Start by marking “Catching Fox” as Want to Read:
Catching Fox

Catching Fox

A chance meeting between two young souls is all it took...

When Adalynne Fairweather was just a child, her entire life had already been planned. From Ivy League schools to a career in law, adventure was the one thing out of her reach. That was until a boy with bright green eyes and a monster truck t-shirt wandered into her back yard, giving the adventure she longed for.

349 pages
Published by Limitless Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Catching Fox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catching Fox

Start your review of Catching Fox
Raj
Dec 22, 2015 rated it did not like it
"Fox! what are you doing here.I don't get it.You don't want to be with me but you also don't want me to be with anybody else..."

And this cycle continued 90% of the book.He just did not want her & she continued throwing herself at him like a bitch in heat.I'm unsure why she continued this behavior as he kicked her in the teeth almost the entire book & only switched in the last chapter.

"I want you to be happy,that's why I'm living this shit life.."Fox turned & stormed out.

Sigh!!!You
San-Dee Keefner
HATED hero and the heroine was so unrealistic. No way would ANY female keep forgiving the way she did. I like my heroines to have a little bit of a back bone, even if it is just a single vertebrae.
Yvonne (bookishpanda)

I've read Aimee McNeil's Truth or Dare a while ago and quite enjoyed it, even though I had some issues with it. It's kind of the same for this book - overall it's entertaining but there were some negatives that I couldn't ignore and that made me give the book "only" 3 stars.

What are the pros? There's an intriguing blurb and a gorgeous cover - it does sound amazing, right? I was also fascinated by the music aspect of this book. I liked that the characters were into music and connected through
Cupcakes and vodka Book Blog
Jan 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
Title: Catching Fox
Author: Aimee McNeil
Reviewer: Dawn
Stars: 5

In catching fox we get to meet two awesomely matched characters. Adalynne Fairweather (aka Bee) and Damon Knight (aka Fox). In the beginning of this story Bee and Fox are very young kids. Fox is like the kid from the other side of the tracks. While Addie's family has money Damon's family is poor in desperately broken.

Damon has done everything that he can to make sure that him and bee have remained friends. As they grow older they
Laz the Sailor
DNF before 50%. Not bad. Just boring.
Coco.V
Nov 22, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (11/22/2019)! ...more
lizparker
Dec 22, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
I liked it but the heroine was a bit too "much." I don't think I have ever met a person as nice or understanding as Addie is, in real life. Her character was a too perfect, while the hero was the exact opposite- talk about hot and cold and back and forth. He did some douchy moves too- other women (in high school and during his "rockstar" life)- while technically not cheating because they weren't "together" I still consider it a betrayal. How Addie just forgives is beyond me. I didn't
Danena Freeman
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rock
It was a great read. The characters were complex and had a long road to a HEA. The story line is interesting and heartbreaking at times. It shows how we view ourselves is sometimes our own worse downfall. The H has a lot to over come to find his own self worth before he can be the man the h needs. The h may appear weak to some but I found her to be a strong woman who understood sometimes you have to wade through the bad in life to reach what your heart truly wants. That you have to look far ...more
Faith Troupe
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an emotional roller coaster for me. Like at 70% of the book I just started crying. Worst part was that I was at work and had to stop reading or everyone would look at me weird for crying. This was a beautiful story of a childhood love between two people who met when they were 6 years old and fought to stay together because the male lead didn't think he deserved love most of all her love.

This is a great read but I found myself skimming and skipping paragraphs because of the immense
Philleys Peters
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read!

Wow! I just finished reading this book and I simply loved it! Fox and Adalynn experience a lot of needless hurt and suffering, all in the name of love, and this was the very reason I kept reading on to the end! The storyline was so captivating! A truly enjoyable read!
janet havrilla
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this

This is one of the best romantic stories I have read in a long time. Family often doesn't understand you and what is in your heart. With the support of friends we can move through this.
Leisa Prater
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved the journey of Bee & Fox... loved it ...more
Lori
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good story

A lot of ups and down to get to the end. It was a pretty good book but I admire Addie for never giving up hope but after all said and done it made a pretty good story.
Donna Dobson
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dumbfounded

I absolutely this story. Soul mates forever Fox and Bee the story! Bee finally caught fox, life finally begins. Mind blowing!
Emily Maynard
Oct 29, 2015 rated it liked it

First, many thanks to the author, who provided a free copy of Catching Fox in exchange for an honest review.

