Start by marking “Bonded (Bonded to the Alpha #1)” as Want to Read:
Bonded (Bonded to the Alpha #1)

Bonded

(Bonded to the Alpha #1)

Kindle Edition, First Edition, 139 pages
Published August 9th 2014 by Robin Moray

To ask other readers questions about Bonded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bonded

Start your review of Bonded (Bonded to the Alpha #1)
Lorraine Lesar
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it
The blurb really did intrigue me and apart from that unfulfilling ending, I quite liked it. The swaying factor for me, was the subtle humour (I’m assuming it was intentional?).
Either way, I will be reading book 2, Loyal: Bonded to the Alpha.
DarienMoya

I’m just gonna put this out there, I freaking loved this so much so that I ate up the rest of the series. Robin Moray writes some sexy wolves and also gives us a story.

description
Steph ☀️

Not bad for a start. There a lot of unanswered questions, which I assume at least some of them will be answered in the next book.
Mimi
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
3 stars

This was not what I expected from Robin Moray (R.J.) the author of "His boy next door". That was sexy, erotic and very well written. This wasn't anything like that. There was lite submission, a lot of flip-flopping and really no communication about what should happen between Nero and Callum.

Maybe book two will be better. One can only hope.
namericanwordcat
2.5 Stars

This wolf shifter romance moving along pretty nicely and then it did that thing where it just ended. Like the author was going to write a serial. Bleh.

The next book in the series feature the same couple, the third one 1/4 features them and in the 4th they just some up. I have read the 4th book and its much better.

There is good writing here but so many threads that lead to no where that I am not inclined to read the rest of the books.
Hc
Interesting.. different. Pretty much down and ok with it until about the last page. Is this supposed to turn into a series because the ending was very unsatisfying.
(view spoiler)
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

Bonded mates are rare, and every wolf knows that the killing of a bond-mate is punishable by death. But nineteen-year-old Callum is fully human, woefully ignorant of Pack Law, and when an accidental encounter with a frenzied beta leaves the wolf dead and Callum battered but alive, he finds himself facing the wrath of the pack -- until the dead wolf’s mate invokes the right to claim Callum as his own.

With his life on the line, Callum’s only choice is to bond with the troubled alpha, and
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
Okay, you know when you enjoy something just because you enjoy it? You know flaws and all without guilt? Well that's the way I felt about Bonded to the Alpha. It was just fun. I felt the main reason why it worked so well for me was because the writer stayed with her limits. She didn't try to go for any great big bells & whistles or really high drama or re-create the entire concept of werewolves. She just wrote a really enjoyable story and I was totally in the mood for a fun, enjoyable book. ...more
⚣Michaelle⚣
3.5 Stars

Really good start to the series...immediately started the next one!
~nikki the recovering book addict
Not the best..

I started this series from the back - book 4. And that was an awesome book! I did have some reservations, coming into the start of the series, because typically it gets better the further along the series it gets. So starting from the end, I was worried the first few wouldn’t hold up and sadly, my worries were completely valid.

I didn’t connect with this book as much. While the writing style is similarly pleasant and funny, I didn’t like the characters much. Especially Nero, even
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Bonded to the alpha

Callum was a little callous about the animal right from the beginning, angry about the dent in his car before even checking to make sure he knew what he hit--it could have been a person--and whether it was still alive. He was aware enough to know the legalities of hitting certain animals, and if the animal were still alive he'd have to call someone fast. I actually didn't much like or have sympathy for him at that point.

Later Callum never says anything like "sorry for your
miss_chams
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was written well enough, just not for me. There was just no life to this story, and I didn't feel any connection with the characters until well into the book (like >50%). I guess Callum was OK, some secondary characters too, but the alpha was just kind of... wet. I was actually beginning to suspect that was the reason the bond wasn't working.

It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't very compelling until the end where it just sort of ended right when it was getting interesting. Frankly I was
Janie
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I wish I could fully understand the vague dissatisfaction I felt after reading these books. It's not that I think they're bad, but they're... I guess frustrating would be the right word. There's potential for something great here, the beginning chemistry between Nero and Callum drawing the reader in and presenting the idea that this is going to turn into an epic romance.

