Start by marking “Inner Demons (Peachville High Demons, #2)” as Want to Read:
Inner Demons (Peachville High Demons, #2)

Inner Demons

(The Shadow Demons Saga #2)

An alternate cover edition can be found here.

Becoming a Demons cheerleader was the last thing Harper Madison expected when she moved to the small town of Peachville. Now that she's an official member of the squad, her training can begin. Only, this is no normal group of cheerleaders. Harper isn't there to learn dances and cheers. She became a cheerleader in order to
Published December 21st 2010 by Dead River Books (first published December 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Inner Demons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inner Demons

Start your review of Inner Demons (Peachville High Demons, #2)
Nicole
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-favs
So i loved this one more than the first one. I feel like this is a great storyline. Not too much drama but just enough drama. Great job keeping us questioning what is going on. So many questions…..
Annie Brewer
This series just keeps getting better and better. Some of my questions from book 1 were answered...but now has raised some new questions. The magic in this book is so fun and reminds me of Charmed, which I always enjoyed watching. The cheerleading aspect of the story is still really great and works well.

Brooke, Lark and Allison are all great characters. I can't wait to learn more about them and their pasts. I won't talk about Drake and his arrogant ego. All I can say is Harper better set his
Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe)
Wow! I thought the first book was good this one just topped it. This series is fricking amazing, and it's only on book 2. In this book Harpers life seems to be amazing, but something isn't feeling right in here gut. So Harper being Harper, she questioned everything and investigated everything. So of course more things are revealed, which just sinks you further into the story. Let's just say I'm in training for my job, but most of the day I was involved in the book.
Marsha
Dec 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Young Adults and Adults
Wow! "Inner Demons" is another great addition to the Peachville High Demons series. How much did I like this second book? Well, let me tell you I gobbled down the first and second book in a matter of hours and now I am off to read the third book in the series.

In this installment, Harper Madison has it all. She is a member of the cheerleading squad and she is dating the rich,handsome quarterback, Drake Ashworth. So, what is the problem? Harper feels as if something is wrong and she cannot quite
Runningrabbit
This is a strong follow on from book 1. It wasn't till about a third of the way in that it started to develop further with development on Brooke's character whilst the relationship with Lark maintains a certain level of camerarderie. More information regarding Peachville and it's inhabitants is revealed and the story ends with a suitable level of anticipation for the next book.
C.D. Gorri
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having a great time reading Harper's story and i am a certainly a fan of paranormal series. Jackson's mystery is intriguing! Can't wait to read book 3!
Tom
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I’m sticking with my original 4.5 but giving the 5th star because I loved the reread and I think knowing how much world building got done in the thick of all the action I’m giving it a bump.

There is a whole lot more going on in this one. We learn so much about their world without any info dumps. Harper’s conflict is evident through the whole story but even more so in this one. She finally is a part of something but it feels all wrong. She’s got the prize of the school (even if he is a douche),
Abbie
Mar 05, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating - 2.5

Inner Demons was an okay read, but it could drag.

Harper was an okay character again, but sometimes she could be a bit stupid.
She was told that something was dangerous, but went ahead and done it anyway. As the story continued, she done it more, but on a bigger level.

The pacing was quite slow, so i felt bored in some parts. Due to that, it felt longer than what it was.

Overall, an okay sequel, but not as good as book one.
Brooke Shelly
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked this second book in this series. There were a lot of plot twists in here that I didn't even see coming.
Jessica
Jul 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: supernatural
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this series!!!! Highly recommend!! Gonna be sad when it is over.
Magan Vernon
Jan 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dear Sarra,

I hate you. I'm supposed to be writing and instead I spend all of my time reading your books.

xoxo

Magan

p.s. I don't really hate you.
Karla
This book followed the same path as book 1. But keep with it book 3 is better.
Megan
Adding a review for this as I've rated it without a review.

I remember reading this as one of the first fantasy YA novels. If I reread this I am not convinced I'd be as in love with it as I was when I read this in 2014. A lot of things have happened since. 2014 Was a very hard year for myself so all the reviews are showing up on the same date. I can't explain why they are, if the ratings are justice or accurate I can also not say when I truly read these. I'm just going to say 2014 on the same day
Grace the Book Queen
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, 4-stars
This was a hugeeeee improvement compared to the first book. The plot was a bit more relevant, tons of questions were answered, and the writing improved significantly!! I'm definitely reading the next book and if this improvement continues, maybe I'll read the rest of the series as well!
Cecily Wolfe
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
I'm really enjoying this series - the world-building is so impressive, especially with the great characterization and storytelling going on in the midst of it. And now book three . . .
Annette M Guerriero Nishimoto
Today's review is on The Peachville High Demons series by Sarra Cannon

Since I really couldn't find anything but good things about each book in Cannon's Peachville High Demons series, I simple read each of the four installments currently available, and decided that I would simply provide my review and opinion of the series as a whole. I did; however, provide a review of the first book, Beautiful Demons already.

