Start by marking “Enjoying God: Experiencing Intimacy with the Heavenly Father” as Want to Read:
Enjoying God: Experiencing Intimacy with the Heavenly Father

Enjoying God: Experiencing Intimacy with the Heavenly Father

"What greater way could you glorify God in your life than by simply enjoying Him?" teacher and author S.J. Hill asks. "It's simple, but it's radical. Some may even call it revolutionary. Yet, I believe this is the heartbeat of Christianity. It's all about relationship with our heavenly Father, the true Lover of our hearts."

Enjoying God challenges and encourages believers o

Published January 29th 2008 by Relevant Books (first published October 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Enjoying God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enjoying God

Barb Irwin
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book takes me out of legalistic intellectualism into relationship with a Father who wants His best for me--so much so that Jesus came, lived, died and rose again to restore me from sin and death to life and purpose for now into eternity.
Ben
Apr 18, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
it'd be an understatement to say I'm not overly familiar with the gentle side of God, so reading this book was difficult. I read it, but I already had my opinion locked and loaded, and had to fight my instincts to put the book down every time I read something that I was unfamiliar with or when something bothered me.

But.. it does bother me when God is described as a groom kissing his bride. it makes the supernatural so natural. Maybe I just don't understand metaphors.

Positive:
- it's nice and nec
Jeske
I liked it a lot. It was insightful and contained enough depth without getting too abstract. It offered great advice on developing an intimate relationship with Jesus (and not just talking about from a distance, what most authors do). The prayers at the end of each chapter were helpful. Of course there were things that i found a little too far-fetched, like translating the Song of Songs into a lovesong of God to us or the church, which i think is undue 'spiritualization' of something that's plai ...more
Sarah Joy Freese
Nov 28, 2009 rated it liked it
I enjoy S.J. Hill more as a speaker than as a writer. I imagine that he's kind of like Paul in that way. Part of it, from what I can assess from his writing, is that he seems to be more a dichotomist vs. a trichotomist. And those of you who know me, know where I stand! Body, soul, spirit! =)

Overall, a decent devotional book. Great book for my FYI students given our topic at hand: The Heart of the Father. Excellent in conjunction with Lifetime Guarantee which clearly dilineates trichotomy.
Paige
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
While there are a few things I didn't see eye to eye on with the author, so I am rating this book based on the positive things I read. I love the stories, quotes and his discussion on the love of God. I would recommend this to friends, however, I would have to caution them on a few concepts that I didn't think were as biblically sound as the rest of the book.

Good book overall.
Tommy
Sep 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who needs reminded how much God loves and desires them
Recommended to Tommy by: Found it in the International House Of Prayer Book Store (IHOP)
Great book. Aways goes along with my Bible. Anyone who wants to experience and here about how much God loves them and desires them needs this book. Total life changing for me, It rocked my very core and brought me alot further along in knowing and understanding Gods love for me..
Kerri
Feb 04, 2009 rated it liked it
this book was a bit trite and cliche at times - while it seems better suited for a new christian, it was a good reminder of things that i had somehow forgotten. by the end, it redeemed itself, i think.
Kay
Jun 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
This book was one of those that helped to propel me into the person that I am and how I think of God. If you've come from a performance-based, legalistic religious background and are looking to come out from under that weight, this book is a must read!
Jan 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read this book years ago, and the Lord used it (among other things) to draw me to a deeper place of intimacy with him like I had never known. I've never been the same.
Andy Deane
Jun 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is one of my top 10 favorite books of all time.
Brian Tucker
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Insightful in the "everyday uses" type of way. So many relevant practices for your day-to-day walk. Recommend it as an accommodating devotional.
Viero
Sep 22, 2009
Jarrad Musgrove
Nov 25, 2012
Jessica
rated it did not like it
Oct 25, 2018
Jul 29, 2011
Rainbowsplatters
Feb 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
“You may be going through a season in your Christian experience when it seems as if God is silent. You may sense the sweetness of His presence, but He doesn’t appear to be saying much of anything. More often than not we interpret this to mean that He’s somehow upset with us. We think it’s a sign of disapproval or separation. But I believe there are times when even our Bridegroom God steps back and simply admires us. Overcome with emotions for His bride, He is moved beyond words. This may stretch our imaginations, but this is how deeply He cares for us.” 0 likes