Start by marking “What We French Think of You British - and Where You Are Going Wrong” as Want to Read:
What We French Think of You British - and Where You Are Going Wrong

What We French Think of You British - and Where You Are Going Wrong

Published July 1st 2011 by New Holland Australia(AU)

Be the first to ask a question about What We French Think of You British - and Where You Are Going Wrong

Start your review of What We French Think of You British - and Where You Are Going Wrong
Mark Rice
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
One of the funniest things I've ever read. I laughed all the way through; not just giggles either, but very-nearly-wetting-the-pants laughter. Marcel Lucont's humorous observations are delivered with typical French panache. What makes them especially funny is that they're true. Lucont points an accusatory finger at preposterous British pastimes and shines a light on inexplicable idiosyncrasies of British 'culture', never missing a chance to point out how the French way makes much more sense.

Inc
Tim Roast
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Marcel Lucont is a stand-up comedian, a character created by Alexis Dubus. You can see some of his stuff on YouTube and it gives you an idea of what to expect inside this book. (In fact I noticed a lot of his stand-up routines made their way into the book.)

In the book Marcel looks at the British from the viewpoint of the Frenchman that he is and he sees us and recognises that a lot of what we do is... well, ridiculous. This book allows him to point out to us just how ridiculous we are before he
Brian Robertson
Feb 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humour
This is a very funny book. I enjoyed it immensely. We Scots rather enjoy jokes at the expense of the English. His book title is British but when you read it you realise he is speaking about the English. I loved his comment on English burlesque 'It is now just vulgar stripping. Just because you have something sparkly hanging from your tits it does not make it art'!
Brian
Alex Puiu
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
The main issue with Lucont's book is that it lacks depth. But it is funny-ish nonetheless. Can't say I laughed all the way through but it made me giggle every now and then. The slightly observational, fearless and incisive nature of the book is accompanied by the typical French panache. ...more

• The Day Jesus Rode Into Croydon
  • Identity Crisis
  • Two Brothers
  • Agincourt
  • War of the Wolf (The Saxon Stories, #11)
  • Mid-life Cyclists
  • Past Mortem
  • White Crow
  • The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon, #3)
  • The Alchemist's Secret (Ben Hope #1)
  • The Flame Bearer (The Saxon Stories, #10)
  • Warriors of the Storm (The Saxon Stories, #9)
  • The Hot Zone: The Terrifying True Story of the Origins of the Ebola Virus