Taryn’s review of Slammed (Slammed, #1) > Likes and Comments

745 likes · 
Comments (showing 1-50 of 158) (158 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Very good start, but worse at the end :(


message 2: by Ally (new)

Ally I loved this book - beautiful story. Did raise a few moral issues with me however. On occassions I did want to scream at the characters as I struggled to accept their behaviour! Point of retreat is even better in my opinion. Enjoy!


Akanksha❤ Søren♰ <3 Its a beautiful emotional ride


message 4: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Ahhh shit, you guys are making me nervous. I know nothing about this book. Does someone die? Am I going to cry? Give me something!


message 5: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Amy wrote: "Yes you will cry! I BAWLED reading the 2nd book"

FML. Does someone die???


message 6: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Dead parets. Student/teacher 'relationship', very ya. Kinda cute book, very hot hero though...annoying heroine. Hope you'll like it better then i. I Don't really see what all the fuzz is about :(


message 7: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Oh wow. Thanks Natalie!


message 8: by Ally (new)

Ally There is a lead up to a death but it is handled well by the author. I wouldn't have read it if I knew in advance about the teacher/pupil thing as that makes me feel very uncomfortable considering my own profession but I must admit it was a fantastic read and will leave you feeling happy at the end. Enjoy


message 9: by Jill (new)

Jill One of my favorite books!! I loved it! The sequel is just as good!


Akanksha❤ Søren♰ I sobbed the most in these two books than I have ever have in any other (except pushing the limits, I was depressed after that)
Read this and the next one back-to-back


message 11: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Perfectly said, Taryn. I have this book on my "up next" list.


Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ if u loved this one, Taryn...just wait for the next one! sooooo good!


Kellie Maddox-Ward I loved this book! I'm not much of a poetry person but the slams were AWESOME!


message 14: by Taryn (last edited Oct 08, 2012 12:00PM) (new)

Taryn I can't even form the words for a review on this one. I read this and Point of Retreat back to back. I AM A MESS!

I have a review I want to do...I just need to learn to do it the right way...:)


message 15: by Erica (new)

Erica E it's so beautifully written. It's actually one of my favorite books this year. It is a sad story but you just can't help reading it. I loved all the poetry it had, it was so full of emotions. Read the 2nd one!! it's just as good.


message 16: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Erica wrote: "it's so beautifully written. It's actually one of my favorite books this year. It is a sad story but you just can't help reading it. I loved all the poetry it had, it was so full of emotions. Read ..."

It's definitely an all time fav now, Erica. And you're right, it's written beautifully with tons of emotions and an extremely realistic storyline. I don't think I've ever experienced emotions like this until now...or at least a mixture of them at the same time. Gah...


message 17: by Erica (new)

Erica E Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Erica wrote: "it's so beautifully written. It's actually one of my favorite books this year. It is a sad story but you just can't help reading it. I loved all the poetry it had, it was so full of e..."

I felt the same way. Still do. I read this months ago and I still feel all the emotions. That's what a great authors does.


message 18: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Erica wrote: "Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Erica wrote: "it's so beautifully written. It's actually one of my favorite books this year. It is a sad story but you just can't help reading it. I loved all th..."

I completely agree!


message 19: by Aestas Book Blog (new)

Aestas Book Blog Wow Taryn - thats an AWESOME review!!


message 20: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Aestas Book Blog wrote: "Wow Taryn - thats an AWESOME review!!"

THANK YOU! It wasn't easy!


message 21: by Karla (new)

Karla Amazing Taryn...best review you've ever done...I am in awe!! FANTASTIC!! Talk about relaying the feel of the book! I'd say mission accomplished.


Alexis *Reality Bites* AWESOME! LOVE LOVE LOVE your review Taryn!!!


message 23: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Espinoza Best Slammed review EVER!!


Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover Reviews  ❤️ WOW!! Fantastic review Taryn!!


message 25: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Karla wrote: "Amazing Taryn...best review you've ever done...I am in awe!! FANTASTIC!! Talk about relaying the feel of the book! I'd say mission accomplished."

