Start by marking “Street Justice” as Want to Read:
Street Justice

Street Justice

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  157 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
From the streets of Brooklyn to the set of Oz. From Hells Angel to celebrity bodyguard. The revealing autobiography of an American man.

Chuck Zito comes by his reputation honestly as one of the toughest, most uncompromising men ever to sit astride a Harley. Now, with tales both hilarious and chilling, violent and truthful, Zito tell his life story in his own words.

From grow
Published December 17th 2003 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published October 16th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Street Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Street Justice

Cwn_annwn_13
Chuck Zito is a long time Hells Angel, bodyguard to celebrities and an actor who plays tough guy roles. The content in this is more or less Zito talking about his love of motorcycles, boxing, martial arts, life in the Hells Angels, his work as a bodyguard to various celebrities and his stint in prison, including a humorous recollection of being detained in a Japanese prison while awaiting extradition to face charges back in the states. Besides that LOTS of recollections of street and bar fights. ...more
Christopher
Looking through My Books, I noticed an author who's been stomped by a Hells Angel (that would be Hunter S. Thompson) but I've never actually read a book BY a Hells Angel.

First got wind of Chuck via Howard Stern, and then via the prison drama Oz, where he played Chucky Pancamo, the head of the guineas (that'd be my gang if I were ever unlucky enough to be incarcerated - but lucky enough to be somewhere in the Northeast where my ethnicity might come in handy to avoid being instantly shanked, or w
Zach Murphy
This is a very interesting book. After all, violence is an interesting subject. As the title suggests, Mr. Zito has dispensed plenty of street justice. He is a Hell's Angel and a martial-arts expert. I'd give the book five stars, but I took one off becasue I don't find Mr. Zito to be likable. I also took off a star for two too many nipples in the cover photo. I'd call him a boastful thug, but I wouldn't want to give him a reason to come after me.
TCPils
Aug 27, 2009 rated it liked it
Chuck Zito - He beats people up.
Okay, there's more to his story than that, but in essence that's what he does. He beats people up. The book chronicles his life from a child in Brooklyn to his rise in the ranks of the Hell's Angels and his career as a bodyguard for movie stars. Along the way he beats people up.
Jason
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick and easy read-and endlessly fascinating. Mr. Zito has lead a varied, interesting and exciting life (at times too exciting). He's a no bullshit kind of guy who is who he is and makes no apologies (nor should he). As one of my favorite characters from HBO's Oz, I was thrilled to get to know this man a little better, and I'm glad I read his memoir.
Eddie
Feb 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I have read in a while. Autobiography of a Chuck Zito, Hells Angel, bodyguard, former boxer and all around rough neck. Tales of going to prison, growing up in a rough neighborhood and beating up Jean-Claude Van Damme.
Jordan Bradford
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Chuck Zito is who he is, and I found this to be one of the best autobiographies I've read in sometime, simply because he doesn't try and color his life or actions, He just gives a straightforward and highly interesting account of his life. Highly reccomended.
Ann
May 05, 2009 rated it liked it
I enjoyed his story, but not necessarily his ego.
Samuel Vogt
Not bad. The machismo factor really appealed to my inner tough guy.
Jeremy Burtt
May 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not many that embody that old school sense of honor that he captured.
Jay
Jul 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful autobiography. If you like Chuck Zito, or enjoy reading about motorcycles, or motorcycle clubs, or the hells angels, you'll really enjoy this book.
Desiree Manning
Aug 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like true life crime, motorcycles, hardships, and sacrifices this book is for you! I would not have thought this book was as good as it was by the cover.
Stephan
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read. Pick it up.
Sherri Miller
May 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

I really enjoyed this book. He tells it like it is regardless and it made for a really good read
Dawn Craig
I met Chuck at a horror convention in New Jersey in October, so I thought I'd grab his book. Great guy and so far the book is good too.
Brandon Hoffman
  • The Grapes of Ralph: Wine According to Ralph Steadman
  • A Different Kind of Intimacy: The Collected Writings
  • The Sexual Outlaw: A Documentary
  • Short Eyes: A Play
  • Hell's Angel: The Life and Times of Sonny Barger and the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club
  • The Rosy Crucifixion: Sexus, Plexus, Nexus
  • Don Quixote (which was a dream)
  • Where's My F*cking Latte? (and Other Stories about Being an Assistant in Hollywood)
  • A Wayward Angel: The Full Story of the Hells Angels
  • License to Pawn: Deals, Steals, and My Life at the Gold & Silver
  • Public Sex: The Culture of Radical Sex
  • Candy
  • If He Hollers Let Him Go
Chuck Zito is an actor, stuntman, martial artist, and former Hell's Angel.

More about Chuck Zito...

“One other note on this same subject. Think about it logically. If the trafficking of methamphetamine and other narcotics is such a spectacularly efficient and profitable business endeavor for the Hells Angels ... if we’re moving hundreds of millions of dollars of this shit all over the world . . . then why are so many of our members dead fucking broke?” 0 likes