Start by marking “Where's My Teddy?” as Want to Read:
Where's My Teddy?

Where's My Teddy?

(Eddy and the Bear #1)

Yikes! Eddie's in for the surprise of his life when he discovers that his teddy bear has grown much too big to cuddle! But there's fun in store when Eddie meets up with a real bear who's got just the opposite problem—his lost teddy bear has shrunk to a size that's much too small for such an enormous bear to cuddle. Could it be a case of mistaken identity? This fast-paced c ...more
Published February 1st 1994 by Candlewick Press (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Where's My Teddy?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where's My Teddy?

Start your review of Where's My Teddy?
karen
Jul 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
i read this while i was waiting in line to use the bathroom at the best childrens library ever yesterday. this book is a delight. im probably going to spoil it, but its like an 8 page book - theres really no room for dramatic plot twists - imagine somehow losing your teddy bear in a forest (yeah i dont know - it could happen), and then you turn a corner (turn a tree?) and there is your teddy only he is enormous!!! imagine that moment of confusion and terror. have you shrunk?? has the teddy grown ...more
Jon Nakapalau
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really sweet book about a boy looking for his teddy - but what else will he find?
Edward Sullivan
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A teddy bear mix up.
Abigail
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers Looking for Children's Stories About Teddy Bears
Eddie is missing his Teddy in this rhyming picture-book from British author/illustrator Jez Alborough. Searching for him in the woods, he gets quite a surprise, upon finding a massively over-sized stuffed bear. Has Teddy grown? Has he, Eddie, shrunk? This shock is nothing compared to his reaction when an actual bear, holding a tiny teddy, appears. It would seem that boy and bear have each found the wrong toy...

Originally published in 1992, Where's My Teddy? is the first of three picture-books fe
Amanda
Jun 12, 2020 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the rhyming text and the funny moments to the story. It was short and sweet. The illustrations were not my favorite, but fit the simple plot.
Shane Marie
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
I cannot stress enough how many times I've read this book to one of my daycare kids. She just loves this book so much. It's a great book that's a simple and easy read. But the ending doesn't really satisfy me as an adult reader for some reason.

Reading Level:
LEXILE - AD460L
ATOS - 2.2

Traits:
Organization and Sentence Fluency
J
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love the simple pictures. Great for babies and toddlers.
Hassan Ali
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Book Review 7 - Where’s My Teddy? – Jez Alborough

This book is fantastic! It is about a young boy called Eddy who goes off to search for his teddy called Freddy in the woods. While in the woods, Eddy finds a huge bear and wonders how his small teddy became so big and suddenly hears someone crying not too far away. The crying comes from a gigantic bear that is clutching a small teddy and is also desperate to find his teddy bear. Children will have fun finding out what happens next in the story, wh
Ellie Abrey
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
A beautiful story of Eddie, who has lost his Teddy called Freddie and of a giant bear whom also loses his 'Ted'. The two find each other in their mission to retrieve the teddies they have lost.

This is a great story to read to a class in shared story time, as the story can easily be identified with children, who are likely to have experienced the loss of a teddy at some point in their lives.
Use the entrance pages of the forest to discuss the setting of the story with children, how does this make
Shelley
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
Rich Watercolors make up the details of the bark of the trees, the grassy earth and sets the scene of stepping into the thick of the woods. Eddie seems so small in the woods. It’s scary and dark, and he feels so lost. How is he ever going to find a teddy bear in here?! But yet he does find a teddy! But how did his teddy get so big?

Children will be thrown into the thick of the woods with Eddie to find his teddy bear. Familiar rhyming patterns will help children and readers move through the plot
Zequoia Hyche
Where's My Teddy is a really great story that teaches children about sizes and which size is appropriate for which character. I like how Jez Alborough used the concept of bears to convey his story. I thought that was interesting and I the illustrations were very big and bold and fitting for the story that was being told. I liked how both characters both needed their bears, so that they could sleep at night. Overall its a nice story for parents to read to their children before going to bed with t ...more
Holly
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This story is about a boy and a bear who lose their teddies.

The book is very funny with its content and combined with the heavy rhyming pattern of the book makes for a very enjoyable read with children as a large group.

The pictures are very descriptive and add to the humour of the book. Due to the nature of the story, it also gives the children to predict the outcome of the book.

This book would be very suitable in the Early Years.
Sharena
Jul 11, 2011 added it
Shelves: language, animals
This is a very easy read. I love that there are many rhyming words. I think this is a great read aloud because the rhyming helps the children be apart of the story. They can guess what word will come next.
Amy Armstrong
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This is the most adorable book ever! A case of mistaken teddy identity leaves a bear and a boy very confused.

