Start by marking “Voyage (The Poetic Underground #2)” as Want to Read:
Voyage (The Poetic Underground #2)

Voyage

(The Poetic Underground #2)

The second book of poems by Erin Hanson (thepoeticunderground.com) containing many favourites from January - November 2014.
Published November 13th 2014 by Erin Hanson (first published November 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Voyage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voyage

Start your review of Voyage (The Poetic Underground #2)
K. Elizabeth
5 STARS

There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask "What if I fall?"
Oh but my darling,
What if you fly?

Wow. Just wow. I used to think Emily Dickinson was my favorite poet because I was never really into poetry, and I thought she was "pretty good" - but I was so wrong to think Dickinson was the best out there. Erin Hanson is my favorite poet, hands down. The way I connect with her poems is unlike anything I've experienced. She actually got me to love poetry. Well, at lea
Rominatata
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've read Reverie before buying this one and I feel that her writing skills are getting better each time.
What I really like about Erin Hanson is that she can put deep thoughts and feelings into a melodic poetry, into a poem you'd understand. For someone like me to appreciate a poem, I need to understand it, love the harmony of the words and rhymes, and able to feel emotions in it - whether it may be gratitude, sadness, awe,... And Erin Hanson is an artist who paints her thoughts and emotions int
Nice
Sep 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People who want an example of why rhyming poetry is unpopular.
Once again, motivational Facebook statuses meet very basic rhyming. Sing-songy meter alternates with clunky, poorly-handled syllable count. I think people should be good at writing before they self-publish books, but not everyone agrees with me. I am also reminded of two definitions.

1. Tripe

Something, especially speech or writing, that is false or worthless; rubbish.

2. Treacle

Something (as a tone of voice) heavily sweet and cloying.
Nafisa Nuzhat
Jun 21, 2017 rated it liked it
I love almost all the poems but to be honest, all the rhyming and rhythm of these poems are blending in with each other because there is no variation in the pattern of poetry. Reading one of the three books that she has is sufficient or I think if read once in a while in between other books, perhaps then you'll get a better sense of the content. I love the message after almost all of the poems but the pattern gets redundant and repetitive when reading consecutively.
Sophia
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fave poet, so much love for Erin Hanson and her amazing voice
Megan394
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
absolutely beautiful, would recommend for anyone who feels broken, it was full of emotion, so true and honest
Tabbitha Lindsley
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely beautiful poems.
Jenim Dibie
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not as good as Reverie but noteworthy nonetheless.
Meagan Patterson
I loved it! Erin Handson writes beautifully and about super relate able topics. Her poetry is positive, encouraging, energizing, and uplifting. Some I found heartbreaking but for the most part they made me see myself in a better light and mad me want to make positive changes in my own life. I can't wait to read everything else she's written.
Jan 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: poetry
I enjoyed the first volume, which I felt showed so much potential, but my hopes were dashed with this one. There are a few good nuggets here, but unfortunately this second volume is also replete with self-righteous, self-absorbed, melodramatic drivel better suited to an angsty teenager's diary than a published work of poetry. I'll be pleased to go back and re-read the gems in this volume, but they are unfortunately in the minority.
Rositsa Petrova
Aug 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I find Erin's poetry very touching. She's been to places I have been to and I found many of her poems relevant. Some even have similar themes to poems I have written, which was amazing, like, someone else felt exactly the same way I did. It's reassuring. Actually, one of her poems saved me. Really. Thank you, Erin.
Hannah
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful. Every single one.
Valia (beingshelfaware)
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
Beautiful poetry as always.
Heather
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another great collection. I'm finding some of the poems a bit repetitive, but beautiful nonetheless.
Lozzi Counsell
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
A few spelling errors/missing words that require attention, but Erin is still my favourite poet <3 ...more
Brooke
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, poetry
I love Erin Hanson's work! Her poetry flows smoothly and beautifully, making me feel every bit of passion she's marked in ink.
MaryGrace
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I adore Erin's poetry but I have to admit I liked the first book better.
Minken
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Hanson's writing and how she says things so beautifully.
Sokcheng
Apr 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVE. Erin Hanson's work made me fall in love with poetry for the first time.
Sofia Nunes
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-shelf, favourites
Petals and Promises

She was the summer's last sunflower,
Writing a letter to July,
As though one final correspondence,
Would make an easier goodbye,
But already she could feel them,
The approaching winds of change,
An autumn she would never see,
Both beautiful and strange,
As the heat's embrace got softer,
She watched the leaves all fall and settle,
And had one last look for love,
Within her few remaining petals,
But though the sun had made a promise,
She knew it was one that he forgot,
As her final petal

• 2am Thoughts
  • Beautiful Mistakes
  • in the absence of the sun
  • All Along You Were Blooming: Thoughts for Boundless Living
  • One Walk in Winter
  • Mind Over Money
  • Charlie Dancey's Encyclopaedia of Ball Juggling
  • The Book of Dragons & Other Mythical Beasts
  • Overshare: Love, Laughs, Sexuality and Secrets
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part Two (Ruins of the Empire, #2)
  • Verlies
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part Three (Ruins of the Empire, #3)
  • Just Jorie
  • Pitifully Ugly
  • Land of the Living
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part One (Ruins of the Empire, #1)
  • Ice Cream And Suicide
  • The Cone Gatherers

The Poetic Underground (3 books)
  • Reverie (The Poetic Underground #1)
  • Dreamscape (The Poetic Underground #3)

News & Interviews