Start by marking “The Real Book of Real Estate: Real Experts. Real Stories. Real Life.” as Want to Read:
The Real Book of Real Estate: Real Experts. Real Stories. Real Life.

The Real Book of Real Estate: Real Experts. Real Stories. Real Life.

The Real Book of Real Estate is the one book, the Bible, of real estate advice and techniques every investor needs to navigate through the ups, the downs, and the in-betweens of the real estate market and come out on top.
Published May 12th 2009 by Carroll & Graf (first published May 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Real Book of Real Estate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Real Book of Real Estate

Carrie Rundhaug
Feb 07, 2012 Carrie Rundhaug rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is full of information and gives the reader an understanding of the process of investing in Real Estate. This is part of the Rich Dad, Poor Dad series, and Mr. Kiyosaki doesn't fail us. Kiyosaki brings together some of the brightest minds in their various fields. Each chapter is filled to the brim of information and is easily understandable. The most important point made throughout the entire book is how important it is to have a great team. I highly recommend this book.
Bill
Jan 06, 2010 Bill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easily the best Kiyosaki book.
John Fletcher
Good overview. Kinda covers everything so it doesn't really cover anything very well. It's my first real estate book but I would recommend for a beginning reference book.
Tao Lee
Mar 16, 2017 Tao Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly recommend!

Note to myself: Never make any deals with anyone you do not trust. Don't make the mistake of putting your real estate rentals into an S corp. or C corp. Hire REAL ESTATE ATTORNEY, not just ATTORNEY. Make the deal - no matter how long it takes (at the meeting). Having a general contractor run the show is a good idea. You should never attempt to manage your own construction, no matter how well you think you can do it. If you are an investor, remain an investor. Ask, even if you th
Ben Harriman
Mar 16, 2017 Ben Harriman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great book, love the detail with simplicity. it gets in to more complex and larger deals which I love.
Glenn
Feb 24, 2017 Glenn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Bits and pieces of advice that you could find easily enough on the web through the people featured in this book.
Michael
Jun 15, 2016 Michael rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: real-estate
This book is very general, but gives insight to many different types of real estate deals. Almost every contributor mentions the importance of building a great team and outsourcing most of the responsibility. While the stories were interesting and it was filled with lots of useful tidbits, the book is more of a motivational item than a manual for investing. In the final chapter Robert was subtly trying to sell his courses and other books of his.

Useful tidbits:
Stay local, and actively navigate th
Nola Redd
I picked this up as I started re-reading Kiyosaki's other books and realized just how prolific an author he has become! While I enjoy the rest of his work, I think this is probably the best and most helpful book he has out, simply because of the vast array of perspectives it includes. Some of the essays dealt with a range I wasn't really interested in - but I read them and generally found something that related to the aspect of real estate investing that I *am* interested in pursuing. At the sam ...more
Waseem
Apr 07, 2013 Waseem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good book all round covering many important aspects wof real estate with well deserving and expert millionaires covering each section with guest experiences from donald trump n co...so enjoyed reading and learning about the different methods and type of real estate investing with relevant experts in the field...however not the typical 5 star fav i normally enjoy from kiyosaki..well deserve the proce..but kinda covered alot and not homed into one good strategy itself..but then again..its the REAL ...more
Tim Jones
Aug 04, 2016 Tim Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book gives a great overview of the advantages of investing in real estate, along with the many different types of real estate investments that are out there! Really good for people just starting out to see what's out there and what is most interesting to them. I really liked the chapters on single family homes, tax liens, and exchanges. Very informative book!
Gemma Alexander
Nov 15, 2011 Gemma Alexander rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: money
I really like Kiyosaki's take on money and I think he's a lot more readable than most personal finance authors. But this book was a collection of essays by other people, and the point was pretty much just to build his brand and keep something new on the shelves. It didn't really add much to my understanding of investing.
Jason Denison
May 09, 2014 Jason Denison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an awesome book. I loved hearing from all the different people and their personal experiences and expertise. I highly recommend it for anyone looking to be a real estate investor. Robert has changed the way I think about money and work.
Frank Deschain
Nov 25, 2013 Frank Deschain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: real-estate
Clarifies some of the more esoteric rules regarding real estate. Although the author's personal life is constantly called into question(bankruptcy, "scam artist!accusations"), it definitely does make you think different about the financial system that we are born into.
Jose Batista
Feb 05, 2015 Jose Batista rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Vanity Fair
This is not a book, it is merely a compilation of self-promotion articles of the author's buddies.
Erik Similkier
Nov 30, 2011 Erik Similkier rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one is in my collection and a good reference
Dane
Feb 25, 2014 Dane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mastermind
Great book. It might be a little too deep for beginners, however there is still a lot that can be learned.
Ishan Sharma
Nov 28, 2015 Ishan Sharma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its a complete guide of learning all about real estate; this time written by all the real estate advisor's of Rich Dad Kiyosaki. Great!
Brian Hara
Aug 19, 2013 Brian Hara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
See other Robert Kiyosaki/Rich Dad Poor Dad reviews.
Geoffrey Jones
Feb 24, 2016 Geoffrey Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books around on being successful. I would not have been able to grow a million dollar business without Robert.

www.investorwize.com
Abe
Dec 02, 2012 Abe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the how-to book to read! It has everything. Big or small, buildings our land , development, read it!
Cherise
Dec 10, 2014 Cherise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a ton of great information in this book. I'll be reading it again soon.
Cory J
Sep 22, 2015 Cory J rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook

Long but AWESOME
Jenia Mekler
Jenia Mekler rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2014
Mikolaj Walczak
Mikolaj Walczak rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2015
Rowan
Rowan rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Logan Franey
Logan Franey rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2012
Radek Procyk
Radek Procyk rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2016
Melvin Music
Melvin Music rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2017
David Martin
David Martin rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2015
Eric Eckhoff
Eric Eckhoff rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2014
  • Shift: The 12 Tactics Real Estate Agents Must Do Now to Win in a Down Market
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: The Advanced Guide to Real Estate Investing: How to Identify the Hottest Markets and Secure the Best Deals
  • What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know about Cash Flow... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures
  • Mastering the Art of Selling Real Estate
  • The Automatic Millionaire Homeowner: A Powerful Plan to Finish Rich in Real Estate
  • From 0 To 130 Properties In 3. 5 Years
  • The ABC's of Building a Business Team That Wins: The Invisible Code of Honor That Takes Ordinary People and Turns Them Into a Championship Team
  • Real Estate Investing For Dummies
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • Hold: How to Find, Buy, and Keep Real Estate Properties to Grow Wealth
  • Rich Dad's Advisors®: The ABC's of Writing Winning Business Plans: How to Prepare a Business Plan That Others Will Want to Read -- and Invest In
  • Flip: How to Find, Fix, and Sell Houses for Profit
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich-And Why Most Don't
  • Real Estate Loopholes: Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investing
  • Rich Dad's Real Estate Advantages: Tax and Legal Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investors
  • Investing in Real Estate
Kiyosaki is best known for his book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, the #1 New York Times bestseller. Kiyosaki followed with Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant and Rich Dad's Guide to Investing. He has now had at least a dozen books published. A partial list of his books is included below
More about Robert T. Kiyosaki...