Start by marking “The Great Big Enormous Book of Tashi (Tashi, #1-16)” as Want to Read:
The Great Big Enormous Book of Tashi (Tashi, #1-16)

The Great Big Enormous Book of Tashi

(Tashi #1-16)

Tashi comes from a place very far away. He escaped from a war lord and flew to this country on the back of a swan. He's as brave as he's clever, and he tells the best stories ever! Giants, ghosts, withches ... Bandits, demons, monsters ... Tashi is always ready for anything. This book contains 32 of his dare-devil adventures!
Published 2010 by Allen & Unwin

To ask other readers questions about The Great Big Enormous Book of Tashi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Great Big Enormous Book of Tashi

Thomas
Jul 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A giant book but a quick read as there are lots of wonderful illustrations. A rich and varied vocabulary. These stories are clever, cute and very funny. Tashi has wonderful adventures in my imagination I would like to be Tashi and eat his ghost pies!
Caroline Eising
Feb 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017, didn-t-finish
Someone bought this for me as a gift, because the salesperson told her it was the next big thing in children's fiction that adults would also enjoy, like Harry Potter. Unfortunately she was misled. This book is aimed at far to early an audience to maintain the attention of an adult. It also has some aspects that I found uncomfortable - I didn't like the jokey use of Asian names ('Luk Ahead'), and I didn't like the many obvious borrowings of other folklore (eg Baba Yaga) as it wasn't used cleverl ...more
✨ Chloe Maay ✨
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I picked this book up 9 months ago and I’m DNFing it today about 3/4 of the way through. Im just not really in the mood for a children’s book right now, but I do have high opinions of this book.

I read the Tashi stories when I was in primary school so it was great to pick up the entire collection in one book. I can see why I loved these books as a child. They’re unique and mystical and quirky and funny.

I love the Tashi stories and I think this will be a great book to pass on one day.

⭐⭐⭐
Young
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it
My two children, ages 4 and 6, loved this book. It had enough adventure and thrill to keep them on the edge of their seats. The language and manners of the characters got a bit too unruly for my taste toward the last half of the book. And the stories seemed to deteriorate a bit going toward the end. It was fun while it lasted, but it won't stay on our shelf as an all time favorite.
Naomi
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My kids love this book. They still enjoy me reading it to them.
Angus Bullen
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It was so cool you should read it.
Piper
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I reminder hiring this book out from the library at school every fortnight. Brings back so many memories
Anjali Williams
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
My rating for these stories would be 3 stars, but since I'm not the target audience, I'm going with my daughter's higher 4.5 rating. We read this 988 page collection of Tashi stories over the course of a year, when she was 7-8 years old. She thought they were "awesome" and found them immensely amusing. We would have finished them more quickly if I had enjoyed them as much as she did! It's too bad you can't find these stories published on their own, since they are perfect for kids to read to them ...more
Arun
Nov 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Great read aloud chapter book for 4 to 8 year olds. Suited both our daughter and son who have diametrically opposed personalities.

Anna Fienberg borrows from classic historical tales in weaving together Tashi's adventures. The stories are a great size (and sold as separate books), with low violence and an interesting main character in Tashi.

My only criticism is the form. Fienberg places Tashi in a modern australian setting and then he relates his stories to his new buddy Jack. I can see why she
Oct 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
There is lots to recommend with this book. It is HUGE number #1 but has very few words. It is a collection of 7 nooks in 1. It has many pictures and pretty simple text, lots of dialogue. So will be satisfying for emergent readers who are ready to get past the easy reader’s and want a big book that is not too hard. It is also good for those wanting fun adventure, and humor but nothing too mature. The stories are kind fables/folk tale style but not Grimm’s level intense. I also think this would ma ...more
Nicole
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
Tashi appeals to children and adults alike. Invisible friends always bring a sense of magic and excitement, and I love the way Tashi's family are increasingly caught up in the creativity. I have read this to children from 3 to 11 years of age, and all have been quickly engaged.
Fienberg's writing is descriptive and full of imagery. In the classroom, the Tashi stories have application in teaching description, similes and metaphors, and general writing skills. In addition it can provide inspiratio
Sue
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
These stories are clever, cute and very funny. We had so much fun reading them together before bed and my 6 year old twins are very sad that there are no more Tashi stories to read... as am I. We also really loved the illistrations, some of them were so gorgeous.
Jane
Jul 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this aloud to my five year old daughter every night and she can't get enough of Tashi's adventures. The vocabulary in the book is rich and varied but easy to work out from the context. And lots of opportunity to 'do the voices'.
Meganjenk
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another great read aloud--my 5 and 7-year-old (and even 3 year old ) kept begging for more. Definitely fun enough to keep me interested as well! I love the dad!
Laetitia Marie Gaubert
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
First time I has ever read Tashi and really enjoyed it!!
Traci Escher
Jan 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: juvenile-fiction
I love this one for kids who have outgrown early readers but aren't quite ready for heavy text chapter books. It reminds me of My Father's Dragon and Catwings.
Angel Wang
Feb 06, 2018
Goobledybook
Apr 02, 2018
Lee
rated it did not like it
Oct 03, 2015
Ting Fei
Nov 26, 2018
Gayle
Oct 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Anna Fienberg grew up in a house filled with books. Her mother was a teacher librarian who relished stories as much as chocolates. 'On Sunday mornings we'd all lie in bed with our books, lost in magical wardrobes, witches’ spells, genies’ magic… What we were going to read next was just as important in our family as what was for lunch!' says Anna.

Anna started writing stories when she was eight, but

Tashi (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Tashi (Tashi, #1)
  • Tashi and the Giants (Tashi, #2)
  • Tashi and the Ghosts (Tashi, #3)
  • Tashi and the Genie (Tashi, #4)
  • Tashi and the Baba Yaga (Tashi, #5)
  • Tashi and the Demons (Tashi, #6)
  • Tashi and the Big Stinker (Tashi, #7)
  • Tashi and the Dancing Shoes (Tashi, #8)
  • Tashi and the Haunted House (Tashi, #9)
  • Tashi and the Royal Tomb (Tashi, #10)