Start by marking “Drone (Beyond the Dome, #1)” as Want to Read:
Drone (Beyond the Dome, #1)

Drone

(Beyond the Dome #1)

What would you sacrifice to survive?

Vikka Raymer is a fifteen-year-old Drone, a member of the worker caste destined to labor in the factories of the New World Plutonomy. When Vikka is forced to sell her organs to pay her family's oxygen bill, she becomes trapped in a secret genetic modification program.

The experiment transforms Vikka from a frail waif into a super-soldier.
Kindle Edition
Published April 10th 2015 by Jackson Dean Chase, Inc. (first published 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Drone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drone

Start your review of Drone (Beyond the Dome, #1)
RedL.
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
2/3 Interesting but disappointing Stars

I read this a few months ago, so I'm aware my recollection of the story may not be the best, plus it was a freebie and I always feel a bit bad for not liking those or not liking them enough.

There really are many things to like in this story and its world building, even if not super original: the life conditions of the Drones, having to sell parts to live, the corporations and the related fights for power, the medical experiments, the revolution...it's pack
Dianne
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In a dystopian world where the harsh lines between the haves and have-nots come down to the basics of life, from food to clean air to breathe, the have-nots are forced to choose selling body parts for “science” or feeding their families. Society is run by major corporations who use the lower class or drones as manual labor until they reach an expiration date, and are no longer deemed worthy contributors to society.

Vikka is a teen who is close to the age of adulthood, which means repeating the de
Kel (Faerie-bookworm)
Shelf: Review
Pages: 202
Rating: 4
Heat: 1

Thoughts: I really enjoyed this story, so many twists and turns with a doozy at the end. The relationship between Vikka and Zan is weird, they haven't said anything about love really but they seem to be really close for not knowing each other at all. Other than that little piece of confusion I loved the characters, especially Wink. He's with the revolution but isn'
Butterfly Mentions
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Drone (Beyond the Dome #1)
by Jackson Dean Chase

This is the first of the series, called "Dronetown" written by Jackson Dean Chase.

The Cover: It shows Vikka, the 15-year old green eyed ginger, and Zan, the boy with the chestnut hair and soulful brown eyes looking at each other in a familiar way at each other. Below them is the city of New World Plutonomy where they live, which resembles New York and which promise to guarantee for better times when all residents do what they have to do. The front
Ivana Užarević
So I gave this book 3 stars. It was an easy book to read. In my opinion ,it was too easy.
I can't say I like it but I don't dislike it too. It is really weird. This never happened to me with a book. Let me try to explain.

I like the idea for the story and the idea for the book and the idea of these characters but I didn't like the finished work . It should have be more slowed paced, it should have more debth to the .... well to everything.
The characters were not relatable, they seemed cold and
Bunnita (Worth Reading It?)
This is a slow starter. Basically people are living under a dome in 2 classes. You have workers. They basically live a short life existing only to work and produce one child who will also be a work. Then you have the rich or the elite. They are the people who benefit from the workers though their place in society can change depending on promotions and demotions as all family members inherit their job.

The ending is the best part since the cliffhanger is also a pretty big twist. So big I wasn't co
Tony Parsons
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Elite live on Mansion Row & run Alpha City the way they see fit.
Back in time there were no Domes. The earth’s resources started to deteriorate, & business were taken over & became corrupt.
The New World Plutonomy (NWP), & the Council of 7 were founded.
Commoners formed the Resistance movement, & wanted unions & a Worker’s Bill of Rights formed.
Dronetown. Trader Nox owns the Trade-Mart pawn shop. Basically, its Black Market.
The Unassigned Drones who live in this area are quite corrupt.

Wink (
Katie Brock
Feb 02, 2021 rated it liked it
Read as part of the Marked by Fate anthology
Promisary
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was AWESOME. I finished it in one sitting because I COULD NOT put it down. That's how awesome it was, and this has become one of my favorite sci-fi books this year!
If you're looking for a sci-fi that pulls you in and won't let you go THIS IS THE ONE. Why am I not on fire after reading this ? That's how amazing this is ( I know I've said that a lot but it's SO TRUE ).
The characters , the plot, and every single bit and bob in this story is awesome and helps to build up such an amazing
Melanie Marsh
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap I loved this story!

