Start by marking “A Dilli-Mumbai Story ...when Love Won Over Terror” as Want to Read:
A Dilli-Mumbai Story ...when Love Won Over Terror

A Dilli-Mumbai Story ...when Love Won Over Terror

2008 - the year in which the world became poorer and India less safer, there was a couple passionately in love. Aniruddh and Apu.

"My Ducati and my 6' 1" height was enough to impress or intimidate most people. I didn't want to bring my IQ in on top of that." - Aniruddh.

Not a word more. I am Aparajita... remember? The unbeatable." - Apu

"If you were to stay forever in the way

To ask other readers questions about A Dilli-Mumbai Story ...when Love Won Over Terror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dilli-Mumbai Story ...when Love Won Over Terror

Start your review of A Dilli-Mumbai Story ...when Love Won Over Terror
Avanthika
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Can you imagine a point in your life where a person for whom you left your parents & pleasure is struck in a hotel taken over by terrorists, bullets & bombs ?!
On a pleasant November night, when India was going to sleep, Anirudh's love for his Pregnant wife Aparajitha met with a terrifying enemy who marched into the streets of Mumbai killing hundreds. Set in the backdrop of 26/11 (Mumbai Attack), this book penetrates deep into the mind of the readers and orients them with the story line. Racy, g
Shyam Sundar
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of the best I have ever read. The book has a complete mixture of love and emotions which will make you laugh and even cry sometimes. Once you start reading it, you just can’t put it down until the end.

The best thing about this novel is the transitions . they have been managed well . Apu ♥ & Ani ♥ ! The book was not too filmy or didn't have a triangular love stories . :P The kolhapuri chappals & The beige color nail polish ♥ i wouldn't forget that easily . The wedding vow pa
Jayakarthigayan Sridharan
Nov 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a book i read in a train journey. I felt a little heavy hearted at the end of the book. This is based on the mumbai terror attack and it helps us to imagine what really could have happened inside the Taj hotel. Over all a good book and very good narration.
Sundeep Supertramp
Dec 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites
One more touching tale from a Indian author..

I always liked reading novels by Indians.. The tagline, "when love won over terror", is what tempted me in reading this book..

As the name says, 'dilli-mumbai love story', and from the cover design, we can say it has something to do with 26/11. The best part of the book, about 80% of book is just about Aniruddh's, the hero, love story. How they met eachother, how they fought, how they got together again and the life after that.. Till, Apu, the heroine
Anand
Apr 28, 2012 rated it liked it
I purchased this only because I was specifically looking to read a contemporary Indian author, whatever the genre be. And it turned out to be a nice read. The plot itself was not very gripping, but the author's narrative is fairly sophisticated, and the prose flows smoothly. Some Indian authors lack the command needed over the English language to write prose, what with incorrect syntax and wrong verbiage. This novel did not disappoint on those counts. The story I have to say is slightly Bollywoo ...more
Mitali
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
oh, the end. that was one unnecessary death. but well... that's how people die and esp those who aren't supposed to.
Anik De
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
A nice screenplay adaptation to book format for young adults. Contains the similar story of how somewhat "loser" average boy falls in love with best looking, all nice girl. Gets to friendship and then love after much try (errr). Then marriage happens and tragedy occurs with 7-11 Mumbai attacks converging the story climax. The literary nerds don't do it and people who need to go beyond curriculum , take it as fun pass time or start with book reading. Good achieved what it went for.
In Bollywood t
Bhuvan
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
it was a normal indian novel. nothing surprised me, was boring often.
Deepak Garg
Dec 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
One of the better love stories I have read in recent times.
Priscilla Asir
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written!!

Keeps you gripped till the last page !!

Amazing love story
Kiran Kumili
Oct 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Another new author to India Writers Bandwagon from the IIT/IIM Club.

The story starts with the flashback of The Taj Mahal Hotel terrorist attack in Mumbai and ends with the narration of the love story, in the same hotel. It’s all about two passionate lovers, who were well-educated with two different family backgrounds and cultures falling in love and getting married against the wishes of the boy’s family but end up in a tragic climax wherein the boy loses his life in order to save his wife from
Sujit Bhattacharjee
Apr 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We all sympathise, whenever a terrorist attack or any natural calamity happens, for a few minutes and then carry with our own work.

How does the family feel at that time? What goes through an individual during that time? We won't know unless we are in the situation. It may be easy to say that we know how you had felt. Truth is; not possible to feel.

