Start by marking “The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)

The Darkest Seduction

(Lords of the Underworld #9)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  24,666 ratings  ·  1,255 reviews
At long last, New York Times bestselling author Gena Showalter unveils the story of Paris, the darkest and most tormented Lord of the Underworld.

Possessed by the demon of Promiscuity, immortal warrior Paris is irresistibly seductive — but his potent allure comes at a terrible price. Every night he must bed someone new, or weaken and die. And the woman he craves above all o
Mass Market Paperback, 504 pages
Published February 28th 2012 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about The Darkest Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Darkest Seduction

·  24,666 ratings  ·  1,255 reviews

Start your review of The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)
|3.8 stars|

This book was such a roller-coaster, there were good things and bad things, as well as things that shouldn’t have happened because what was the point?

As a couple Paris and Sienna were chaotic and they knew it. They were driven by the idea of them rather than they by themselves; something that I was glad it was there. Somethings were kinda obsessive and way too intense –something that didn’t bother me before in the series but with Paris and Sienna, well… it was crazy.

Sophia Triad
Paris: Demon of Promiscuity
Butterfly: on his lower back
His curse: SEX. He has to have it. He NEEDS to have it often, unless he wants to become weak and die. It does not matter if the sexual partner is male or female. It only matters that he will have her/him just one time. A second time is NOT allowed. Even if he does not feel like it, even if he is tired or sick, he must go hunting for sex every single day. Thankfully his fellow Lords are helping him and encourage him often.

Sienna Blackstone: K
Exina
Sept 29, 2014

Third re-read, still epic!

May 27, 2012
As for me, The Darkest Seduction is one of the best books of 2012.

The Darkest Seduction is filled with emotions, surprises and hope.

Paris and Sienna’s love is so heartwarming, the chemistry and intimacy between them is overwhelming. Sienna deserves Paris’ adoration and respect; and Sienna’s tolerance and devotion for him is a balm for Paris’ tortured soul. They are perfect for each other.

I was thrilled about the twists and turns. Stunning
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
3.5 for the story line only stars

I am going to keep this review short and to the point. So I don't remember why the first time I read this book I rated it 5 stars, but this time it was an underwhelming read. I didn't care for Paris. For the demon of Promiscuity his bedroom skills sucked(pun lol). I never really got on board with Paris and Sienna's relationship. I never got what draw the two of them had for the other. I liked them both okay individually, but didn't care for them as a couple.
Ren Puspita
More than 5 stars and Top Read 2012.

Another must read for Lords of The Underworld fans. And for you who dying to read Paris's story. Wonder if he finally find his ladylove that manage to make his hard twice, but then die and Cronus ressurect and make her Keeper of Wrath, Sienna Blackstone. And being faithful. Commitment and Paris. Two words that against each other.

Gena put S to SUPERB and this book is epic. With capital E. Once again she prove the reasons why she will always be my favorite autho
Jen Davis
Feb 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Let me start out by saying that I am a huge, huge fan of the Lords of the Underworld series. And like everyone else, I have been anxiously awaiting the story that would give poor Paris his HEA. This book gave me all the things I wanted –and even worked in some amazing surprises—but it didn’t quite live up to its potential for me.

The biggest problem is simply that the book is bloated. It's too long and stuffed with too much stuff. I was excited when I first saw how thick it was, but it was actual
Michelle
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
4 Over Loaded Stars!
This is the ninth book in The Lords of the Underworlds series. It's Paris and Siennas book.
Paris the keeper of Promiscuity demon has to have sex daily in order to not weaken and die. If Paris tries to have the same woman twice his demon shuts him down. If Paris denies himself sex his demon goes to extreme measures to get it. His demon lets off a scent that anything can't resist. His demon is not picky when it comes to sex either. He wants everyone! That is until Sienna the H
valee
Dec 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
While I really liked it, I wasn't crazy about it. It had mayor pros and cons against the previous installments.

Pros:
-The plot was better built. Everything finally came to an end. No more suspense, no more inclusiveness, for once everything ended just as it had to end. You just feel like every word you're reading will take you somewhere important eventually. Nothing was left in the loose with this read.. Which I'm glad because with some of the previous installments I felt like the author took so
Alex is The Romance Fox
I am a huge fan of this series and have been so looking forward to Paris,
 photo download201_zpsvkmw6bly.jpg

the keeper of promiscuity. I have liked him a lot in the previous books and when I finally read it….I was like…..
 photo tumblr_m326jeQPiT1qkc2v6o1_r1_500_zpsrckcyw0c.gif

DISAPPOINTED….DISAPPOINTED….DISAPPOINTED
Paris is like this whinging and whinnying guy!!!! On his quest to finding his soul mate, Sienna!!!!
Please forget her!!!! Find someone else!!! Please!!!!
But no, on he goes to, through and back to hell to get her back!!!!

