Jump to ratings and reviews

Sit 'N Go Strategy

12 books12 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
16 (4%)
1 star
3 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 11 of 11 reviews
Profile Image for Michael.
504 reviews22 followers
August 9, 2009
Warning: This review is full of pokerspeak. I'm 3/4 of the way through, and I'm not going to complete it for now because the SNG is practically dead in the poker rooms. It just ain't what it used to be in the poker rooms. However, this is the the eternal book on them. I just wish more people played them instead of going over to the 50/50 sit 'n go's that are going on at Stars. I don't see many games at the higher limits where making a good living is possible.

Profile Image for Harry.
7 reviews4 followers
December 27, 2012
One of the only books I know of on this subject. I think it's one of the best poker books so far. Collin goes into specific detail regarding the different blind levels, and also when it gets late, when & how to push/fold. I've read the Harrington on Hold 'Em series (1/2), and 2+2 generally puts out good material. I've read this close to 3 times over now, digging more and more into the concepts each time, highlighting the details of each hand explanation and outcome to make it easier to review. A definite must-have for any serious SnG poker player.
Profile Image for Seytin.
30 reviews
September 5, 2008
While I find the information in this book to be very reliable and the tables helpful, I don't think it is presented in a way that is best. The information WILL help you beat the games (which is the whole point) but don't expect to be blown away by the language. This is not the most fun book to read. The examples are very helpful though.
16 reviews1 follower
July 1, 2012
This book provides a great overview of all the various stages of sit 'n go tournaments and details specific strategies that should be applied in each stage. The section on High-Blind play is particularly excellent. Understanding high-blind play is critical to tournament poker as the gameplay is vastly different than that of a cash game.
Profile Image for David.
Author 46 books46 followers
January 15, 2008
If you play low-limit Sit 'n Go tournaments at PokerStars, please do not read this book.
16 reviews
September 13, 2018
This book is an absolute must for anyone interested in poker/poker theory.

Colin Moshman's insight into how to play single table sit and go tournaments (ring games) is superb. I first read this book when I was just starting to play poker and still use the same core principles it teaches to this day.
Profile Image for CV Rick.
416 reviews9 followers
October 31, 2009
This is a good book about a narrow specialty of the Texas Hold'em game. I might rate it higher, but I really haven't had a chance to experiment with its teachings. Hopefully this winter I'll show significant profit with what I've learned through this volume.
Displaying 1 - 11 of 11 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.