling Your Finances, Creating the Life You Really Want, and Living Your Purpose
“They had to learn to see me as a sensual woman who desired a full, passionate life—not just a mother whose best years were behind her and whose future was limited to caring for grandchildren and other family members” 2 likes
“When she designs, and then lives, her own destiny, a woman naturally sets right everything wrong in our world.” 1 likes