Once upon a time….. he was Fox, and she was Bee….and together they were all the world that they needed.

Adalynne was the very sheltered child of wealthy parents. We are first introduced to her at about age 6. Her world was very small, as she was homeschooled from a young age. While she wanted for nothing, Adalynne was terribly lonely. When a little boy with bright green eyes
Mignon Mykel
Dec 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
The story of Fox and his 'Bee' was so very cute. Aimee McNeil crafted a story with two characters from the young age of six, through new adulthood, capturing the timid Fox (nicknamed as such due to his quiet ways, by Adalynne) and a young Adalynne -- who when they spoke of choosing any name in the world, she would rather be 'Bee'.

Told in Adalynne's voice, albeit in the third person, we watch as Adalynne and Fox grow up, as their feelings for one another grow from secret friends to something
Kathy Wideman
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: emotional, romance
This story is so crazy and emotional. Adalynne lived a kind of lonely life and then one day on her sixth birthday a little boy wondered into her yard. The boy was scared and ready to flee she named him fox and he named her bee. The story continues with them growing up and their relationship changing as they grew. When their senior year comes around Adalynne convinces her parents to let her go to public school which happens to be the same school Fox goes to. She didn’t tell him over the summer ...more
StephanieThe BookHooker
Storyline-
Angst-5
Tissues-2
Overall Rating-3.5

Adalynneand and Damon or Bee and Fox as they are to each other meet and become friends when they were just six years old. Her being from a rich entitled family and him just the polar opposite. As the years pass their friendship grows stronger and stronger, they spend so much time together and are each others confidant. The only issue is their friendship and all the time they spend together is a secret. She goes to a private school and he does not.
The Smutbrarians
Tissues-2
Overall Rating-3.5
Kindle eARC
Reviewed by Stephanie

Adalynne and Damon or Bee and Fox as they are to each other meet and become friends when they were just six years old. Her being from a rich entitled family and him just the polar opposite. As the years pass their friendship grows stronger and stronger, they spend so much time together and are each others confidant. The only issue is their friendship and all the time they spend together is a secret.
Rae Sontheyon
The Heart Wants What It Wants . . .

This book left me conflicted, on one hand I actually loved how sweet the ending was and the stories resolution, but the main relationship just seemed too toxic for anyone to be okay with. The story is about loving someone so deeply that no one else can feel that spot, and understanding people have good in them even when others only see the harsh exterior.

At the age of 6, young Adalynne Fairweather found herself completely enchanted with a green eyed boy who
Butthisbook
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the second book I’ve had the chance of reading by Aimee McNeil and it won’t be my last. She’s quickly becoming a favorite author of mine.

As a sucker for coming of age stories, the moment I started this book I was instantly hooked.
A lovely friendship blossoms when young Adalynne decides to befriend the quiet green eyed boy the moment he wanders into her backyard.

“Adalynne was scared to let him go. There was something different about this boy that drew her to him. “How about…” Adalynne
Melissa King
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I've read one other book from Aimee McNeil and it was so good. That I was really looking forward to reading Catching Fox.