Thanks so much, Karla!! xoxo


message 26: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Alexis wrote: "AWESOME! LOVE LOVE LOVE your review Taryn!!!"

Thanks, Alexis!


message 27: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Rebecca wrote: "Best Slammed review EVER!!"

Wow! What a compliment! Thank you!


message 28: by Taryn (last edited Oct 10, 2012 04:10PM) (new)

Taryn Dorsey wrote: "WOW!! Fantastic review Taryn!!"

Thanks, Dorsey!! :)


message 29: by Charles (new)

Charles Sheehan-Miles Loved this review!


message 30: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty Oh I don't even think words can day how much I loved your review. You couldn't have summed it up more perfectly!


Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ LOL Taryn....love the poetry slam review!!


message 32: by Amy (new)

Amy nicely done....


message 33: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Charles wrote: "Loved this review!"

Kirsty wrote: "Oh I don't even think words can day how much I loved your review. You couldn't have summed it up more perfectly!"

♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "LOL Taryn....love the poetry slam review!!"

Gosh guys, THANK YOU SO MUCH!


message 34: by Jill (new)

Jill SWEET! You should write all of your reviews in Slam Poetry ;-)


message 35: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Amy wrote: "nicely done...."

Thank you!


message 36: by Taryn (last edited Oct 10, 2012 06:06PM) (new)

Taryn Jill wrote: "SWEET! You should write all of your reviews in Slam Poetry ;-)"

That would be something to do!!! This wasn't easy and I'm still not satisfied with a few parts but its still easier than a typical review.


Spoiler Whore of Pettysburg Well look at you and your SLAM DUNK of a review! Awesome but still hesitant on reading it. You know me, I'd be a mess.


message 38: by Liz (new)

Liz Tarryn, I am speechless!!! This is a SPECTACULAR review!! Gosh, how long did this take you... what pure talent!!!


message 39: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Ward Amazing review!


message 40: by Taryn (last edited Oct 10, 2012 07:57PM) (new)

Taryn Spoiler Whore drops the F bomb wrote: "Well look at you and your SLAM DUNK of a review! Awesome but still hesitant on reading it. You know me, I'd be a mess."

I totally SLAMMED my review, huh? Haha


message 41: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Liz wrote: "Tarryn, I am speechless!!! This is a SPECTACULAR review!! Gosh, how long did this take you... what pure talent!!!"

Thank you so much, Liz!! It took me just a few hours to do. I'm still not satisfied with it so I want to go back and change a few things.


message 42: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela Best review ever and totally made the book justice! Awesome review Taryn ! One of my favorite books of all time (:


message 43: by Drita (new)

Drita WOW...Great review, you should do Slam more often!!!


message 44: by Colleen (new)

Colleen Hoover I agree. Amazing, amazing review. Thank you sooo much. Taryn, will you email me your address? This review deserves some signed copies for you. colleenhoover@live.com


message 45: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Cruz OH.MY.GOD. You just been Slammed by Colleen Hoover! You get a copy of her signed books! Can it be me too? I envy you but you really deserved it. Great review.


message 46: by Leanne (new)

Leanne Butterflying AWESOME review! Loved this!


Kellie Maddox-Ward Taryn this review is AMAZING! I loved your Slam! Well done! Best one I've seen



message 48: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Gabriela wrote: "Best review ever and totally made the book justice! Awesome review Taryn ! One of my favorite books of all time (:"

Thank you, Gabriela! I hope I did it justice. :)


message 49: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Drita wrote: "WOW...Great review, you should do Slam more often!!!"

LOL Maybe one day! Thanks!


message 50: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Colleen wrote: "I agree. Amazing, amazing review. Thank you sooo much. Taryn, will you email me your address? This review deserves some signed copies for you. colleenhoover@live.com"

Awww! OMG thank you so much, Colleen! xoxo


« previous 1 3 4
back to top