Start by marking “The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair by Joël Dicker (Book Analysis): Detailed Summary, Analysis and Reading Guide (BrightSummaries.com)” as Want to Read:

In this clear and detailed reading guide, we’ve done all the hard work for you!

The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair by Joel Dicker is an admirable novel with an intoxicating plot mixing shady past and shifting present. It recounts the investigation of Marcus Goldman, a successful novelist, who attempts to clear the name of his former professor, accused of having murder
Published October 8th 2015 by BrightSummaries.com

Andrea Dye I've just finished it and I thought the writing style was appalling. It's probably the worst book I've read in a long while, and this is mostly due to…moreI've just finished it and I thought the writing style was appalling. It's probably the worst book I've read in a long while, and this is mostly due to the style - although I thought the plot twists were too contrived as well. So...a rotten tomato from me I'm afraid!(less)

Start your review of The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair by Joël Dicker (Book Analysis): Detailed Summary, Analysis and Reading Guide (BrightSummaries.com)
Jean-Ann Cooper
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, I loved this book! The best review I can give it is that my poor, neglected, half-starved husband was thrilled once I finished. HA!! I hated putting it down.
Asta
Mar 15, 2020 rated it did not like it
Total waste of time. Very high expectations due to numerous good comments and total disappointment at the end. I had to use all my willpower and patience to finish this book.
Tedre123
Apr 21, 2020 rated it did not like it
Maybe I've missed something in reading this book but it is one of the rare books I've ever read that I get to the end of and feel like I've been ripped off, robbed of my precious time.
The characters are unbelievable, the events are totally random and seem to have no logic to them. When the student stands up and says he likes the slurp slurp, what the hell is that all about? How does that possibly add to the story? This book is filled with cheap things that don't add interest or build the story.
Sandra Milligan
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
I love a good long read but this was 200 pages too long.! Half way through I was losing the will to live. Not a sympathetic character in the whole book. More style than substance.
Elmien Le roux
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
They say a book is judged by its cover. Not this one? I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. A must read!
Caroline
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A page turner but the main character isn't likeable and the number of plot twists goes a little over the top. ...more
Yisroel Markov
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
The dust jacket calls it "cinematic literary thriller". It is that. A very good book, it can become a very good movie. A couple of rough spots don't take away all the right ingredients. ...more
Nishtha
Jul 31, 2020 rated it liked it
The pacing was extremely slow and I think it could’ve been half it’s volume. The plot was really good though!
Anasua
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I held my breath while reading this book. Even though it is a thick paperback, I did not even notice the pages flying. Dark and delicious, the book kept me glued to its pages till the end. It is a clever whodunit murder story with so many twists that frequently I set the book aside to give myself some breather. With a heavy heart, I said goodbye to the story when it came to an end. I mourned because such a fast-paced page-turner is a rare find. So, anyone going through a reading slump could go f ...more
Philip
Jan 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable investigation of the disappearance 35 years ago of Lola, 15, whose body was found years later in Harry’s garden. Book is very long and complex but compelling – I could not guess who was guilty. I thought the story was finished several times but it continued further with even more twists. Lola was in love with author Harry age 35. He is obviously the main suspect. His friend tries to clear his name.
Elma from the Dutch literary and potato peel pie society
Love to read this again as it was my great summer read some years ago. The nice thing was that it never stopped... every time you thought it would end, it continued even further and I could enjoy reading this captivating story! And since I was reading it on my E-reader I did not realise how voluminous it was until I finished it and next saw it in the bookshop. Highly recommended!
Naty Arantes
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Francesca
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book caught me in from the first page to the last one. Once I finished it, it became my favorite book. I would recommend it to everyone who enjoys thrillers and to be dragged into her/his reeds. From the outside the book seems a brick, but I can assure you that the size won’t count, you’re gonna love it!!!
Roxanne Hunter
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Angie💛
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
If you’re looking for a good and friendly book to spend your free time with this is the right thing for you! It’s a beautiful, unexpected and unbelievable story, that makes you always think about one thing: going on! The story is simply extraordinary and the writing style is fluid but not boring. Incredible!
Elisa Cavallero
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly addictive , Dicker gave this thriller six possible endings while driving the reader to an unpredictable conclusion. It never gets boring, this is one of those books you immediately miss after having read the final line.
Highly recommended!
Diana
Feb 19, 2021 rated it did not like it
I could not finish the book. Presumably, it was a best seller in Europe. I had high hopes, but the writing, the story, the characters are abominable. The dialog is sophomoric and stilted and the plot is ridiculous.
Tasha
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. Every time I thought I had it figured out, the writer gave you a completely different scenarios, you really never had it figured out until the end and then, what a surprise!!!
Stephanie Albanese
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely incredible. I couldn’t put this book down.
Gustavo Moline
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A master piece , so clever , so smart
Erkka Ryynänen
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great "detective story" that kept up the tension and reader's interest from the beginning to the end. ...more
Ian
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
this book draws you in. its a love story with a difference and a who done-it. and as soon as you think you know who done-it the next page you dont.
Bob
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very cleverly written. Each chapter had you guessing and also giving you a further in-depth understanding of the main characters. Very enjoyable.
J Katz
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
great and imaginative mystery with authors as characters
Helena Wohlfahrt
Sep 07, 2019 rated it did not like it
Worst written book. The plot very uncomfortable. The twists seemed to be pulled out of the sack at every corner. The quality of syntax resembled a 5th graders essay. Awful.
Michal Kogan
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun and thrilling
Charlotte
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved it.
Ema Mlakar Debenec
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best book i ever read!! I finished it in two days. Amazing style and story ❤
María Castañeda zavala
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Entertaining, many plot changes, good read.
Nidhi Upreti
Mar 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020
Captivating read . The suspense about the murder and strange behaviour of several characters who drift in and out of Marcus's life is absolutely enthralling ,and the end is quite an anticlimax . ...more

• Le Livre des Baltimore
  • El Libro de los Baltimore de Joël Dicker (Guía de lectura): Resumen y análisis completo
  • La Disparition de Stephanie Mailer
  • La verdad sobre el caso Harry Quebert de Joël Dicker (Guía de lectura): Resumen y análisis completo
  • La Vérité sur l'affaire Harry Quebert
  • El enigma de la habitación 622
  • Piccole donne
  • La psichiatra
  • Edge of Eternity: by Ken Follett (The Century Trilogy, Book 3) | Summary & Analysis
  • Super Bass
  • The Sorcerer of the Wildeeps (The Sorcerer of the Wildeeps, #1)
  • A Tale of Love and Darkness
  • Empire of Lies
  • Jamrach's Menagerie
  • Lights Out in Wonderland
  • Amor Towles's A Gentleman in Moscow - For Fans (Trivia-On-Books)
  • Dreams of Leaving