Drone is a lot more sci-fi-ish than I normally read. I honestly would not have read it if I wasn’t already familiar with Jackson Dean Chase’s other books. I was lucky enough to have had the author send me a review copy in exchange for my review. I honestly didn’t expect to enjoy it as much as I did. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down!

This story takes place in a future where people have to pay for oxygen and the classes are definitely divided. The governme
Wendy
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Wendy by: Rachael E. Carter's YA Book Club
Shelves: scify-adventure
“Drone” the imaginative and entertaining YA dystopian sci-fi adventure opens when fifteen-year-old Vikka Raymer a member of the drone (worker) caste decides to sell some of her organs at the Surgi-Pharm Tower to pay her family’s oxygen bill only to get lost and end up strapped to a gurney in Dr. Gannix's experimental genetics lab and given serums that enhance her strength, speed and aggression.

Escaping with the help of the son of the Mogul of Surgi-Pharm, Vikka is chased by the NWP only to have
Teresa
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Title: Drone
Author: Jackson Dean Chase
Publisher: Jackson Dean Chase, Inc.
ISBN: N/A
Buy Link: http://www.jacksondeanchase.com/
Reviewer: Teresa Fallen Angel
Blurb:
Beyond the Dome 1

MEET VIKKA RAYMER.
Vikka is a Drone, a member of the worker caste destined to labor in the grim factories of the New World Plutonomy.
When Vikka is forced to sell her organs to pay her family's oxygen bill, she becomes trapped in a secret genetic modification program. The experiment transforms Vikka from a frail waif into a
Vicky Camp
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Exciting story.

Life inside the dome is in two castes, elite and workers or drones. Although there is more than one dome contact is very limited. The poorest persons are shorter lived and sell their body parts just to pay the bills while the well off corporate owners use those body parts to live for a long time.

The inhabitants are also in an ongoing fight between the government and the forces of the gorilla fighters calling themselves the Revolution.

Vikka signs a contract to sell herself for sc
Gypsy Madden
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Granted, there’s a lot in this that’s just stereotypical of scifi action flicks (tough girl heroine, romantic triangle with several guys to waver between, everyone knows how to use weapons with perfect accuracy, evil military, evil government, unfair classist society, plenty of chase scenes, and the typical dome encapsulating the city shrouding whatever lies beyond), but together it all works as a fun action adventure that didn’t have any slow spots. Granted I got a bit lost with which side cert ...more
Bonnie Dale Keck
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not Kindle Unlimited, received it via one of those here are some free books hope you take the time to review it. Actually aware of this writer, read Worms Ate Your Face {poetry collection} and quite a few of his other works, and he never has been 'right' but he;s been entertaining and sometimes amusing and sometimes gross, but at least never boring.At one time had quite a few on ku but don't think any or many now.Just check out his writer page on amazon already.Some of the others got through fre ...more
James Frederick
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really fun read with a great ending. It was a tad on the dark side, which is okay, as long as there is a balance. Too much dark side just leaves you feeling depressed and upset. Were there parts that could have been better? Probably. But it was entertaining and it kept me turning the pages. I will almost certainly pick up the next book to find out what happens. I am confident that Mr. Chase has plenty of surprises in store.
Stephanie Chu
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This has definetly been one of the most exciting books I have read!! It was so filled with action amd adventure that I couldn't put it down!!

The plot of the book was very interesting and really original! And the tension between the characters was hooking and surprising! The twist in the end was also one of the best I've seen so far!!