What starts as a casual love story turns into a rebellious one for the protoganists. A boy leaving his comfort zone for his true love and creating the
Geo Raju
So this is old stuff....a rich guy and a not so rich girl falls in love.....girl's family agrees to the relation but guy's family is reluctant to their relation....so the guy leaves the home and marries the girl with blessings of girl's family and some friends and ofcourse lad's sister is also there.so they leads a happy life but one day the lad finds out his wife is meeting his mother without his knowledge.the guy looses his temper and leaves the house (only for that night).when he came back ne ...more
Nikhil Talwar
Oct 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
The story has a complete mixture of love and emotions which will make you laugh and even cry sometimes. You can't put it down until you finishes it. This book penetrates deep into the mind of the readers and orients them with the story line. Racy, gripping page-turner.
The climax - if it don't bring a drop of tear in your eyes , you not human ! why abimanyu jha ? why ? why did you think of such an ending?
Lalitha Kandasamy
Dec 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
The work by Abhimanyu Jha is great.
The story mainly revolves around the hero Ani and heroine Apu.
The fear of losing a dear one, brings all the agony and that is elucidated in this novel.
The love blossoms between Apu and Ani.
Ani loves biking and Apu hates it (as-always-gals-care-too-much type) :-P
Ani likes Gill uncle so much and it is Gill's love story that inspired Ani to fall in love.
His parents are against his wish for love cos' Apu is a Christian. But, they get married and
love each other so
PJ
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
It was in late 2011 when I received the book with Abhimanyu's signature in it, that make me bit excited to have such original autographed paperback. thank you.

Let's move to the story inside. It is recited really fabulously, i just feel myself there in Taj, each and every details of terror in 26/11 make me feel like a camera person in live coverage.

Though, love-buds feel grief in the last chapter.
Abishek_06
May 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good Love Story Worth Reading.
The way love portrayed between Ani and Apu is Good.
Their Marriage promise oh God I wish every couple should make a promise like that.
One sentence still brings some kind of haunting in me when Uncle Gill said "The old misses the young
than the, young misses the old". The same way my mom and dad use to miss me
but never expressed :(. Over all worth reading this book.

Pankaj Pandey
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
That's a kind of story which initially starts with a slow pace and ends up in a hurry... The final part of the story where the saviour becomes the victim and the victim is rescued is a kind of plot that is little unbelievable...
Overall good try by the debutant and good choice of the story but could have been better.
Harry b nair
Mar 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
When "WAQT" meets "ROJA" its this novel.Nothing special about this novel.It's a on boy- one girl true love which I liked, and no cheating on partners.True love story, but heard and read quite often.Good one, but could have been better.
Anand Iyer
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very good book
This is not an usual teen love story which revolves around flirting,being in love,boozing,love making,numerous break ups and patch ups
Its about real love about 2 peoples and how they are living their life happily and how they overcome a dangerous situation
Worth Read for all
Raunak Ritesh
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Raunak by: Shweta Shrinivas
Keep aside the death part.....I liked the humor pretty much....couldn't resist smiling at every page
Shashank Katakwar
Aug 06, 2012 rated it liked it
good for some lite reading...
finished it in 2 hours
Abhinand
Feb 16, 2013 rated it liked it
one of the good story i have read. it is a cliched story with modern words and attached a terrorism in it. a light read book.
Alekhya Das
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
One of those romantic books I really loved to read.
Soni Kadimicherla
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Whatever might happen in the journey ,the end matters !!
Piyush Bisani
Aug 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
The ending doesn't justifies the title,"When love won over terror"...
Rajesh Mani

• Five Point Someone: What Not to Do at IIT
  • The 3 Mistakes of My Life
  • Revolution 2020: Love, Corruption, Ambition
  • Can Love Happen Twice?
  • She Broke Up, I Didn’t! .... I just kissed someone else!
  • I Too Had a Love Story
  • The Immortals of Meluha (Shiva Trilogy, #1)
  • The Secret of the Nagas (Shiva Trilogy #2)
  • The Oath of the Vayuputras (Shiva Trilogy, #3)
  • Few Things Left Unsaid
  • Your Dreams Are Mine Now
  • The Girl in Room 105
  • One Indian Girl
  • Now That You're Rich . . . Let's Fall In Love
Abhimanyu Jha (www.abhimanyujha.com) is the writer of a recent bestselling novella ‘A Dilli-Mumbai Love Story, a romantic thriller set against the backdrop of 2008 Financial Crisis and Mumbai Terror attacks.

His second novel www.marryAghost.com (MarryAGhost.com Site), a romantic ghost thriller will be out in July 2014.

Abhimanyu is also an edu/techpreneur and one of the co-founders and Chief Market