Start by marking “Some Welcome Home” as Want to Read:
Some Welcome Home

Some Welcome Home

(Elizabeth Pepperhawk & Avivah Rosen Mystery #1)

Captain Elizabeth Pepperhawk survived Vietnam, but will she survive Fort Bragg? Whoever dressed a body in a World War II uniform and put it in her bed in the Transient Officers Quarters wants to shorten not only her career, but her life. The Army's Criminal Investigation Division identifies the victim as Dermid Hagan. According to Army records, Specialist Hagan died in a t ...more
Published February 1st 2005 by Five Star (ME)

To ask other readers questions about Some Welcome Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some Welcome Home

Cathy Cole
Mar 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Author Sharon Wildwind is a former Army nurse who served in Vietnam as well as Fort Bragg. She's writing what she knows, and that knowledge glows on the page. Some Welcome Home does an excellent job of showing military personnel adjusting to life stateside, and it also takes a good look inside the military police, nursing, and the prevailing attitude in 1971 toward women in the military.

Besides that insider knowledge, another strength of this book is its three main characters. Pepper is a good
Cathy Spencer
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
First of all, I wanted to read this book because Sharon Wildwind is a fellow Calgarian mystery writer. Yeah! It's about time that Canadian mystery writers got known.

I enjoyed the book a lot. The Vietnam war army nurse angle is brand new and, aside from the mystery story itself, I was curious to read what it's like to be an army nurse, plus the Vietnam war experience. I think that there are a lot of baby-boomers who will feel the same way.

I thought the three major characters, Pepper, Avivah, and
Carol
Mar 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I chose to buy this book because of good reviews on DorothyL. My husband is a Viet Nam vet and this book, the first in a series, is about an Army nurse who comes back from Viet Nam in the early 1970's. Her new post is Ft. Bragg, North Carolina, and as soon as she walks in to her room in Normandy House, kind of an Army hotel, she finds a dead body in her room. The body is dressed in a WWII uniform.

This book totally dominated my weekend as I let myself drift off to Fort Bragg and enjoy meeting th
Kae Cheatham
Nov 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
9Borrowed from my Public Library]

Good characters. Original and effective. This is the first in a new series, as Captain Elizabeth Pepperhawk, Army Nurse, returns to Ft. Bragg from a stint in Vietnam (This is a retro piece -- 1980s) and finds a dead body in her room. The soldier has been shot. Then comes a sequence of misidentitis and questions that are solved by Pepperhawk and MP Captain Avivah Rosen. Their investigation is interesting and believable. The peripheral characters are well fleshed o
Moira Kloster
Jun 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Set in the 1970s - nurse returns from military duty in Vietnam to a military hospital at home, only to get caught up in a murder. Ticks along nicely, with engaging characters and nicely vivid accounts of military culture and of small-town southern ways.
Pam
Oct 08, 2007 rated it really liked it
08/06/05 #135
TITLE/AUTHOR: SOME WELCOME HOME by Sharon Wildwind
RATING: 4/B
GENRE/PUB DATE/# OF PGS: Mystery, 2005, 374 pgs
Leslie
Aug 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Loved the characters and the story was compelling. It flowed nicely and I would read more by this author. Good job Sharon!
Sheila
Barry
Nov 25, 2015
Merna
Sep 16, 2013
Sharon is The Calgary Mystery Lady. Originally from the southern United States, she came to Canada a long time ago. As a child, she read adventure stories, science fiction, and mysteries, and knew more about bush pilots than she did about social graces. It took her a while to realize that the guys always got the best adventures and the best lines, a situation she set out to remedy by making up her ...more

Elizabeth Pepperhawk & Avivah Rosen Mystery (4 books)
  • First Murder in Advent