Start by marking “Banksy Myths and Legends: A Collection of the Unbelievable and the Incredible” as Want to Read:
Banksy Myths and Legends: A Collection of the Unbelievable and the Incredible

Banksy Myths and Legends: A Collection of the Unbelievable and the Incredible

No single living artist has created as many myths, rumours and legends as Banksy. In his home-town of Bristol almost everyone seems to have a Banksy story. Many of the tales in this book are from Bristol, some are from further a field. What they share is that they are all told with the wide eyed wonder which Banksy inspires. Collated between 2009 and 2011 some of these ...more
Published October 22nd 2011 by Carpet Bombing Culture (first published September 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Banksy Myths and Legends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Banksy Myths and Legends

Start your review of Banksy Myths and Legends: A Collection of the Unbelievable and the Incredible
Tassa DeSalada
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My husband bought this book for me as a souvenir from our trip to England for the Monty Python reunion. Having returned to a whirlwind life of our kids in America, I barely had time to place this book in a coveted 'books to be read' space on one of our bookshelves. Years later, my then seven year old daughter brought it to me to read to her as a sleepytime story. You can imagine my delight at this fantastic opportunity to share one of my favorite artists of all time with my ready and willing ...more
F
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, non-fiction
Jennifer Bacall
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
The book describes itself thus:
The truth
The whole truth
And everything but the truth

Part of the fun of the Banksy story is that there is as much myth as there is truth to it. No one, well at least very few people know the answers to the artist's identity some saying that there isn't even a single artist but a conglomeration of artists. This book plays with the notion that we don't know which parts of the Banksy story are true. Oftentimes to the extent that we don't even know for sure which pieces
Lizzie
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
I got this as a birthday present back in July and just got round to reading it. I quite liked it, but didn't get a huge amount from it. If you want a quick read, and I mean REALLY quick (twenty mins at most), this could be great for you. Passes the time!
Bill
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Funny, and probably captures a sense of what this guy is about. Best, a number of his works are pictured, although not in any way a compilation of his works. It certainly captures the sense of myth which follows him around.
Suzie
Jun 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
This is a pretty decent quite well printed very small book (size and price-wise) on Banksy. I would consider it a 'stocking stuffer.' It is not the book I'd recommend if you want a really substantial book on Banksy.
Caitlin
Jun 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Not a lot of meat on these bones. Some interesting photos and anecdotes, for sure! But you won't necessarily find many hard-hitting insights about the elusive artist.
Kerry.Mzw
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
It was probably the time this book was written, but recent discovery reveals that some information contained was opinion rather than factual, with certain level of bias.
b bb bbbb bbbbbbbb
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
A short, sorta-interesting read.
Greta
Sep 06, 2013 rated it liked it
charming little book that tells
"the truth
the whole truth
and everything but the truth"

very enjoyable, funny and entertaining
ciah
Aug 06, 2016 rated it liked it
interesting rumors and such. main reason for buying it, though, was to support the independent bookstore ...more
Sarah Street
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book is too tiny to do Banksy any justice. But, it makes for a good coffee table delight, I suppose.
Cara Ellison
Mar 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: art
The book - really more of a pamphlet - is good but extremely short. It is a tiny pocket sized book with maybe 500 words in all. I am not tickled to have spent $10 on basically a blog post.
Bdomo28
Mar 05, 2018 rated it liked it
What can I say, I'm in love with Banksy. I am obsessed with art books. This is not one of those however. This was a collection of legends and rumors of the mysterious Banksy. Wasn't expecting much given its pocket size, but could be a rather interestinf coffee table piece.
Lynn
Dec 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
banksy is overrated
Mckinley
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction, art
Shows his work; and describes myths about the artist. Wanted to look at his work again after seeing "Exit through the Gift Shop" which is brilliant (as Brits say).

See: Wall and Piece by Banksy
Mary Mav
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.75/Picked it up at random at Brusselles because I need material for an Art History paper in Erasmus. I study the artist on my own since I was 14 so I was glad i read a book about his work, almost two years after reading Planet Banksy. For fans of graffiti or just people who have a sense of irony in their humour or they opose to modern society this is a book for yoou

• I hope this reaches her in time
  • Imagine: How Creativity Works
  • The Win Without Pitching Manifesto
  • Mercedes Ice: An Urban Fairy Story For Modern Children
  • Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3)
  • The Magic of Thinking Big
  • Damned Spot- Audible
  • The Dark Tourist
  • Unheard: The Story of Anna Winslow
  • Ghosthunter
  • Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five, #2)
  • Zodiac