Start by marking “The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life” as Want to Read:

4.15  ·  Rating details ·  410 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Dear Friend,

Twenty years ago, I made a decision to wake up and alter the direction of my life. This set in motion a series of events that proved to me there are no coincidences. Every event we experience and every person we meet has been put in our path for a reason. When we awaken to this fundamental truth, we begin to understand that a benevolent force of energy is ava
Published February 1st 2006 by Free Press (first published February 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Unmistakable Touch of Grace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unmistakable Touch of Grace

Monica Newman
Jul 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
I am re-reading this book (3rd or 4th time?) to remind myself to remain open to the challenges of unemployment. It also reminds me to be of service to others, as all of us un/under-employed people are having to take a closer look at who we really are, as opposed to who we thought we were, in terms of being "identified" by our jobs.
Stacie Lindsey
Aug 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
I'm not an Oprahette, so I didn't realize until I was well into this book that it had been one of hers.

This is a great book. I'm apparently stuck in the genre anyway and this was a good one. I don't usually like exercises at the end of chapters, I'm too impatient to actually work through them. All these months of meditating must be paying off as I actually took time to think about and ponder on many.
Karissa
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful read about how to ask for & become aware of the touch of grace in our lives. Lots of good resources for future reading & study.
Holly Rose
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm on board but so hard to do as a busy working mom. So many authors of these types of books don't have kids!
Erin
Apr 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who are ready for more peace in their lives
Recommended to Erin by: Caroline
A friend recommended this book to me at a time this spring when I'd received some devastating news. Talk about an unmistakable touch of grace. :) She left me first a note with the title and author and then later a copy of the book on my desk so I could check it out, which I did. It took me a while to get through it--this is not a hard read, but it does require some thought, so it's not a quick read.

Richardson tells many stories throughout the book about her experiences and those of her clients
Diane
Jan 15, 2009 rated it liked it
"In The Unmistakable Touch of Grace, bestselling author Cheryl Richardson (Take Time for Your Life and Life Makeovers) moves away from advice about tangible topics, and shares with readers her twenty-year journey of discovery about how the benevolent energy of the Universe, which she calls "the unmistakable grace" works to shape our lives and guide us towards our ultimate spiritual destiny.

According to Richardson, there is a Higher Power that has our best interest at heart and uses grace to guid
Tiffany Young
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Cheryl Richardson's book "The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life" includes many examples of grace in her own life and others as well as practices to put in place to accept grace into your life.

One of the practices that I'd like to include more of is being silent, or meditating. Another practice that I hope to do more of is to show others kindness, in small and big ways.

In addition to examples, Cheryl offers questions or exercise at
Deb
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Can't say enough good things about this woman - luckily, had the opportunity to meet her earlier this month (when I bought the book). I had gone to the second day of the Hay House "I Can Do It" program in Barb's place and was listening to her presentation when I realized I had one of her other books on my bookshelf. Later, I realized I get an e-mail from her every week. Until that point, hadn't realized they were one and the same person, either. Afterward, spoke with her (and got the books signe ...more
Lisa
Aug 04, 2008 rated it liked it
I have a lot of respect for Cheryl Richardson and the work she has done to help people over the years, and I appreciate her non-judgmental perspective on spirituality. This book is basically a collection of examples illustrating how to create a more peaceful, joyful, harmonious life by being open/receptive to the positive influence of a higher power, however you choose to define it. I seem to be drawn to authors who support the concept of personal responsibility in creating one’s own reality &am ...more
Andrea Thorpe
Dec 07, 2014 rated it liked it
I was given this book by a friend directly coinciding with my divorce after 11 years of marriage. Ironically, the moment I decided to divorce was a very "grace-filled" moment in a yoga class where I had complete and utter clarity and control of my life for the first time in years. I read this book about 9 months after that moment and connected to the strength of moments in our lives that alter the entire path we take. I believe in what Cheryl speaks of here. I also feel that I have been a spirit ...more
Ana
May 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book is wonderful!! I didn't get so much into her other book "Take Time for Your Life," even though is pretty good and definitely accomplishes what it sets out to do, that one is more business-like. This one is All heart and soul. It is uplifting and heartwarming. When I first read everything in my life was making sense so it just heightened my feeling of having been touched by grace. I didn't know then that about a month after I finished it my life was going to radically change and that bo ...more
Kelly Sudsbury
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I took my time with this book - months of reading and re-reading before I finished it. It is dog - eared and highlighted and quoted in my journal. There are tabs everywhere. There is so much to learn from this book about how to live life to its fullest.

Definitely eye opening and a light for me. Every time I read a passage I am inspired.

