Start by marking “Christmas Alphabet” as Want to Read:
Christmas Alphabet

Christmas Alphabet

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  292 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of THE CHRISTMAS ALPHABET, Sabuda has created a brand new pop-up to include in this special edition, which also has a brand new cover and is covered in green foil.

Celebrate Christmas with this beautiful pop-up alphabet book by award-winning author Robert Sabuda.

"The Christmas book of the year. Twenty-six dazzling, magical pop-ups commemor
Hardcover, Deluxe Anniversary Edition, 16 pages
Published October 1st 2004 by Orchard (first published October 26th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Alphabet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Alphabet

Jessica
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gorgeous alphabet book with tiny "books" that unfold to show an example of each letter.
Kristin Crockett
B (open flap)
BELL
C (open flap)
CANDLE
Brief Book Summary: The book is a pop up book on the theme of Christmas. It goes in A to Z order, having two letters per page. Each letter is listed on colorful paper, where readers open up the flaps and a Christmas related object that starts with that letter will pop out (EX: L is a
Amanda
Dec 06, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Amanda by: Aunt BJ
Shelves: kid-s-books
This was a gift from one of my husband's aunts to our son last year and it is amazing. There are little pop outs for each letter which have to do with Christmas. Some are pretty detailed and while most are white, some have some color which really brings out the object (like Stained Glass). This year I was sure to remind my almost 3 yr old that it is a special book and must be handled carefully because last year his busy fingers happened to tear the head off of Baby Jesus in the Manger. I was con ...more
Ellis Brodowski
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As simple as this book is, it was by far my favorite. This edition obviously includes each letter of the alphabet, but unfold each flap and you will find a beautiful paper cut out of an object that starts with the letter. The cut outs were what makes the book so unique, they are each very delicate and intricate yet very simple at the same time. My favorite pop-up was "Joy" because the cut out was of beautiful birds flying towards the sky. I highly recommend this book.
Teri
Nov 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Found this gem at Vromans on sale. It is a beautiful book and my daughter adores it! It contains a card with a letter and you open it, and it turns into a beautiful pop up. A for angel and an angel pops up, etc. There are two letters per page. The only one I did not like is X. It is X-mas and I am not a fan of cutting Christ out of Christmas. I remember first learning that in elementary school and the wonderful teacher who taught me. God bless you Miss Van Fleet and Merry Christmas!
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: february
The pop-ups that are included in this book are incredible. They have so much detail and help to identify the symbols of Christmas. The only thing that I didn't like about this book is that some of the items listed in the alphabet are verbs and some are nouns. As a result, it probably would not be the best book to teach during language arts in the classroom.
Cami
Feb 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: february
This book was really cute, and pretty awesome. I love pop up books, and this one was a really cool one. I liked it a lot. This would be a fun book to use in a classroom around wintertime to talk to students about Christmas. Then you could use other books to talk about other holidays that are celebrated in December.
Ashley
Nov 22, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book in the lower level of my children area while my 2 1/2 year old played.
I wish I could say she enjoyed this book as much as I did but she had no idea what almost everything was and wanted to play with toys by the letter P.
W for Window was my favorite of all the alphabet letters.
Melanie
Feb 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
A simple format with one pop-up for each letter hidden behind a flap. The white cutouts contrast beautifully with the colored backgrounds. Our family likes to cover the word and guess what the pop-up image represents. I love that Sabuda has included some religious images to remind us of the nativity.
Bethany
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have no idea what age to recommend this for as it is an ABC far too fragile for preschoolers. On the other hand, this is enjoyed by two year olds and adults alike. The joyful surprises of the intricate art made all of us ooh and ahh. So enjoy it with your kiddos... And hide it when you can't supervise.
Britt☮
Dec 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Though this book provides a different Christmas word for each letter of the alphabet, don't try to use this book as an ABC teaching tool — many of the words are too difficult for children who are just learning how to read (poinsettia, for example). The incredible pop-up art is the true strength of this book, so focus instead on getting kids to recognize the symbols of Christmas.
Rebecca Durham sagoe
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
Any little child will LOVE this book! It's engaging because it's 3D, but also the pictures will need explaining to a child. Stories can be told with this book, and it will captivate a child's attention. Every home should have this book as part of their library!
Katrina
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore all of his books. I wasn't sure about this one because it looked so simple in the photos, but I should have known better! As always, his genius is in the movement and life (as well as creativity) he brings to his creations. Simply beautiful.
Morgan
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: february
I usually don't like pop-up books but this one I could definitely add to my home and classroom collection. It was cute and so well done. I loved the simplicity the words were but the popups were clear and simple. I still think pop-ups are fragile but this one was so unique and cute.
April Poulter
Feb 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: february
In this book each letter of the alphabet is portrayed with a popout. The popouts are intricate and beautiful! I really appreciated that the words/objects associated with each letter of the alphabet communicated the true meaning of Christmas and didn't just focus on Santa Clause and presents.
Anna
Nov 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly beautiful pop up pictures which illustrate symbols of Christmas.

