Start by marking “Where's My Teddy?” as Want to Read:
Where's My Teddy?

Where's My Teddy?

(Eddy and the Bear #1)

Yikes! Eddie's in for the surprise of his life when he discovers that his teddy bear has grown much too big to cuddle! But there's fun in store when Eddie meets up with a real bear who's got just the opposite problem—his lost teddy bear has shrunk to a size that's much too small for such an enormous bear to cuddle. Could it be a case of mistaken identity? This fast-paced c ...more
Published February 1st 1994 by Candlewick Press (first published January 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Where's My Teddy?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where's My Teddy?

karen
Jul 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
i read this while i was waiting in line to use the bathroom at the best childrens library ever yesterday. this book is a delight. im probably going to spoil it, but its like an 8 page book - theres really no room for dramatic plot twists - imagine somehow losing your teddy bear in a forest (yeah i dont know - it could happen), and then you turn a corner (turn a tree?) and there is your teddy only he is enormous!!! imagine that moment of confusion and terror. have you shrunk?? has the teddy grown ...more
Abigail
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers Looking for Children's Stories About Teddy Bears
Eddie is missing his Teddy in this rhyming picture-book from British author/illustrator Jez Alborough. Searching for him in the woods, he gets quite a surprise, upon finding a massively over-sized stuffed bear. Has Teddy grown? Has he, Eddie, shrunk? This shock is nothing compared to his reaction when an actual bear, holding a tiny teddy, appears. It would seem that boy and bear have each found the wrong toy...

Originally published in 1992, Where's My Teddy? is the first of three picture-books fe
Edward Sullivan
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A teddy bear mix up.
Jamie
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Very simple book. Fun artwork and easy to read story. Shows that everyone needs their own special Teddy. Great for children under the age of 4. What I do not get though, is why is the book so big?! It is a large book that might be awkward for a child to hold or carry.
Ellie Abrey
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
A beautiful story of Eddie, who has lost his Teddy called Freddie and of a giant bear whom also loses his 'Ted'. The two find each other in their mission to retrieve the teddies they have lost.

This is a great story to read to a class in shared story time, as the story can easily be identified with children, who are likely to have experienced the loss of a teddy at some point in their lives.
Use the entrance pages of the forest to discuss the setting of the story with children, how does this make
Sonja
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-reads
Cute book. Read to my son (and daughter) as part of my son's homework for school.
Christina Mallory
Text-To-World Connection
This book is a perfect example of the fear and safety that some children or adults may face. In the story, Eddie is looking for his teddy that he loves so dearly and can not sleep without. While on his journey he becomes fearful in the woods and feels that his teddy could bring him comfort once he finds it. Often enough children and adults have something or someone that they confide in and trust. Once they become uncomfortable in a situation they seek to find who or what
Noreen Butt
Sep 01, 2012 rated it liked it
This is about a young boy called Eddy who goes off to search for his teddy called Freddy in the woods. To his surprise, he meets a gigantic bear in the woods. He sits there wondering how the teddy became so big to cuddle and how he will never fit in his bed. Suddenly he hears a sound of sobbing coming nearer and nearer. Eddy hides behind the big teddy when he is faced by a real gigantic bear who is also looking for his big teddy. He has Eddy’s small teddy. Eventually they each grab their own ted ...more
Zaynab Modaykhan
This story tells the tale of a boy named Eddy who has lost his teddy named Freddy! Eddy wonders through the woods to find Freddy and stumbles across a teddy who looks like his teddy, but is a huge sized one! Eddy feels sad as he realises that he cant take this big teddy home now as he is too big to fit into his bed! Then, Eddy hears a voice sobbing and talking about their teddy being too small and that the small teddy wont be able to fit into their giant sized bed! Eddy becomes scared and hides ...more
Hassan Ali
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Book Review 7 - Where’s My Teddy? – Jez Alborough

This book is fantastic! It is about a young boy called Eddy who goes off to search for his teddy called Freddy in the woods. While in the woods, Eddy finds a huge bear and wonders how his small teddy became so big and suddenly hears someone crying not too far away. The crying comes from a gigantic bear that is clutching a small teddy and is also desperate to find his teddy bear. Children will have fun finding out what happens next in the story, wh
Kay
Sep 18, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: primary, mathematical
Poor Eddy loses his teddy, Freddy and he goes into the woods to search for him. A dark and horrible wood, where Eddy gets scared. He would rather be in bed with his teddy, Freddy. Eddy tiptoes through the wood until he sees something. It is a GIANT TEDDY BEAR. Surprised at the size, Eddy thinks that teddy is now too big to cuddle or fit in this bed and he looks glum.