Each book follows the life of Harper Madison, a orphan who has been in numerous foster
Laurie
4.5 Stars
This is the second novella in the Peachville High Demon series and, I must say, I found it just as engrossing and enchanting as the first book,Beautiful Demons. Told from the perspective of the young recruit, Harper Madison, the dialogues are deftly handled. The uncertainty and angst of the sixteen-year-old protagonist, Harper, resonates throughout. However, through it all, Harper struggles to make the right choices and to discover who she is and what she truly wants to become. She is
B at Spare Time Book Blog
See more reviews on my blog! http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/

It seems like I am devouring this series. I finished the second book in about a day and a half, same as the first! These books just keep surprising me. I think I know what will happen and then it doesn’t happen. That’s a key factor to a great book. Another thing I love about these books is the chapter titles. I know that’s a pretty random thing to comment on. But, if you’ve read the books you probably know why. It always keeps me
Maggie Waits
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Behind every secret, there is an even darker secret.
Harper Madison is now an official member of the Demons cheer-leading squad. She went from being a social outcast one day, to being a cheerleader the next. However, Harper soon learns that things are not as they seem and something may be horribly wrong.
While seeking answers to her questions, she discovers she may have put herself in a very dangerous position that she may not be able to get herself out of.
The book is full of surprises, twists
Ann
Jan 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Harper learns that to be a part of the cheer team she has to get a tattoo. But when she sees her tattoo Harper wonders why this? Quickly Harper realizes that cheer practice is for learning how to use her powers, she also learns how the cheerleaders are able to do such an amazing job cheering. After the first game Harper cheers at Drake asks her to go to Homecoming. Harper is taught by a friend how to use a higher up level power of glamour to make the dress she buys at the thrift store work for ...more
Gabriella
Inner Demons is the sequel to Beautiful Demons.

It picks up right where Beautiful Demons left off. Now an official member of the Demons cheerleading squad, Harper soon learns that things are not as they seem and something may be horribly wrong. While seeking answers, she discovers she may have put herself in a very dangerous position that she may not be able to get herself out of.

It is full of surprises, twists and turns. Harper finds out a little more about the town of peachville and a little
Lydia
Mar 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook
This one was just as good as the first one. It developed a lot of the characters a bit more, and we really get to see Harper grow. You learn more about the town she is from, but there are still many questions about her situation. I enjoy the way this author slowly lets you in on the secrets, without making you so irritated to be left in the dark.

One thing I didn't mention in my review of the first one is the chapter names. I really like the way the author chooses each name. Each chapter is named
LPJ
Jul 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Each "book" of this series is less a stand-alone novel, and more a chapter in an ongoing, larger saga. Inner Demons picks up a few weeks after the last one ends. I'm glad there's not a lot of time rehashing past events, we just jump right in and get moving. Plot-wise, things pick up. We get a bunch more info here on what the heck's going on, and I really appreciated it.

It's still YA-lite, sweet cotton candy to delight your taste buds, but I was on board for the action, the revelations and
Jade
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a perfect sequel to the first book! I found it generally more interesting than the first but that might just be me, because I love rushing to all the action and answers - the hardships of an impatient bookworm!
In this volume is follows Harper after her initiation into the cheer leading squad, which then answers many questions about Peachville, magic and The Order/ The Others

Personally I'm reading all three as one because of my Ebook so I love it as just one big book because it doesn't
Sónia Tigol
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book just as engrossing and enchanting as the first book.
These books just keep surprising me. I think I know what will happen and then it doesn’t happen the way I imagined.
This is a really good series.
I am off to read the third book in the series.
Erica Leigh
Good follow up.
Romance doesn't develop believably,
but whatever. The story is interesting
in itself either way.

If you're sick of vampires/warewolves/ghosts,
give this series a try! The covers may
look cheesy, but I was pleasantly surprised
by how different the story was, and how un-whiny
the female protagonist is (yay!).
Sheila
Feb 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Picks up where Beautiful Demons left off. Answers some questions but creates more questions. I like Harper and Jackson. Drake is an a**. I'm not sure who to trust. I have to get book 3 now. I want to know what happens.
Alexandra Elend Wolf
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 2016
Wow! That was unexpected. This book starts as a surprise and continues with more surprises.
Natacia Louvier
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun with new hints to what's going on but not everything. In a way reminds me of a series called the Secret Circle.
DeMi Harrison
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great 2nd book. It was a great quick read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Buddy Read Zone: Inner Demons 50 25 Jan 01, 2013 03:42PM

• Long Night Moon (Seasons of the Moon, #3)
  • Gray Moon Rising (Seasons of the Moon, #4)
  • Enchanted Secrets (Witches of Bayport, #1)
  • Xoe (Xoe Meyers, #1)
  • Dangerous (Element Preservers, #1)
  • All Hallows' Moon (Seasons of the Moon, #2)
  • End In Sight (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #6)
  • Gateway (The Gateway Trilogy, #1)
  • Rae of Hope (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #1)
  • Under Fire (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #5)
  • Royal Tea (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #4)
  • Pisces (Zodiac Twin Flame, #1)
  • Entangled (Spellbound, #1)
  • House of Cards (The Chronicles of Kerrigan #3)
  • The Truth Spell (Werewolf High #1)
  • Midnight Rose (The Midnight Series, #1)
  • The Tiny Curse (Werewolf High #2)
  • Accidental Ashes (Xoe Meyers, #2)

The Shadow Demons Saga (10 books)
  • Beautiful Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #1)
  • Bitter Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #3)
  • Shadow Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #4)
  • Rival Demons (The Shadow Demons Saga #5)
  • Demons Forever (The Shadow Demons Saga #6)
  • Emerald Darkness (The Shadow Demons Saga #7)
  • Forgotten Darkness (The Shadow Demons Saga #8)
  • Beyond The Darkness (The Shadow Demons Saga, #9)
  • Deceiving Darkness (The Shadow Demons Saga, #10)