Start by marking “Beyond Earth Day: Fulfilling the Promise” as Want to Read:
Beyond Earth Day: Fulfilling the Promise

Beyond Earth Day: Fulfilling the Promise

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  9 ratings  ·  3 reviews
    Gaylord Nelson is known and respected throughout the world as a founding father of the modern environmental movement and creator of one of the most successful and influential public awareness campaigns ever undertaken on behalf of global stewardship: Earth Day.
    Now in his eighties, Nelson delivers a timely and urgent message with the same eloquence with which he has
Published October 8th 2002 by University of Wisconsin Press (first published October 4th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Earth Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Earth Day

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Beyond Earth Day: Fulfilling the Promise
Doreen Pfost
May 04, 2017 rated it liked it
I have so much admiration for Gaylord Nelson that I wanted to like this book, but I found it generally discouraging and lacking in focus. Informed environmentalists will not find much here that they don't already know; and those who don't care about the environment will probably not be persuaded by this text. For those who want to learn more about specific environmental issues, I suppose this could serve as a broad outline, and a starting point for learning more -- elsewhere.
Emmy
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An eye opener for someone who have been ignoring the nature and my surroundings all these while. I got hooked right from the first page itself.
Matthew Stolte
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Like many books written about the environment more than a few years ago, the contents are in a sense common knowledge. The urgency is present & remains. What is special about this book is Gaylord Nelson's point of view & involvement. Brief discussions of DDT, political action in Washington & environmental education are of interest. My copy (likely from one of my local library sales) is signed & rubber stamped with a quote from the end:

"Nations can recover from lost wars - witness Germany and Ja