Sadly, it never did. For two people who can sense each other's emotions after completing their bond, they do a remarkable job
Robin L
I wanted to love it, I really did. But it felt incredibly unfinished and rushed at the end. There seemed to be so much more that could be explored with the background of the two mc and the background characters. I just wanted more.
Erica
Nov 03, 2014 rated it liked it
This is was pretty good as long as it was the start of a longer story. If this is really the end, and not "to be continued" . . . well, I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt. It's an interesting beginning.
Amy
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-them
Great story, I would definitely like a sequel.
Aiva
This is a nice, romantic story. I liked the idea of this book. Have sex to bond or die! A very hard decision ;) Though the open end annoyed me!
3 stars
SheReadsALot
This plot intrigues me.
BB
May 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
What a mess..

I read His Boy next door series and loved it. But the writing in this book is a big ole mess, if felt rushed, choppy and even clumsy.
The inner dialogues of Callum were ridiculously shallow and hopelessly childish, but the dialogues with the other packs and his sister Jackie were outrageously over the top. It was annoying me to no end, had to stop reading at times and distract myself before going back to try and finishing this book.
For the most part I was struggling to connect with
S.A. Crow
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Elements about the first two in this series made me a little uncomfortable, much as with her Boy Next Door books - nothing to make me stop reading but enough to not 100% recommend, unlike Collar For His Brat or Something Wicked. Maybe something about the inevitability of the bond? The emphasis on submission outside the bedroom? Not sure. But I keep reading.
Grace
3.5 rounded up

Really good for what it was. Nothing revolutionary, but the writing was decent and the author managed to avoid the insta-love stuff I loathe while still going with the whole bonding/mates thing. Super fast read, and great for a bit of light, supernatural fun. HFN ending, but the couple is in the next book, so don't worry. :)
Yvonne
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
Different shifter story, very enjoyable read.
Kristy Maitz
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting story plot.
andrea moran
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bonded to the alpha

Callum comes home after his fathers death and unknowingly lands himself in trouble with a werewolf pack after killing the alphas mate
Niumi
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-yum, mm-shifter
PwP so no much to say. Pretty steamy but the MCs never talk to eachother
Sabrina
Insta-love. Like, at ~20% insta-love. Ugh.

If you know me, enough said.
Tianne
I mean, not exceptional, but still fun and above average for the genre. Also Nero is a wet dream and Callum, while still very much a 19 year old, isn't an idiot and has rational reservations.
Cheryl
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
When I read this book in Oct 2014 I thought it had a story to tell that was different to so many other shifter mate stories. Reading it again before reading book 2 in the series reminded me just how different it was.
Callum is a 19 yr old man who's car is run into by a psycho wolf in the middle of a hunt. Nero is the unhappy mate of the psycho and also the Alpha of an unhappy pack.
When these two meet there in no insta-love. They are not fated mates. They are two men forced together by the desire
Wende
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
It very hard to put into words my thoughts on this book. Well it didn't stink. It was readable. I guess I can put my thoughts into words. Nero was a Alpha who just wasn't Alpha enough. Callum acted like a scared teenager (which he was mind you). I noticed there is another book in the series. Why? This one just needs another chapter to wrap everything up. I did enjoy the interactions with the pact once they got over the need to be assholes. I just wish Nero and Callum had connected more. Had ...more

• Omega Society Auction: Book One (Rourke #1)
  • Prince for Sale (Thrall Prince #1)
  • Human Omega: Babied by His Guardian Mates (Pykh, #3)
  • Human Omega: Trapped in the Alien Jungle (Pykh #2)
  • Sacred Omega (Guardian Dragons, #1)
  • Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #1)
  • Kríe Captivity (The Nira Chronicles, #1)
  • Human Omega: Discovered on the Slave Planet (Pykh, #1)
  • Omega Society Auction: Book Two (Rourke #2)
  • Wed to the Omega (Luna Brothers, #1)
  • Gentle Hand (Perfect Hands #2)
  • The Vampire's Omega (The Vampire's Omega, #1)
  • The Prince's Fate (Thrall Prince #2)
  • Omega Kidnapped (Bad Guys and Babies #1)
  • One Wild Heat (Alphas of the Western Provinces, #1)
  • Lightbearer
  • Omega Society Auction: Book Four (Rourke #4)
  • Azaran (The Brotherhood of Ormarr, #1)

Bonded to the Alpha (4 books)
  • Loyal (Bonded to the Alpha #2)
  • Claimed (Bonded to the Alpha #3)
  • Mated (Bonded to the Alpha #4)