On the other hand, it was a very fast paced book so sometimes I had to reread some parts but overall it was a great book!
Jenna
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
DNF I wanted to like this book it had all the element to make it work, but only it didn't.
Selling limbs for what? If the rich people are leading good lives what do they with the arms and legs??
The main character is so gullible and I can't see her as some kind of hero when she is kissing boys within minutes of meeting them. Gave up at 43 %.
Melissa Montana
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent story. The ending was a complete surprise; thought I had it figured out, but it was an interesting twist (don't worry, I won't spoil it). The book is exciting to the end. I highly recommend it. ...more
Sherry Haynes
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Received through Instafreebie. Writing a voluntary review:

I didn't know what to expect when i started this book. I kinda expected it to be similar to Hunger Games but with a twist. I was wrong. This book offers non-stop action and adventure. Not knowing who is to be trusted and who is telling the truth. Only consistency is everyone is out for themselves. Really look forward to seeing where this book goes from here.
Mary
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopian
Pretty good story. Good writer.
Sonia
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Very much enjoyed this sci fi with a twist at the end that I didn't foresee. The lead heroine is a little bit annoying but the storyline was good and reasonably unique. ...more
Ron
Jul 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a surprisingly good read takes a while to get going but then is fast paced and with a great and finish
Stephen
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a good book to just burn time. It had a few good parts and the characters are OK. A just ok read!
Kendra Morgan
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Completely surprise ending.
M
I loved these 2 Dronetown books and can't wait for more! ...more
Donna
Cover/Title: I like that the cover really doesn't give you much of a hint at what is to come. The title doesn't do it justice.

Characters: The characters are ok. I kind of felt bad about Cage. He seems to be stuck in the middle of Zan and his father. Zan & Vikka are ok characters but I didn't feel much of a connection to them. I did feel somewhat sorry for Vikka because of how callously they treated her family.

Plot: There is so much going on and the secrets make it more complex. There seems to
Alicia Huxtable
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! When I heard this book being called a mix between The Hunger Games and Divergent I had some serious doubts. But I have just spent the last 3 hours unable to put it down. The characters, the plot, EVERYTHING, draws you in and doesn't let go til that very last sentence......but even then you're wanting more. Fantastic piece of work ...more
Donna Sanders
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
As with the prequel, I just couldn't put this down. The character development, dialogue and storyline keeps you reading and turning that next page. The story is unlike any other dystopian I have read. Can't wait to get my hands on the next book (Warrior). ...more
Mike Billington
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
A society that is sharply divided between the Haves (Elites) and Have-Nots (Drones) is not exactly a new concept in either the dystopian or science fiction genres (a classic episode from the original "Star Trek" comes immediately to mind, for example.)
That said, the challenge for any writer who is going to use this scenario as the basis for a novel is to make what is an overworked storyline fresh somehow.
Author Jackson Dean Chase has found the right formula, I think, in "Drone." He did it not so
Goodreads Librari...: Please replace old cover for Drone with new cover art 5 19 Aug 07, 2015 07:07PM

• Sanctuary (Shifter Chronicles, #1)
  • Teeth of the Gods (Unweaving Chronicles, #1)
  • Runes (Runes, #1)
  • The Midnight Society (Midnight Chronicles, #1)
  • Shock of Fate (Anchoress #1)
  • Becoming: The Balance Bringer (The Balance Bringer Chronicles, #1)
  • The Clay Lion (The Clay Lion, #1)
  • Fantasy of Frost (The Tainted Accords, #1)
  • Invisible
  • The Healer (The Healer, #1)
  • Birth of Legends (The Sphinx #5)
  • Shift of Shadow and Soul (SoulShifter, #1)
  • A River Called Time
  • Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children, #5)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Very Good Lives: The Fringe Benefits of Failure and the Importance of Imagination
  • Fangs
  • The Egg
Jackson Dean Chase is a USA TODAY bestselling author and award-winning poet. His fiction has been praised as "irresistible" in Buzzfeed and "diligently crafted" in The Huffington Post.

With Daniel Mignault, Chase has coauthored the epic urban fantasy series, The Gods War. The first three books, Titan, Titan: Kingdom of the Dead, and Titan: Gift of Death, are all available on Amazon). The fourth an

Beyond the Dome (2 books)
  • Warrior (Beyond the Dome, #2)