If I hadn’t liked Sienna, the
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Dec 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own
Dinjolina
Sep 20, 2011 rated it liked it
If Sienna is not his chosen one I am going to scream my head off.
Not because I really care or don't care about her-I only care about the fact that this author made me go trough 7 books worth of Paris related angst.
If the author plops in a new heroine just for him it will mostly prove her to not be a very good writer. She can call it 'visions while writing the book that change EVERYTHING' but I call it lame.
Deborah Obida
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
“When dealing with people and their emotions, allowances must always be made.

Paris' book is everything I thought it would be and I love it, I discovered a lot of things in this book about Paris and I realized that just like the other Lords, I don't know him. There is so much more to him than his looks and demon, Paris loathe the person he is now, he thinks he is not good enough and hates using people for sex, he feels as if he is forcing them and that they don't actually want him but his dem
Azet
"The Darkest Seduction" is everything i expected and more.Its the 9:th instalment in the "Lords of the Underworld"-series and concludes the long-awaited battle between the Greeks,Titans and Hunters-and also shows how Paris the warrior keeper of Promiscuity does everything in his power to save Sienna from the evil clutches of King Cronus.This book may actually be by far my favourite one,it was filled up with pain,longing and passion.Reading Paris and Sienna`s story was like reading about the bitt ...more
Mimi Smith
Feb 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr

this book had a slow start for me, but it picked up on the way. Paris and Sienna's story started a while ago, so my expectations were high, and I liked it a lot. I even liked the slew of other stories and much is resolved here. If you want to see the major parts of the story, read on...

Mimi's DS shopping list

1. Paris and Sienna I had a problem with them at first, with their constant yearning for each other, after a few days' worth of quality time, most of it spent hating/lusting/try
Katie(babs)
Dec 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Gena brought her "A" game to this one. It's the best one in this series. I adored Paris and how he treats Sienna. Also one big storyline that has been current throughout is tied up.

I may have missed this but I don't understand why Paris can stay faithful to Sienna. His demon makes his body respond to other women because she needs sex, but why is Sienna so special? She also came into her own here and kicks some major demon booty.

And the loves scenes between Paris and Sienna are smoking hot to the
Melanie

Paris and Sienna's story has been a long time coming and while I've always been rather ambivalent towards the Keeper of Promiscuity, I was still interested in how Showalter would pull off a HEA for the Lord who needs one-night stands in order to survive. Now that I've read 'The Darkest Seduction' I can say that while I did (for the most part) like it, it wasn't (IMO at least) Showalter's best work.

What I liked:
1. I really like how Showalter gave us updates and insights into what's goin
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 4.5 "FINALLY IT'S PARIS' STORY" HEARTS!

This is, perhaps, the most highly anticipated story of the Lords of the Underworld, especially given the amount of time and angst invested into Paris’ story. It’s been a long time coming, and fortunately for fans, it does not dissatisfy. The Darkest Seduction is a crucial step-up from its predecessor in many ways – an excitement-fueled, sizzlingly seductive, darkly intense addition to Gena Showalter’s addictively readable paranormal LotU series.

Pa
Nicole
This was really a great addition to the Lords of the underworld series. To be honest, I wasn't all that excited about Paris's story. Maybe it was dragged out a bit to much, but it turned out to be really enjoyable. Sexy as always!

I couldn't decide who made a better Paris so let me know which one should make it to the Deliciously Sexy Book Boyfriends page.

To see the pictures and Vote on Paris go to
Μαρία Γεωργοπούλου
Δεύτερη ανάγνωση και το απόλαυσα ακόμα περισσότερο!!!
(Η κριτική που ακολουθεί είναι από την πρώτη φορά που το διάβασα και δε θα την αλλάξω)

***************************************

I can’t believe that I just read the story of Paris and Sienna!! Finally, “The Darkest Seduction” the ninth book in the Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter, is here and it’s one of the best so far! I have to say that I noticed some very good things in this book. The author has improve the world-building, the
Christina
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: demons, pnr
Anita
Mar 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
It took me awhile, but I managed to finish reading this book. First off, I lost interest in Paris and Sienna a long time ago and I spot read many of their scenes/dialogue. I began to wonder if the LOTU would sustain through the end, but after reading Sabin's story, I was skeptical. Then came along Gideon, Amun and Strider's stories. Very disappointing, but I had my answer.

I do love the Lords, but for me, this series has gotten too juvenile. These Lords are supposed to be THE BAD ASSES of the wo
Sammy Loves Books
I was afraid that after waiting for Paris' book for so long that I was gonna be disappointed with the final product. Well, I am happy to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this book. No, it wasn't perfect but it wasn't a disaster. So these are the things I loved about Paris' book:

1) I loved Sienna's character. Sienna had transformed from the mousey book worm hunter she was when we were introduced to her character, into a feisty warrior. We can thank Cronus for that transformation since he saddled her
Sofia
Jul 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Best Book Ever !!!!

