kari’s review of The Giver (The Giver, #1) > Likes and Comments

30 likes · 
Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~Tina~ (new)

~Tina~ Great review! This was a fantastic book. It may be small but powerful!


message 2: by kari (new)

kari I really wish I could say more about it, but I don't want to give any of the plot away. There is so much in it and leaves you really thinking about life, etc.


message 3: by Madelyn (new)

Madelyn Totally agree.Can't wait to read the next book.


Flora (Ludacris) ♥ I heard it's boring. Anyway... I like the book. Was for my drama. So... kinda force to read. *Sigh...


message 5: by kari (last edited Jul 11, 2012 07:32AM) (new)

kari Flora wrote: "I heard it's boring. Anyway... I like the book. Was for my drama. So... kinda force to read. *Sigh..."

The second book didn't feel any real connection to this one and didn't really feel like a complete story.


Flora (Ludacris) ♥ kari wrote: "Flora wrote: "I heard it's boring. Anyway... I like the book. Was for my drama. So... kinda force to read. *Sigh..."

The second book didn't feel any real connection to this one and didn't really f..."


Do you find the second book predictable?


message 7: by kari (new)

kari Flora wrote: "kari wrote: "Flora wrote: "I heard it's boring. Anyway... I like the book. Was for my drama. So... kinda force to read. *Sigh..."

The second book didn't feel any real connection to this one and di..."


I think so. It didn't feel much connected to the first book. Maybe if I read the third one, I'd see the connection? Don't know.


message 8: by Mohamed (new)

Mohamed Reminds me of the Anthem by Ayn Rand... And the search for individuality..


message 9: by kari (new)

kari Mohamed wrote: "Reminds me of the Anthem by Ayn Rand... And the search for individuality.."

That's a good take on it. I'm interested in what the movie will do with it.


message 10: by Emmyisdabae (new)

Emmyisdabae this book was flat out terrible


message 11: by kari (new)

kari Emmyisdabae wrote: "this book was flat out terrible"

It is definitely different. I can see your point of view, it is one you'll either love or hate. Better luck with your next read. Thanks for the comment.


Spider the Doof Warrior This book wasn't terrible, but the last book...? GUH!


message 13: by Emmyisdabae (new)

Emmyisdabae ok...


back to top