Start by marking “Love on the Run (Nola O'Grady, #4)” as Want to Read:
Love on the Run (Nola O'Grady, #4)

Love on the Run

(Nola O'Grady #4)

Nola O’Grady is sick and tired of psychic squid-images following her everywhere, waving their tentacles and generally making nuisances of themselves. She and her partner, Ari Nathan, have a dangerous job on their hands, hunting down two criminals who have escaped into another level of the multiverse, the San Francisco of Terra Six.

Terrorists have turned parts of that city
Published August 7th 2012 by DAW

To ask other readers questions about Love on the Run, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love on the Run

Claire
Sep 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, urban-fantasy
I put off reading this for ages as it seems like this will be the last conventionally published book in the series. Shame on you traditional urban fantasy readers - I can't believe you prefer tramp stamps and vampires to this witty and mature series. The humour is dry, the characters are addictive, the book is pacy and beautifully plotted.
Deborah Ross
Aug 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Love on the Run is the fourth Nola O'Grady adventure and, as they say, the plot thickens. From the first, these books have stood in my mind above the usual urban fantasy by the complexity of the world building. Nola is a paranormal investigator for the Apocalyse Squad, a branch of a super-secret agency; her sweetheart, Israeli Interpol agent Ari, is by no means mundane, and her large extended family is variously gifted and not always on the right side of the law on this and several other Earths. ...more
Sandra
Nov 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Somewhat disappointing. I really enjoyed the first 3 books in this series with each one having its own discrete mystery/storyline to solve as well as adding layers to the complex world building and overarching story. Unfortunately this book fell short on the individual story and felt like something of a filler. We have the whole story supposedly about catching the Axeman who escaped at the end of the previous novel but this is not enough of a storyline for a the stand alone part of the book, and ...more
Megan
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better and better! In the 4th installment of the Nola O'Grady books, Nola is yet again fighting back against the forces of Chaos and those who would harm her family.

Here is my unapologetic disclaimer: I love Katharine Kerr's works. At least everything that I've read, anyway. I don't think I've ever been disappointed. There, I've said it. Maybe I'm biased, but I really LOVE this series. I can't get enough of Nola and Ari! It's a fun adventure with a lot of serious thought-pr
Magnolia
From Magnolia Reviews: Three Petals

While I still enjoyed the intricacy of the setting and the overall creativity of the book, it started to feel heavy in this story. I also had issues with Nola's personality, but I still liked this book so I will recommend it.

Read the full review on Maggie's website: http://magnoliareviews.weebly.com/rev...
Jenni Ebba
Apr 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I didn't think this one was the best out of the series, but it is indeed a nice addition. I thought Nola O'Grady shows her growth as a character in this installation. She is no longer denying that she has a painful disorder, nor does she shy away from it. Ari Nathan also shows his strengths have grown as Nola's partner (romantic and professional). That being said I thought the plot was kick butt.
Nola and Ari do quite a bit of traveling between the dimensions in this novel; hunting down the dread
Jackie
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kerr always writes great characters. Nola O'Grady and her family are wonderful, complex characters that you want to learn more about. At least I do ... I read the rest of the series earlier and was waiting for the library to get this one. Unfortunately, DAW dropped this series, so writing the next installment is probably not high on Kerr's list. Worth reading if you enjoy mystery or urban fantasy - or Katharine Kerr. Keeping my fingers crossed that the series is picked up soon by a publisher!
Dhfan4life
Best parts were the ones relating to the main character's family drama. The deviant world levels and her job and life with her partner was just too all over the place for me in this series. Very confusing and kind of glad I'm through with it as well. Definitely a big time recommendation for those that love and live for sci-fi reads in a big way.
Redqueen
Sep 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another urban fantasy set in San Francisco - set in several San Franciscos in fact. Parallel worlds/multiverse stories have always fascinated me, and while this has far fewer swords than Moorcock, the characters are vivid and the adventures kept me up far later than I planned to read.
Sera Lewis
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fun, and far fewer annoying abbreviations. Sad that there are no more of these out yet.
Gillian
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
This series just keeps getting better and better! I really enjoyed Love on the Run and look forward to Nola's next adventures
thistle
Any word on #5? There's a break in the publication pattern set up so far (Feb + Aug 2011, Feb + Aug 2012), and this one leaves some open questions.
Shona
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I love this series. I really hope there will eventually be more.
Boneist
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this; things seem to be coming together nicely. I hope the next one is out soon!
Dr susan
Oct 15, 2012 rated it liked it
I wanted to like Love on the Run more but I had a hard time staying interested in the story. Maybe I will reread it when my life is less stressful.
Karin Granström
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Interesting theme, nicely complex characters, believable world-building and a nice touch of humor.
Aug 24, 2012 rated it really liked it

LOVED IT!!!!! So excited that the story continues. Can't wait for the next one in the series!!!!
Maryanne
Dec 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Where will the next squid turn up
Alicia
Dec 27, 2013 rated it liked it
This is not Katharine Kerr at her best. It's still pretty good, but the plot is getting more convoluted as the series goes along and it doesn't always seem like it's going anywhere.

• A Wolf at the Door (Jesse James Dawson, #3)
  • Inhuman Resources (OSI, #3)
  • Bitten (Bite, #2)
  • Dying Echo (Grim Reaper Mystery, #4)
  • Vampires Dead Ahead (Night Tracker, #5)
  • Dragon's Teeth
  • Doomsday Can Wait (Phoenix Chronicles, #2)
  • Dead Letter Day (Messenger #3)
  • Rogue Oracle (Oracle, #2)
  • Bring It On (Retrievers, #3)
  • Korval's Game (Liaden Universe #11,13)
  • Cry Mercy (Mercy Hollings #3)
  • Darkness Descending (Vampire Armageddon, #1)
  • Queen's Hunt (River of Souls, #2)
  • Damn Him to Hell (Saturn's Daughter, #2)
  • Dead Reign (Marla Mason, #3)
  • Left for Undead (Crimson Moon, #6)
Born in Ohio, 1944. Moved to San Francisco Bay Area in 1962 and has lived there ever since. Katharine Kerr has read extensively in the fields of classical archeology, and medieval and dark ages history and literature, and these influences are clear in her work. Her epic Deverry series has won widespread praise and millions of fans around the world.

Nola O'Grady (4 books)
  • License to Ensorcell (Nola O'Grady, #1)
  • Water to Burn (Nola O'Grady, #2)
  • Apocalypse to Go (Nola O'Grady, #3)