Start by marking “MOMSTER” as Want to Read:

MOMSTER

MOMSTER is an award winning, hair-raising story about a boy who after ignoring his mother’s repeated requests, realizes what a grave mistake he has made. Mom, who is loving and kind by nature, has had it. Her frustration shows as she morphs from her peaceful self into a MOMSTER. Understanding quite quickly that his actions were the cause of this terrifying transformation, ...more
Hardcover, 1, 32 pages
Published July 1st 2015 by Wackystackbooks

To ask other readers questions about MOMSTER, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about MOMSTER

Start your review of MOMSTER
Kim Anderson
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in the mail yesterday via Goodreads Giveaways. First, thanks goes to the author for the opportunity and the win!

I just got done reading this to my son, Mikey, who is seven. Whenever we get children's books in the mail, he gets really professional about critiquing the books. Here are some of the things he had to say and I quote:

1. Everyone should read Momster. Can I take it to school?
2. The pictures are really fun and colorful. I hate reading picture books that don't have
Michelle Eastman
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Get ready for a new nighttime favorite! MOMSTER is a delightful, not too scary, cautionary tale of what can happen when mamma ain't happy! The zippy, rhyming text and colorful, fun illustrations make this a perfect read aloud. My son asked to read it over and over while he laughed out loud. I highly recommend this book.
Jeri
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
Cute little cautionary tale for children about the "momster" their mother can become if they don't listen to her. I am sure my children, now ages 20 and 16, would agree that I can become a "Momster" if they don't listen to me even now!
Donalisa Helsley
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a book that parents and children everywhere will love and relate to. Momster is a humorous story of a boy who isn't listening and following directions. Soon his mother turns into something that scares him and he realizes the consequences of his actions.

Not only will children learn from this book, it will opened parent's eyes to what we must look like to them when we "lose control". The kids will jokingly say to me, "Yes ma'am. Don't let the Momster out!"

I have also used this book in
David Grindberg
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What happens when moms go bad?

What is it that transforms that loving, caring,beautiful woman into a...well...a momster?

Laura Jensen - Kimble knows, and her playful prose along with Peter Mahr’s engaging illustrations bring young readers (or better, parents reading with their children) into a world they already know.

Momster is a whimsical, light hearted story of relationships and respect. It will quickly become one of your bedtime go tos.

So my advice to you? Sit down. Read it with your
Julie Barrett
MOMSTER
Cute children's colorful story of what happens to a mom when she asks you to do something and you avoid it and her and do what you want.
This one child explains to the other kids to watch out for their own MOMSTER as it will happen to them. When the child is nice and apologizes to her you won't believe what happens next.
Very difficult to read when they put words over dark background pages and other items on the page. You can't increase the size of the font either.
Dan
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought MOMSTER at an Authors Fest in Des Moines, IA I bought the book MOMSTER from the author Laura Jensen-Kimball for my grandchildren. Before I gave them the book to share I had to listen and read it for myself. The author did a great job in her illustrations and getting the point across.

My grand-kids love the book and already asking when I can read it to them again. I don't mind at all because I enjoy reading it and listening to the CD.

Kids as well as adults will enjoy this book.
Heather Bechtel
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book for kids! I love the humor and real life experiences
Jessi
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Both girls love this book right now!
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
This book is sheer delight. I read it with my kids and we all laughed. They thought it was so funny, as did I. I have been known to turn into a momster from time to time, so it was a book we could all relate to. I love that Jensen-Kimball found a way to teach children to be respectful to their mothers in a way that is both entertaining and funny (and a bit scary). The pictures are also such fun. The pictures illustrate the slow transition a mother to takes from loving mother to momster! I love ...more
Sam Hawk
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book with a great twist on a real life situation. My kids and I love the story. Fun for the whole family and a great lesson on respecting parents. Now when my kids give us the 'just a minute' hesitation we remind them they are causing the Momster to come out! They are old enough to know that means they are being less than respectful and jump up to respond. All because of the plot to this great children's book. Nice job Laura Jensen-Kimball! It's a nightly read and will be an heirloom ...more
Ashlee
May 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute

This Cute story with fun illustrations, I enjoy what the little sibling is doing in the background. Can't wait to read to my 3year old
Megan
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a cute and clever book. I've been known to turn into a momster a few times, like most moms have. Hopefully I don't look that scary when I "transform".
Laura Jensen-Kimball is the mother of four children and married to Jeff. She was inspired to write after her youngest child was diagnosed with a speech delay. Books were a common tool used in improving his speech. Laura creates books with a touch of humor she feels both parent and child will enjoy. Living in Norwalk, Iowa, she is also a Registered Nurse currently pursuing her Masters in Nursing. ...more