We have all waited so much for Paris's story and finally here it is.The ninth book of The Lords Of The Underworld is finally out and waiting.
The Keeper of Promiscuity may have messed around for thousands of years but now has come the time to settle down.Literally.Paris finds Sienna and together they escape from the castle Cronus held her.Apparenty Sienna is a key to win the war between Galen,Cronus and the gorgeous Lords.He who has her is the winner.Guess who might that be??
Meret Magdi
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 stars❤
I have been patiently waiting for this book ever since Paris accidently killed Sienna..
That was in book 2!!!
For some reason, I expected more..
I think the wait made build high expectations for this one xD..
It was really good though..
Finally, Paris found his "Mine"❤
I can die in Peace now..
Ronda  Tutt
Jan 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant, Creative, and Mind Blowing!

Absolutely Fantastic! I mean just WOW! I know I can't say enough to tell everyone what a great series Gena Showalter has woven.  Paris story is astounding in the fact that this lord of sex who gives nothing but shattering pleasure to everyone he pleases finally finds his one true mate Sienna.  It is kind of sad he will no longer be our sexy playboy but sweet that he found that special person to calm and sate his demon.

So many things happen in this story,
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
This review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Recommended Read

The long awaited story of Paris is finally here and it does not disappoint. Kane is still missing, William is some how saved, Ashlyn and Maddox are still expecting and of course Paris is still on the hunt for Sienna. When Paris learns that Sienna had tried to reach him but he was unable to see her, he becomes determined to find a way to get to her. It is through an encounter with a minor goddess named Viola, that he discovers the secret to se
Mizuki
Aug 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm on the fence about giving this book 3 stars or 4 stars. Once again the main characters are interesting (a dead woman and a guy who has to sleep with different person every night to survive, how will they get together?), the setting and the plots are also interesting, the supporting characters and their subplots are nice; but by the 3/4 of the story, things start to drag and I skimmed some parts, but the ending really took me by surprise, so 3.8 stars.

PS: I still don't really understand why s
Zeek
May 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
One of the story arches in this series I was (and am- hello Torin!) most looking forward too, I have to say, I wasn’t disappointed! Paris, the Keeper of the Demon of Sex’s torturous search for the woman who became his obsession, finally comes to an end and the lady in question, Sienna, surprisingly turns into a solid female lead. (Was never quite sure if she was strong enough to handle the anxty love story the author set up for these two, but thankfully all the build up before their book allowed ...more
Monica
WOWZA. What a great book!!!

Ladies, meet your Paris:

Yup, COLLECTIVE SIGH.

I think that just by saying that he was the keeper of SEX says it all right?

Paris was...

I don't really have words to describe this man's hotness, awesomeness and everything else.

Moving on, there's Sienna. She was ok, I guess. It's not like I hate her, but she's definetly not one of my most favorite characters EVER written by Gena Showalter.

Anyway,one thing you can be sure about is the "hot loving",if you know what I mean.
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Jesus take the wheel........ finally the story of the Sexorcist and the former bait.......deep breath and I'm going in.............

The only way my safety loving brain could've processed this book was to think of Paris' need for sex as akin to a diabetic's need for insulin? which he needs to survive.

In the time between Paris having been with Sienna and their second chance,he's been with a lot of women some willingly in his quest to find her some only to sate his demon but his reluctance helped to
Gena Showalter Fans: The Darkest Seduction (LOTU #9) 84 153 Feb 18, 2020 10:03PM
What did you think of Paris's LONG-AWAITED story? 23 198 Nov 17, 2014 02:20AM
The Darkest Seduction!!! Cant believe its not until March 8 52 Oct 30, 2012 10:04AM

• Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #11)
  • Shadow's Claim (Immortals After Dark, #12; The Dacians, #1)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #9)
  • Rogue Rider  (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #4)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #2)
  • Shadow of the Moon
  • Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed, #10)
  • Overkill: Snippets of Demonica Life (Demonica #5.7)
  • Where Angels Fear to Tread (Dark-Hunter #0.1)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica #4)
  • Lord of Rage (Royal House of Shadows, #2)
  • Untouchable (Immortals After Dark, #7)
  • Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy, #4)
  • Midnight Untamed (Midnight Breed, #14.5)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of over seventy books, including the acclaimed Lords of the Underworld series, the Gods of War series, the White Rabbit Chronicles, and the Forest of Good and Evil series. She writes sizzling paranormal romance, heartwarming contemporary romance, and unputdownable young adult novels, and lives in Oklahoma City with her family an ...more

Lords of the Underworld (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld #7)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1, Lords of the Underworld #9.25)
  • Beauty Awakened (Angels of the Dark, #2, Lords of the Underworld #9.5)