My grandsons (3 and 5) loved opening the doors to the letters and discovering what was behind them.

Must use some care with the little ones, as the pops ups are intricate and somewhat fragile.

Highly recommended!
Nikki
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A lovely pop-up book -- Robert Sabuda is one of the foremost practitioners of this art. I tell myself I'm going to give this to my granddaughter when she's older, and I hope I will have the fortitude to do so!
Amy
Dec 22, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Excellent for preschoolers.... just be careful. Most pages are pretty sturdy & can be taped back into place if a little one grabs them.
Janice
Jan 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I have the original version of this book and both my grandson and I love it so much we read it all year. Great art work!
Mary
Sep 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love his flap books as well as his pop ups
Samantha Westall
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Adorable Christmas alphabet pop-up book.
April
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is great for children. It has intricate cut-out pop ups that are beautiful. It would be a cute book to use in a classroom.
Mckinley
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely done. A cut out for every letter based on a Christmas theme.
Austin
May 24, 2008 rated it liked it
A cool pop up book about Christmas. Some of the pop ups were pretty intricate.
Ashley
Feb 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 02-fantasy
I love this book! It is so cute that you open up each door and see a pop out for the letter. It is truly really interesting and I enjoy it very much.
Brooke Peal
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holidays
Awesome art, something kids would enjoy, but could possibly destroy
Marianne
Mar 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
AMAZING! What more can I say?!
Dayna
Dec 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Found this for a song at a book sale. What a deal!!

This is a beautiful book of pop up pieces (mostly in white) that depict Christmas through each letter of the alphabet.
Eloise
Dec 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books, own
My very first Robert Sabuda pop-up book. His books never cease to amaze me.
Debby Baumgartner
Simple pop-up Christmas cards by Sabuda
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • An Orange for Frankie
  • Humphreys First Christmas
  • Drummer Boy
  • Can You See What I See?: The Night Before Christmas: Picture Puzzles to Search and Solve
  • The Story of Christmas
  • Santa Calls
  • The Christmas Magic
  • Star Wars: A Pop-Up Guide to the Galaxy
  • Mary Engelbreit's A Merry Little Christmas: Celebrate from A to Z
  • Mooseltoe
  • Auntie Claus
  • Eggs, 1, 2, 3: Who Will The Babies Be?
  • The Spirit of Christmas
  • I'll Be Home For Christmas (Toot & Puddle)
  • Samurai Santa: A Very Ninja Christmas
  • The Dolls' Christmas
  • Santa Mouse
  • Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect
Robert Sabuda is internationally acclaimed for his stunning pop-up books, including America the Beautiful and The 12 Days of Christmas. He is also the illustrator of Chanukah Lights by Michael J. Rosen. Robert Sabuda lives in New York City.
More about Robert Sabuda...