Start by marking “Bell, Cook, and Candle (Angie Amalfi, #9)” as Want to Read:
Bell, Cook, and Candle (Angie Amalfi, #9)

Bell, Cook, and Candle

(Angie Amalfi #9)

Angie's newest culinary venture, "Comical Cakes" seems to be a roaring success! There's nothing fun, however, about her homicide detective boyfriend Paavo Smith's latest case. He's investigating baffling murders that may be rooted in satanic ritual. And when Angie is called upon to deliver a humorous confection the to mysterious owner of a decadent after-hours Goth club, t ...more
Published January 8th 2002 by Avon (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Bell, Cook, and Candle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bell, Cook, and Candle

Text Addict
Maybe I'd like this book better if I'd read any of the previous ones, but as it is, I'm not invested in Angie's frenetic personality nor in Paavo's morbid fear of commitment, and the book doesn't do enough to convince me to like them - especially since the beginning catches Angie at a less-than-flattering time, when she gets in a major tiff with her best friend due to her own obliviousness.

And then there's the CREEPY! SATANIST! SERIAL KILLER!!! AIEEEE!

... Well, no, not so much. You'd think the a
Deb Sharp
Mar 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another great book :)
Lane Buckner
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Humor and horror mixed

Joanne Pence brings characters alive with her human and the drama keeps you guessing until the very end.

Great fun!
Beth Revers
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mys-read
This is fairly far along int he series and it is very well done, with touches of the macabre, and almost a hint of paranormal. I think it has elements of cozy in it, but there is a bit too much violence and present gore to really qualify. It is one of those books hard to pigeonhole. I did enjoy it very much though.
Linda
Jul 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: challenge
I didn't really care for the beginning of this book but the end helped make up for it. Once again I thought Pence was going for a weird subject (although I realize vampires are in) to use for an Angie story. I really did enjoy the ending of this book and look forward to seeing what the next one holds.
Laura Reading
Sep 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
I am not finding the main character, Angie Amalfi to be very likeable.
I feel sorry for her soon to be fiance and she does not treat anyone she deals with well. How she has such loyal friends is the real mystery.

This is a bit dark for a cozy mystery but there were some interesting plot twists. The story was OK enough that I did read a further book in this series.
Georgiann Hennelly
Jan 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
For once Angie Amalfi,s newest business venture seemed to be a success . But her boyfriend is investigating a series of baffling murders that may be rooted in satanic ritual. And when Angie gets an order for a cake from the goth clubs mysterious owner . she suddenly finds herself up to her neck in the demonic business.
Jess
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Angie continually struggles with finding direction in life, especially direction that utilizes her considerable culinary skills. Comical Cakes combines her talents with her personality, bringing customers and praise along with difficulties in balancing her personal with her professional life.

Mary Ann
Aug 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
Angie is finally getting her business on good footing, but it has come at a price. Can she continue this way or will things have to change.
Sandra M Garza
Sep 22, 2017
Pat
Feb 25, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Death al Dente (Gourmet Detective Mystery, Book 4)
  • A Catered Birthday Party (A Mystery with Recipes, #6)
  • Between a Wok and a Hard Place (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #5)
  • The Cooking School Murders (Eugenia Potter, #1)
  • The Chocolate Castle Clue (A Chocoholic Mystery, #11)
  • Holy Guacamole! (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #6)
  • Death, Taxes, and Hot-Pink Leg Warmers (Tara Holloway, #5)
Joanne Pence is a USA Today best-selling and award winning author of two mystery series, contemporary and historical romance, fantasy and thrillers. She is the author of the Angie Amalfi culinary mystery series, which is still in print after twenty years, and now has 15 books (the latest, COOKING SPIRITS was an April 2013 release), and a novella (Cook's Christmas Capers, Dec. 2013). She has just b ...more

Angie Amalfi (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Something's Cooking (Angie Amalfi, #1)
  • Too Many Cooks (Angie Amalfi, #2)
  • Cooking Up Trouble (Angie Amalfi, #3)
  • Cooking Most Deadly (Angie Amalfi, #4)
  • Cook's Night Out (Angie Amalfi, #5)
  • Cooks Overboard (Angie Amalfi, #6)
  • A Cook in Time (Angie Amalfi, #7)
  • To Catch a Cook (Angie Amalfi, #8)
  • If Cooks Could Kill (Angie Amalfi, #10)
  • Two Cooks A-Killing (Angie Amalfi, #11)