The story is hilarious, and the pictures are so adorable. I wanted to cuddle everything on the page.
Jamie
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Very simple book. Fun artwork and easy to read story. Shows that everyone needs their own special Teddy. Great for children under the age of 4. What I do not get though, is why is the book so big?! It is a large book that might be awkward for a child to hold or carry.
Cat
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute story! A little boy and a bear lose their teddy bears in the woods. Doesn't sound like much of a story, but the mix up and humor is based on the teddys that get mixed up! Kids loved the story and the illustrations were priceless!
Emily
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A comedy of errors in the woods - a tiny lost Teddie and a giant Teddy bear get mixed up. Big bear found Eddie's tiny Teddy and Eddie found Big Bear's giant Teddy. A swap ensues and all is well when they finally get snuggled up back in their snuggly beds.
Brandon Meisel
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: genre-wheel
This is a fantasy book. This book is a short book that tells of a story about a bear and a child both losing their teddy bear in the woods. We used this book to preface a half day we had that featured a teddy bear picnic.

Grade levels: K-1
Sonja
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-reads
Cute book. Read to my son (and daughter) as part of my son's homework for school.
Tracy Morton
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A little boy loses his teddy and a great big bear loses his teddy. They find each other's teddy and scare each other as they discover the mix up.
Alysha
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-lit
My kids LOVED this book. It is definitely one that I will buy for our home. It's rhyming makes it a fun one to read and the hilariousness of the situation makes you giggle. A great children's book.
Karen Henderson
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book! It is a cute story that is fun to read. I hope to add it to my own bookshelf.
Christine Grant
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stuffed Animal Story Time. Eddie loses his teddy in the woods and so does a giant bear. Great story!
Daniele Bower
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book follows the journey of a young boy named Eddie. Eddie lost his teddy named Freddy in the dark, scary woods. He decides to go look for his teddy because he needs him in order to go to bed. Once in the woods, he stumbles upon a giant teddy bear that looks just like Freddy! This bear, however, is way too big for Eddie to snuggle in his bed. Next, a giant bear came along holding a tiny bear, which turned out to be Freddy. Freddy is too small for this bear. Eddie and the bear realize that t ...more
Blake Bramley
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A personal classic - I remember reading this story to the nursery children all the time, and at one point could read this from memory.

Read in seminar by the Lecturer as an example of using storybooks in phonics classes - this book is a perfect example of easy, rhyming and empathetic stories which children can quickly grasp and use to learn in other hidden ways.
Jonathan Ayres
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A funny misadventure picture book about a boy, his teddy, a bear and his teddy. Ideal for shared reading and developing skills of inference and deduction
Itzia Alvarez
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a sweet book about a young boy in the search of his teddy bear. The story brings elements of suspense and surprises. Like many mystery books that take place in the forest, there is suspense of what is behind the tree or what noise is being heard. The young boy is surprised at what he finds as it is not what he is looking for. The boy continues on his search until he gets back what he lost.

This book is best for grades K-2, but the activities can be used for upper grade levels. For younger st
Christina Mallory
Text-To-World Connection
This book is a perfect example of the fear and safety that some children or adults may face. In the story, Eddie is looking for his teddy that he loves so dearly and can not sleep without. While on his journey he becomes fearful in the woods and feels that his teddy could bring him comfort once he finds it. Often enough children and adults have something or someone that they confide in and trust. Once they become uncomfortable in a situation they seek to find who or what
Chloe Nobbs
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
a funny and sweet book that subverts children’s expectations. detailed big pictures to engage with and interesting language to look at such as use of hyperbole and exaggeration.
Noreen Butt
Sep 01, 2012 rated it liked it
This is about a young boy called Eddy who goes off to search for his teddy called Freddy in the woods. To his surprise, he meets a gigantic bear in the woods. He sits there wondering how the teddy became so big to cuddle and how he will never fit in his bed. Suddenly he hears a sound of sobbing coming nearer and nearer. Eddy hides behind the big teddy when he is faced by a real gigantic bear who is also looking for his big teddy. He has Eddy’s small teddy. Eventually they each grab their own ted ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Teddy.vn 39 1 1 Aug 10, 2018 12:49AM

• Beegu
  • Owl Babies
  • Gorilla
  • Can't You Sleep, Little Bear?
  • We're Going on a Bear Hunt
  • Kipper
  • Where's Spot?
  • Dogger
  • Handa's Surprise: Read and Share
  • Lost and Found (The Boy, #2)
  • Farmer Duck
Jez is the author and illustrator of 48 books for children. In 2018 he published The Story of 'You' his first book for adults, the first in a series called Life Beyond Personality. He says: "We enter this world as pure Oneness, (what I call our ‘original state of Being’) but we lose this as we become identified with our Personality. In that identification, the Stillness and Love of our Original St ...more

Eddy and the Bear (7 books)
  • It's the Bear!
  • My Friend Bear
  • Big and Small (Eddy & the Bear)
  • The Latest Craze (Eddy & The Bear)
  • The Best Things In Life (Eddy & The Bear)
  • Brave Knights (Eddy & the Bear)

News & Interviews