Start by marking “Wolf Scent (Mountain Wolves #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Scent (Mountain Wolves #1)

Wolf Scent

(Mountain Wolves #1)

Kirk Anderson likes living alone in his mountain cabin, or so he tells himself. He’s a monster, after all. How would he ever find a man who can deal with his other self—the wolf?

When a reckless young hiker named Leo gets his leg caught in an old bear trap, Kirk rescues him, tracking him down by scent alone. While Kirk takes care of his injuries, Leo’s bright, sunny
Published January 8th 2014 by Isabel Dare (first published December 3rd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Scent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolf Scent

Start your review of Wolf Scent (Mountain Wolves #1)
Sheri
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-r-e-e, pnr
Leo is lost and badly injured and....his hero appears out of thin air.
Packaged in a tall, burly, melt-your-panties gruff....he thinks he's hallucinating from the pain.
When he awakens in a strange cabin, he realized his walking wet-dream was indeed real.
During his recovery, he quickly falls for the reserved mountain man.
*insta-love alert*
When his poorly times 'moon-time' coincides with an unwelcomed pack of strangers...Kirk vows he will protect his mate at all costs.
*cliffy alert*
Love the peek
Jacq ~
Feb 24, 2015 rated it liked it

Enchanted Forest Adventures with many scents & Bird sounds and the famous WOLF howl. TRULEY this was like reading a kids book...noted with smexy scenes beyond 50%
BEWARE a dang cliff hanger.

Elspeth
Dec 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mmr, twenty-forteen, ebook
This was pretty hot, but I have no love for serials with cliffhangers.
Sunny
Feb 22, 2015 rated it liked it
I realy liked Kirk and Leo, and the story kept my interest, but it lost a star because this not only ends on a cliffhanger, but things are brought up but not fully explained. It's too dependent on future books. The MCs win, though, and I'll be reading the next story so I get more of them.
Avril
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
Really? That ending. Really? Yeah, no.
Tami
Mar 17, 2015 rated it did not like it
Felt like a bad try at a "winter wolf" rip-off with a lot of cliches. And it didn't really feel like a m/m story.

The young, pretty twink who likes to cook felt way too much like a girl. Not sure what exactly it was. He just didn't feel like a guy to me. Maybe it was the being rescued and carried home thing. If he would at least have been the top, but no...the obligatory "mating" happend with him firmly at the bottom...

The whole novel felt very insubstantial. There was simply nothing to it.
Two
Candice
Cliffhanger.

Not sure I want to read on in this series :( It's possible though.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
It was OK, but not interesting enough to pull me into the rest of the series.
Lasha
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was ok

Two of my biggest pet peeves occurred in this novella. One, it ends on a cliffhanger, and two, the end seemingly is the means to sell the second book in this "series." The follow-up could have easily been folded into this book to make a very enjoyable novel, but it just cuts off and then the author's note about buying the next installment. I'll pass.
Alexis Woods
Should have gotten a five star rating, but when I say cliffhanger, I mean cliffhanger. Grrr... sending up my own wolf howl of outrage.

Free read, so I can't be too upset. It will be worth it as a complete story. Easy and quick read. Deliciously X-rated.
Andrea
Oct 31, 2014 rated it did not like it
Ends in cliffhanger - that's a guarantee that I'll never buy anything else written by this author.
B~
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
2.75 Stars
Ashley♥Alexis
that was enjoyable. I can't wait to pick up the next one.
Melissa
This was a cute enough start to what I didn't realize was a 6 book series. I'm not rating this as a "book", because it isn't one. It's the introduction to a story, and as such I enjoyed it.

The writing was good and the characters were decent. Leo was funny and Kirk was rugged and animalistic, which was great. I read a lot of shifter stories and one thing I noticed in a lot of them is the were-whatevers don't really have animal characteristics to them (outside of, you know, turning into animals,
Michelle
Not a bad little book. Kirk is a gay werewolf, former military, recluse mountain man. Leo is a gay wanna be painter, who gets stuck in a bear trap while out hiking. I don't think it was ever addressed why he was out hiking, but we do know he found it about as fun as a business trip. Kirk saves him from the bear trap, and "Wolf Scent" tells him that Leo is his mate. Awkward attraction ensues. No mention of "fated" mates in this one, though the scent does ensure a "Love at First Smell" attraction ...more
Derreck
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read. It had just about everything I expected. But I won't lie and say I was completely blown away by this... until the sex happened. Oh there is most certainly chemistry going on between Kirk and Leo. There is no denying that.