The interesting thing about this experience for me is I am an atheist and do not believe in a God. However I believe in a universe and a journey I am destined to
Missy/Melissa
Feb 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Sounds a little regligious but the author does a good job of keeping things more "spiritual" and recognizing everyone sees Grace in their own way, whether it's God, Allah, The Universe, or your own intuition. I like the concept of there being no coincidences and that everything does happen with a reason. Events and people you know (or even just briefly meet) do have a lesson or message. Kinda makes that irritating co-worker a little more tolerable.
Diana
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
An overview of the many approaches to spirituality via different religions . Some very useful exercises to expand one's spiritual awareness as well as suggested reading material. As one who's tried many times and failed at meditation, I particularly found useful her advice: pick one method and stick with it.
Betty Garcia
Dec 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the book! This quoted from Cheryl Richardson best describes what the book is about. "Every event we experience and every person we meet has intentionally been put in our path to help us lead a more conscious and fullfilled lives. They are blessings in disguise, gifts that make you stronger, more conscious, and ultimately, more alive" - Cheryl Richardson. Will read the book again.
Heather Hamlin
Aug 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Decent book. Each chapter has a nice resource section with websites and recommended reads for further information on the topic. I enjoyed the latter chapters as I found them more personally applicable.
Nicole
Feb 20, 2007 rated it really liked it
This book is a practical guide to finding how grace is operating in your life. It explains how the universe sends you unmistakeable signs to let you know if you are on track to living the life you are meant to live. A very inspirational read.
T J
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one of Cheryl Richardson's earlier books but it was an excellent read. It shows grace in from a different viewpoint and I loved the experiments after each chapter. If you want to make a positive change in your life, this is a good book to start with.
Tania P
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
I sure read this book at the right time. Lots of great insights, further reading suggestions and exercises to explore grace further. I tried suggestion 1 under How To Use This Book (page 255), and was floored.
Pat
Feb 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Cheryl reaches out and touches the reader on every page. Her spiritual journey parallels certain moments of my own, and beckons to me at the same time. I often stop to just think things thru as I read...
Jen Lawrence
Jun 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book and the audio book. If you are looking to introduce more spirituality in your life, this is the book for you.
Cathy
Feb 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
So far very inspiring - helps to think about things in a more positive way. Also has lots of references to other books I'd like to read.
Lisa
Oct 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Has some experiments at the end of each chapter to help you start to see the grace that is in your life. Something we all need to take time and do and give thanks for that grace.
Sara
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book tries to help us identify the little ways that we are shown grace in our everyday lives. It as comforting in a time that I did not feel there was much grace in my life.
Cindy D
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
it's a great!I've given it to several of my friends!
Debbie
Apr 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy Cheryl's writing, which is mostly coaching with a spiritual center. I like her stuff.
Michelle
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After the unexpected & tragic death of my brother, if it wasn't for this book I would have checked myself into the funny farm. i still go back a read parts of it when having a grief filled day
Brenda Grizzle
May 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. I keep you handy when I need a lift.
Denise
Jan 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
My sister Traci recommended this and I really enjoyed it. I also found this hopeful and spiritual.
Kristen
Mar 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Great book!
  • Soul Love: Awakening Your Heart Centers (Soul Life, #1)
  • The Ten Things to Do When Your Life Falls Apart: An Emotional and Spiritual Handbook
  • Energetic Boundaries: How to Stay Protected and Connected in Work, Love, and Life
  • You Can Create An Exceptional Life
  • Everyday Grace: Having Hope, Finding Forgiveness And Making Miracles
  • Living Through the Meantime: Learning to Break the Patterns of the Past and Begin the Healing Process
  • Ask Your Guides: Connecting to Your Divine Support System
  • The Not So Big Life: Making Room for What Really Matters
  • Keys to the Kingdom: Celebrating Men, Satisfying Women
  • Love for No Reason: 7 Steps to Creating a Life of Unconditional Love
  • Divine Guidance: How to Have a Dialogue with God and Your Guardian Angels
  • Healing Mantras: Using Sound Affirmations for Personal Power, Creativity, and Healing (Book & CD)
  • The Spontaneous Healing of Belief: Shattering the Paradigm of False Limits
  • Tarot for Writers
  • Getting in the Gap
  • The Best Year of Your Life: Dream It, Plan It, Live It
  • Glad No Matter What: Transforming Loss and Change into Gift and Opportunity
  • Power of the Soul: Inside Wisdom for an Outside World
Cheryl Richardson is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of several books including: Take Time for Your Life, Life Makeovers, Stand Up for Your Life, The Unmistakable Touch of Grace, The Art of Extreme Self Care, You Can Create an Exceptional Life (with Louise Hay), and her new book, Waking Up in Winter: In Search of What Really Matters at Midlife. Her work has been covered widely in the media ...more
More about Cheryl Richardson