Start by marking “The Mayfair Moon (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Mayfair Moon (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #1)

The Mayfair Moon

(The Darkwoods Trilogy #1)

After a nightmarish encounter with a werewolf, seventeen-year-old Adria Dawson loses her sister, but gains the love of a mysterious young man and his legendary family. Strange and tragic things begin to happen in the small town of Hallowell, Maine: residents come down with an unexplainable 'illness' and some disappear. In the midst of everything, Isaac Mayfair is adamant a ...more
Published February 6th 2012 (first published January 6th 2012)

Start your review of The Mayfair Moon (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #1)
Riley
Sep 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Actual rating: 2.5

This book was hard for me to rate. I was very entertained by it and practically finished it in one sitting. It very much reminded me of Twilight, in a good way, just better and about werewolves. It’s definitely one of those series that I would have obsessed over in my young teen years. What I can say about this book is that it was fun but very cliche.

You have the special snowflake girl who finds herself in the middle of a paranormal war. And for some reason everyon
CeCe
Nov 30, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am a sucker for YA paranormal books. Whether they be vampires, werewolves, fairies, you name it, I will read it. This book did nothing for me. I just didn't buy the whole romance between Isaac and Adria. Didn't buy the love for sisters. When I thought it would get good, it didn't. I tried.

Spoiler below.

Not sure how to hide a spoiler correctly so pressed ENTER a bunch of times.

The paragraph below only tells a small part of what happened in the story, b
Inna
I loved this book. It's like Twilight's better, older, hotter, distant cousin. This book is awesome for the following reasons..

1) The Main Character- Adria was awesome. I don't feel like she suffered from the TSTL syndrome that many YA heroines suffer these days. I feel like even though her life wasn't great she was immensely loyal to her family. I really hated her mom, but I appreciated that Adria didn't become an angst ridden teen angry at the world. Now granted at times she did do some pretty s/>1)
Rachmi
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, paranormal, romance

Remember Jacob Black, ? No offense to his fans but I’m kind of feel sorry for him. He’s the most misfortune werewolf I’ve ever read. He seems always in the wrong place meet wrong person in wrong time.

And then there’s Sam Roth, a sentimental musician werewolf which surprisingly I enjoyed his story.

Now, meet Isaac Mayfair , 19 yo werewolf from the most famous bloodline. He’s pureblood, second in line and his Alpha is feared by other werewolves. He met Adria Dawson, female main character in this story,
Erin
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! Ms. Redmerski, you clever gal, you went and created one incredibly addicting story, now didn't you??!! I am SO glad I decided to pick up Mayfair Moon, it is one of the best YA fantasy books that I've come across and I am officially hooked on this series!!

Mayfair Moon is such a creepy, sexy twist for the werewolf story! This is no "Teen Wolf" with a romance; it's a scary, intense, unrelenting tale that grips you with memorable characters, a pulse-racing love, and a c
Shelly Crane
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
LOVED!!!

To be honest, it took me a little bit to really get into it. I am not a huge fan of werewolf novels in general, but I wanted to give it a try b\c I've heard so much about it being a good book. Pretty much as soon as Isaac comes into play I was hooked.

Now sadly, I saw a spoiler review for the last book, so I knew exactly what the 'weird stuff' going on in the end of the book was. I kinda wish I hadn't seen the spoiler. I wonder if I would've figured it out for myself. :) But
RoloPoloBookBlog
As an avid (bordering on voracious) reader, I have a few simple requirements for a book to be successful: 1) a strong, well-developed plot with great potential for growth and; 2) strong, believable, well-developed characters with great potential for growth. Not only did J.A. Redmerski’s first novel, The Mayfair Moon satisfy my requirements, it went well beyond what I would have expected from a first-in-a-series novel. To be completely frank, I had a hard time putting this book down!

R
Tana
Apr 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Mayfair Moon (The Darkwoods Trilogy) by J.A. Redmerski

The Mayfair Moon written by J.A. Redmerski is a fantastic read; the author has done a terrific job giving us a different type of story around werewolves. I absolutely loved the fresh spin in this genre. I found the authors writing refreshing, and I can say without a doubt that this trilogy is going to be a great one. I have given the author and The Mayfair Moon a 5 star rating as her writing is great, plot and character descri
Scimone Jackson
May 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Okay so i'm not entirely sure why everyone loved this book. I'm actually thorougly confused honestly. It wasn't a horrible book persay. I loved the way it started off but then it all went downhill from there (to me at least). Our heroine was so annoying at times i could scream. I'm all for the damsel in distress but Damnit! Do something smart. (view spoiler) ...more
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Absolutely loved it!

That sentence alone would be the one I would pick if I could only write one sentence for my review.

I absolutely loved this book!