I just kinda wished that maybe, more could've been included in this book. Gonna be a little brutally honest here, $4 for a 30,000 word book is kind of a lot to me. But that's just my opinion. Though this was free, so there's a good chance I will read the
Evie Amour
Jul 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought this was very cute. There were some sweet and funny moments, and I love Leo! He was such a cute character. Also their sexual tension was very hot. I skipped over the actual sex scene but the tension leading up to it was very good. Their feelings for each other turned to love too fast and could have taken some more time to develop, but overall this was well written and definitely not bad. I dont even mind the cliffhanger ending, the main story from this installment was still wrapped up ...more
Briarwolf  Baby
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-werewolves
I wasn't expecting much from this, considering that it is gay werewolf erotica at such a low price and a short length, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was well written and, with the exception of a couple of minor continuity errors, it read very smoothly. Kirk has a wild yet gentle character that I enjoyed. Leo is given a backstory that I felt added to the depth of the character nicely. I plan to read more from this author.
Connor Hall
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
A decent story, however even with a cliffhanger I've yet to buy the next book. In fact, the sequel seems to its detriment as this book works so well just focusing on two characters and their romance that to broaden it is to cheapen it.
Mary Winstead
Dec 09, 2017 rated it liked it
couldn't get into this book. Than when I tried I couldn't keep reading male on male. Sorry can't read these types of books. If your into these you May enjoy unlike me.
China
Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Too short!

I wish it was longer! I enjoyed this book a lot & was disappointed by the ending. I want mote!
Melody
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lgbtq
Well. That was bad but not downright the worst thing ever. I also kiiiinda want to know how the story is going to progress. Still, I should really stick to fanfiction.
Lucinda
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Part of a series

The characters are stunted and incomplete. I don't know what the book is really about. And it has a cliffhanger.
Elin Sjögren
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. It was paced nicely and I liked the brooding main character a lot
Sebastian
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent
Ed Davis
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved the book, hated the ending.
Scott  McQuiston
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Werewolf rescue

I enjoyed the story quite a bit. The main characters were likable. While I thought a guy walking around so soon after being in a bear trap might be a stretch, I could move on for the wonderful romance.
Shannon Hinman
Feb 25, 2017 rated it liked it
A werewolf who is happy being alone follows a wonderful to a hiker caught in a bear trap. He helps the hiker out of the trap and takes him back to his cabin. As he nurses the man back to health they begin to have feelings towards each other, but as the full moon approaches, the man struggles with the wolf for control. He doesn't tell the hiker anything so as not to frighten him away.
I found it to be a fun and charming read. The werewolf had no idea how to act around this guy because he was so
Brick ONeil
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Downloading and reading this free ebook took quite some time, after seeing on Amazon. I wasn’t sure I wanted to read yet another hokey werewolf story full of teenage angst and over-the-top testosterone and drama. After reading several reviews months later, I was intrigued and loved this first book. In fact, I loved this story so much, I bought the next three books (although Dare charges more than they are worth, really, $4 for just 30K words? Each? She thinks highly of herself.)
Dare can write,
Mary Mary
I don't know how I feel about this. Again.

1. The beginning was annoying, it was all about "scent, scenting" and oh, did I mention SCENT???!
2. Then it was really enjoyable, I liked the idea of a lonely, good guy living in the middle of nowhere, fighting with his wolf instincts and then suddenly finding a poor, injured guy. I like the idea of taking this hiker to his cabin and I even understood his cravings to mate and claim.
3. BUT WHY WAS HE ACTING THE WAY HE WAS? It is said, he became a beast
« previous 1 3 next »

• Finding Finn (Wolf's Mate, #1)
  • Tonight
  • Entangled
  • Mr. Jaguar
  • Heat Seeking Alpha (Omega for Hire #2)
  • Why Love Matters
  • Save the Date
  • Wolf of the Northern Star (The Wolfkin Saga #2)
  • Yours
  • The Boxer
  • The Wolf Within (Purgatory, #1)
  • Game On (Game On, #1)
  • The Dragon and the Wolf (Things in the Night, #1.5)
  • Little Wolf  (Beings in Love, #4)
  • For the Love of Scott (A Ten Rigs Texas Tale, #1)
  • The Bones Beneath My Skin
  • My Alpha's Secret (Second Chance Mates, #1)
  • Always Mine (Love in Eden #1)
Isabel Dare has always loved sexy, steamy and perversely romantic tales, and now she's writing her own!

Mountain Wolves (5 books)
  • Wolf Howl (Mountain Wolves #2)
  • Wolf Pack (Mountain Wolves #3)
  • Wolf Moon (Mountain Wolves #4)
  • Wolf Call (Mountain Wolves #5)
“Kirk was going crazy. That wasn’t an exaggeration, that was pure brutal fact.” 1 likes