Adalynne Fairweather at six years old, has perfect blonde curls, and a big bright smile who becomes friends with a quiet green eyed boy. She decides to call him Fox, because she remembers seeing a fox earlier in the week, that was quick, quiet and beautiful. Adalynne's nickname will be Bee because then she can wear stripes all the time and play in the flowers whenever she
Melissa McNeice
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I don't know where to start with Catching Fox... It brought out such emotion. I will admit, I spent my time looking like a psycho in public, because I couldn't put it down long enough and had to keep reading on my phone while out running errands. I laughed, I cried, I laughed again and cried some more. My heart literally broke so many times and was put back together again only to be broken once more!
This tale is all about catching Fox. Our heroine, Adalynne, meets our hero, Damon, at
Elizabeth
Dec 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-freebies
3.5 Stars ~ Would recommend to a friend/Review copy provided by author

This is my second book by Aimee McNeil and I have to admit that I liked this one better. I don't know if it was the story or the author becoming a more seasoned story teller, but I really did enjoy this book more than the previous effort.

Six year old Adalynne befriends six year old Damon and a lifelong relationship develops. Their friendship is its own little world where they are Bee and Fox and the outside doesn't exist.
Sassy Southern
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh holy emotional overload, first I give this book 5 stars and second it should come with a warning label..."potential ugly cry ahead"!
Because there was points that I had to put down this book and just walk away for two reasons one I couldn't see through the tears and two I was so heartbroken I needed time to recover. I mean let's just rip my heart out here! But with that being said and those emotional outbursts from me I devoured this book. This is the first book I've read by Aimee McNeil and
B.K. Rivers
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone 17+
Sex: Yes, although for a new adult novel, the sex scenes are pretty tame compared to some.

Language: Several F-Bombs, and other mild language.

Violence: Nope, though there is some yelling.

Drugs/Alcohol: There is drinking, and some drug use by the male main character, Fox.

Nudity: Yes, it's mentioned a couple times.

What I Loved: I loved the way Fox and Addie fell in love as children. I loved how the tension grew and grew until Addie and Fox exploded, pulling at my emotions. I loved how Addie helped
Sienna Logan (Lost to Books)
I've had this book on my kindle for a while. It's been one of the free amazon downloads that I've been meaning to read for ages but haven't got round to. Well, I finally made time since I've cleared my ARC pile and it didn't disappoint.

I didn't expect this book to hook me the way it did. I've seen mixed reviews about it so I wasn't sure which way things would go for me. However, I really enjoyed Fox and Bee's story, and found it hard to put down.

Catching Fox is a story of unrequited love. I felt
Tina
Dec 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tina. ~bookaliciousbabes blog

This as a very emotional story. You will laugh, particularly at Katie. Lol. You will cry more than once. You're heart will break and your heart will be put back together.

Adalynne and Fox meet when they are 6 years old. They are from 2 different worlds. She is from money and Fox is the complete opposite. They run into each other and its friendship at first site ( with a little coaxing from Adalynne). They grow up being secret friends. The only one that know is
Pegs
Dec 31, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not for me. Spoilers!

From the prologue to the end it felt like every chapter was a repeat of the one before, but with a little more info thrown into them. Characters didn't have any, well, "character" unless they were in the immediate storyline. Like, until she got the phone call from her Mom, I had no idea Adalynne had a special relationship with her Dad. Same with Elizabeth, and with Kent. Character development was off to me. I found it hard to connect to the main character, she was boring,

• Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • The Guy on the Left (The Underdogs, #2)
  • Hate Crush
  • Love You Now (Love Hurts, #2)
  • Enemies
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • In the Unlikely Event
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville Elite #1)
  • Sweet Retribution (Rydeville Elite #3)
  • Cheat Codes (Dawson Family, #1)
  • Conclave (Devil's Night, #3.5)
  • House of Scarlett (Legend Trilogy Book 2)
  • Sergio (Benedetti Brothers #3)
  • End Game (Dawson Family, #2)
  • Boy in Luv (In Luv Duet, #2)
  • Fame And Obsession (Lords of Lyre, book 1)
  • Broken Vows (Volkov Bratva, #1)
  • That Girl
Aimee McNeil was born and raised in Nova Scotia, Canada, where she continues to live today with her husband and three children. She is a stay-at-home mother that loves every colorful moment with her family.

Aimee spends most of her free time indulging in her love of writing. You can also find her lost in the pages of a good book, or making a mess with her paints. Aimee loves to explore anything