Then Eddy hears sobbing and a loud voice, ‘How did you get to be tiddly and small?’ A gigantic bear was stomping towards Eddy carry
Zequoia Hyche
Where's My Teddy is a really great story that teaches children about sizes and which size is appropriate for which character. I like how Jez Alborough used the concept of bears to convey his story. I thought that was interesting and I the illustrations were very big and bold and fitting for the story that was being told. I liked how both characters both needed their bears, so that they could sleep at night. Overall its a nice story for parents to read to their children before going to bed with t ...more
Holly
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This story is about a boy and a bear who lose their teddies.

The book is very funny with its content and combined with the heavy rhyming pattern of the book makes for a very enjoyable read with children as a large group.

The pictures are very descriptive and add to the humour of the book. Due to the nature of the story, it also gives the children to predict the outcome of the book.

This book would be very suitable in the Early Years.
Amy Armstrong
Jun 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This is the most adorable book ever! A case of mistaken teddy identity leaves a bear and a boy very confused.

The story is hilarious, and the pictures are so adorable. I wanted to cuddle everything on the page.
Katie Pszczola
Dec 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: rhyming
This fun rhyming story would be a fun book for students to read on their own while they are learning to read. The pictures help us understand the words. The words are mostly short and rhyme so children would be able to read on their own.
Sharena
Jul 11, 2011 added it
Shelves: language, animals
This is a very easy read. I love that there are many rhyming words. I think this is a great read aloud because the rhyming helps the children be apart of the story. They can guess what word will come next.
Gazelle
Dec 28, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked how it shows the idea of different needs between different beings to children. what can be just perfect for one could be someone else's worst nightmare.
Emily Byrne
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
‘Where’s My Teddy?’ by Jez Alborough, tells the story of a little boy’s desperate attempt to find his favourite teddy. After discovering a teddy bear identical in appearance to his own, but the wrong size, the story is lead to a hilarious encounter between the boy and a real bear. I was first introduced to this book during an observation of a year one English class. ‘Where’s My Teddy?’ was read to the class as a plenary activity due to its relevance to the class term theme of ‘Toys’.
This story i
Justine Carnegie
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Simple story for younger children, with limited characters it’s easy to use props to help tell the story or to get young children to act it out. I saw this story used for a group time with children new to nursery, the simple plot and short length was a good way of introducing them to stories and group time. The children also seemed to all respond to having a cuddly comfort toy even those with English as an additional language. Having a teddy seemed to be very universal for this group of children ...more
Brandon Meisel
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: genre-wheel
This is a fantasy book. This book is a short book that tells of a story about a bear and a child both losing their teddy bear in the woods. We used this book to preface a half day we had that featured a teddy bear picnic.

Grade levels: K-1
Emily
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A comedy of errors in the woods - a tiny lost Teddie and a giant Teddy bear get mixed up. Big bear found Eddie's tiny Teddy and Eddie found Big Bear's giant Teddy. A swap ensues and all is well when they finally get snuggled up back in their snuggly beds.
Cat
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute story! A little boy and a bear lose their teddy bears in the woods. Doesn't sound like much of a story, but the mix up and humor is based on the teddys that get mixed up! Kids loved the story and the illustrations were priceless!
Lauren Slee
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even better as a big book!!! Children absolutely love it!
Christine Grant
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stuffed Animal Story Time. Eddie loses his teddy in the woods and so does a giant bear. Great story!
Hannah
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Very relatable for children. The rhythm and rhyme work really well. Very enjoyable.
Heather
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Classic for a reason. Ages 2-6.
Kelly
Eddie has lost his teddy in the big woods. The big bear lost HIS teddy in the big woods. Who has whose teddy?
Natashasiberian79adgmail.Com
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was too precious!
Jamie Scott
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another cheeky short read to place on my challenge!
Priya
  • I Know a Rhino
  • I'm Not Cute!
  • The Wide-Mouthed Frog: A Pop-Up Book
  • The Cow Who Fell in the Canal
  • Can't You Sleep, Little Bear?
  • Can You Make a Scary Face?
  • Jump!
  • What Shall We Do With The Boo Hoo Baby?
  • Bears on Chairs
  • Wow! Said the Owl
  • The Terrible Plop
  • Monkey And Me
  • Up in the Tree
Jez Alborough is the author-illustrator of the picture-book charmer HUG, his first book about Bobo. He has also created many other celebrated books for children, including SOME DOGS DO — a story about a dog who can fly — and the best-selling Eddie and the Bear books: WHERE'S MY TEDDY?, IT'S THE BEAR!, and MY FRIEND BEAR. Of TALL, he says, "Bobo experiences feeling small as well as feeling tall, bu ...more

Eddy and the Bear (3 books)
  • It's the Bear!