And that is saying something because, as I have said numerous times before, werewolf books and I do not always get along. I buy them, I read them, I want to like them, but very rarely do I really enjoy them. Even the popular ones that everyone raves about.

Yep, we have a fascinating love hate relationshi
Lainey
Aug 26, 2016 rated it liked it
So, I'm planning on reading a lot of Redmerski's other books since she's written a lot and y'all know how her In the Company of Killers series is one of my top faves. This book was all right. It's kind of like Twilight, just written better and focuses on werewolves. There were a few cheesy parts but it's super addicting and I read it in a couple days so it's super fast-paced. I also like the author, and that just makes my enjoyment level higher.

Actual Rating: 3.5/5
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
I really enjoyed this werewolf story. It has action, intrigue, and love.The story moves fast.Isaac Mayfair stole my heart. His cold, distant demeanor pulled me in, and then his warm feelings for Adria kept me motionless beside them.
Nitzan Schwarz
To read this review and more pop by my blog, Drugs Called Books

It's more like 2.75.

This book was a major disappointment to me. I heard so much good things about it, from people whose opinion I hold in high regards, and it disappointed in almost every aspect.

THE WRITING
I will start with Redmerski's writing style, because there lay the main problem I had with the book; I hated it. It made me cringe at parts, and for me it didn't flow, caught in my ear and was simp
Belkis
Apr 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audios-done
Very good read indeed! Can't wait to jump into book two to find out what happens next with Isaac and Adria. The whole story was quite interesting. The writing style and main character intonation complemented the storyline perfectly. Adria's voice captured her high school teenage persona convincingly and she came across as a sincere level headed teenager who regretfully had been dealt a less than perfect hand by fate but somehow managed to stay strong and make the best of things. I liked the auth ...more
Sam
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-favorites
Roar-licous!
The Mayfair Moon, had my adrenaline charged. Omgosh it was filled with wonderful characters (good & bad) and has an amazing awesome love story! I can not stop thinking about this book!
I need more of Isaac & Adria ;p

Jennifer Lee
Mar 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of werewolf novels
Recommended to Jennifer Lee by: no one D;
Actual Rating if you are sickenly obsessed with Superntural like me is 3.5 stars
If you don't like Supernatural then the rating is 3.
And if you don't like Supernatural, then this is all I have to say to you:

photo tumblr_lk4snbRnTy1qg8hgmo1_500.gif

So the reason this book got an extra half a star rating is because of the mention of Supernatural. Yes, I'm giving it half a star beacuse it mentions a TV show that I love. DON'T JUDGE3.
And
Sarah Kalaitzidis
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: werewolves
I’m not usually surprised by werewolf books, but this managed to do just that. In most of the werewolf books I read, they turn into a wolf. In this book, the werewolves turn into Lycans, or half man-half beast. I don’t usually read werewolf books like this, but this book made me love it from beginning to end.

There is so much character diversity, but they all fit and work well together. Adria is the main character of this book. She was close to her sister Alex, back when they lived in Athens, Ge
Sylvia
What can I say but WoW! J.A. Redmerski, why oh why did it take me this long to read it? I absolutely love this book and the characters in it. I seriously played out every scene in the book like it was an actual movie shot. Yes, it's a story about werewolves, but it's so much more different and very unique, than your average werewolf story. It's eerily dark, cloaked in so much mystery and heart palpating twists and turns. The wolves are actually huge, as in, totally morphed and vividly reminiscen ...more
Soumi
Alex and Adria, the two sisters have always strongly bonded from their childhood, even domestic violence could not affect them; they always found support and comfort in each other. A bloodcurdling encounter with a werewolf and being attacked caused the sisters to move in small town of Hallowell to live with their uncle. Adria considered this as her second chance to forget the violent incident of werewolf attack and start over her life and met a mysterious young man named Isaac Mayfair who has hi ...more
Nicole
Mar 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Now I'm starting to get cranky. It seems as though it's been a week of 3 star books for me and I'm over it. I don't think a book has ever managed to piss me off within the first 2 pages like this one did. Kudos.

On the first page, Adria, or "Dria" talks about her life with her older sister, her mom, and her mom's abusive boyfriend. She says "But don't get the wrong idea; no one beat me, and my life wasn't all that bad, really." Hmm. OK. If you say so, girl. She also goes on to say, "Who could be
Purcheria
Ordinarily I try to find books about at least 17 to 18 yr olds because I like to have a bit of spice in my books. It does not have to have all out sex, but at 17 and 18 you're expecting a little more than kissing without tongue. Something a little more mature, you know? This was one of the reasons why I picked up this book along with the fact that it was also about weres/shapeshifters, which I prefer to vampires. I will admit that although I wasn't crazy about the writing I kept at it until I go ...more
Mo
Apr 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 1

Um, this book was better than the reviews I read about this book, but it was disjointed in several areas. Adria was level headed but the writing about her circumstances made the sub plots feel forced. Her uncle was getting better, but nothing was written about what may have happened to him when he was attacked. Was he turned? No clue. Her sister, Alex, was turned into a werewolf which changed her complete personality?
The secret Adria knows about Isaac's father has to be kept? Woul
Amy
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars! I flew through this one! The description saying this is Twighlight reminiscent is correct! I wish there was a bit more relationship depth, but I was totally hooked in!
Liz at Fictional Candy
This story definitely filled my need for werewolves in my life. And it brought werewolves to me in a new aspect. JA Redmerski’s wolves are big, I mean, huge. They are snarly big mean looking monsters.

First thing I noticed about this book is that it read very easily. It felt like I was talking with an old friend, and I really liked that. I didn’t feel like I was being told a story, so much as I was there for it.

Adria and Alex are sisters living in Georgia with their mother
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*
Am i the only one who hasn't ready many books with werewolves? Because that was the main reason i got the book. I wanted to read something a little different than usual.

Sooo i have both positive and little negative feedback for this book. To start with the positive, the book takes you in easily. Okay, at the first 1-2 chapters i wanted to give up, but there was something in there telling me "no..go on!". And i did. And i was surprised. The mystery about the werewolves and the familie
Danielle (Danniegurl)
No rating yet. I need to figure out my thoughts review to come.

Some thoughts so far:
Why do Isaac and Adria love each other? What is the draw? Is there a reason? I didn't really understand their "love" it was insta but it was never clarified why. Mates? Fated mate? He just knew and they love each other quickly.

The other things such as werewolves is dark. I'm not sure I fully understand the magnitude of this world. I didn't understand her sister I didn't understand the "enemy" what w
Suzanne
Jul 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: werewolves, audio

Mayfair Moon was an enjoyable enough read, and I'm always quite happy to be reading about werewolves, and this book definitely has it's fair share of some hot, sexy specimens, especially Isaac.

The main character, Adria is a likeable enough character, though slightly annoying at times, but not enough so to hinder my enjoyment of the book.

The romance bothered me though. There's an instant attraction on both sides, and from the way things were playing out, and s
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Now this, ladies and gentlemen is one heck of a book! I wasn't even half way through and I sent it down to write to the author asking for the second book!

What I loved most about this story is the plot. It's HOTT! It's puts the A in WESOME. It's everything I wanted in a plot. Fast-paced, action-packed and loaded with secrets! I enjoyed that the move moved with every chapter. The reader is entranced from start to finish in every way possible. I just can't believe how I could have missed the book!
Kay
Jun 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Can't wait to read this... only 0.77 in kindle store now. :)

This book centers around a young girl, Adria, and her sister, Alex, stumbling across a werewolf fight.

Then they move town, due to child services involvement and meet even more werewolves. What I found annoying about this book is how stupid Adria is not to realise extremely obvious things going on around her. (view spoiler)

• Outsider (Outsider, #1)
  • Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #1)
  • Hidden (Hidden Trilogy, #1)
  • Time Mends (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #2)
  • Moon Spell (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #1)
  • Independence (Significance, #4)
  • Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1)
  • Accordance (Significance, #2)
  • Hope(less) (Judgement of the Six, #1)
  • Once in a Full Moon (Full Moon, #1)
  • Fate Succumbs (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #3)
  • Shy (Once Bitten, Twice Shy, #2)
  • The Beginning (White Lilies, #1)
  • Defiance (Significance, #3)
  • Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1)
  • Undeniably Chosen (Significance, #5)
  • Shift (The Neturu Chronicles #1)
  • Reverence (Significance, #3.5)
  • Bitten (Once Bitten, Twice Shy, #1)
  • Arrowed (Arrowed, #1)
  • Isle of Night (The Watchers, #1)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness Before Dawn #1)
  • Saving Angel (Divisa, #1) and Including Losing Emma Novella[ Divisa 0.5]
  • Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1)
  • Significance (Significance, #1)
  • The Raven & the Werewolf: Instruments of Mortals
  • Devour (Devoured, #1)
  • Matefinder (Matefinder, #1)
  • Out of the Dark (The Grey Wolves, #4)
  • A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1)
J.A. (Jessica) Redmerski is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, international bestseller, and award winner, who juggles several different genres. She began self-publishing in 2012, and later with the success of THE EDGE OF NEVER, signed on with Grand Central Publishing/Forever Romance. Her works have been translated into more than twenty languages.

Jessica is a hybrid

The Darkwoods Trilogy (3 books)
  • Kindred (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #2)
  • The Ballad of Aramei (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #3)
“Time is cruel like life. It slows down so that you can truly experience the worst moments of it. Only if you make it through them do you get to say ‘It all happened so fast.” 49 likes
“I tried to will them with my super mental powers so he’d put them around my waist, but apparently I had no super mental powers.” 19 likes