Start by marking “Same Soul, Many Bodies: Discover the Healing Power of Future Lives through Progression Therapy” as Want to Read:

The bestselling author of Many Lives, Many Masters breaks new ground to reveal how progression therapy into future lives can help transform us in the present.

How often have you wished you could peer into the future? In Same Soul, Many Bodies, Brian L. Weiss, M.D., shows us how. Through envisioning our lives to come, we can influence their outcome and use this process to
Audiobook, 0 pages
Published November 1st 2004 by Simon Schuster Audio (first published 2004)

Start your review of Same Soul, Many Bodies: Discover the Healing Power of Future Lives through Progression Therapy
Wellington
This is the book – or more specifically the book signing that led me to make an appointment with Valerie. It’s a fascinating story line in my life but there are better and clearer stories in Same Soul, Many Bodies.

Brian Weiss while looking into past lives noticed that sometimes people talk about the future as well! It’s impossible to verify the truth of the future like the past. In his interpretation, the future is not concrete but an infinite number of possibilities and choices. It is mind
Abbey
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love reading books like this not because I agree with everything he writes but because I believe in the possibility of it. It also reminds me to not be judgemental of others journey and beliefs. The insistence of religion is fear of not knowing. I don't mind not knowing. Also, I would like to live in a world where we are all progressing toward compassion and love, so it seems like a nice possibility. Whether or not he met Jesus Christ is debatable and I wish it didn't, but it ruined his ...more
Julie Achterhoff
This is a fascinating book on past and future life regression by a well respected psychologist. He gives case studies of a few well-chosen clients. It was very interesting to learn how helpful regression can be to people. They regress to a past life and are then able to understand their current lives more clearly. It can actually make huge positive changes in their current lives.
What interested me the most was the progressions into the future. A lot of them had strikingly similarities for
Claire McAlpine
I was given this to read on a day I had to take two flights and sit for hours in an airport and it was the perfect read, with lots of interesting case studies delving into the benefit of using past life regression to uncover and heal from blockages or recurring patterns that keep people back from progressing in their lives.

It is fascinating how the hypnotic process can access/create stories that make it easier for the individual to identity their own patterns in a way that the intellect/ego
Linda
Feb 20, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My mom's gotten into new age stuff, and I borrowed this one from her. It's hard to believe in reincarnation, much less the multiple universe of souls and the "Masters" that the author talks about. Yet, if his stories about what people experience under hypnosis is even half true... then it's really amazing. As he notes, it doesn't matter if people really experienced those past or future lives; but the metaphor and the emotions they gain from those insights can and often does heal their current ...more
Stacey M
Feb 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic book by Brian Weiss. I am a complete believer in reincarnation after reading almost all of his books. He once was a complete skeptic, but after too much evidence of continued lives in different roles with the same spirit groups could no longer deny patient after patient regressing and progressing to past and now future lives. Again, the message, it is all about love.
Saiisha
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever since I started my blog, I find that I'm having to defend any topics of conversation regarding reincarnation even though that's only incidental to the rest of the topics I talk about. (Not the people who follow my blog - they happen to be in alignment with what I'm talking about, but others who run into this topic from an outside perspective.)

What is it about reincarnation that rubs some people the wrong way? It's just a belief, like any other. None of us really know without experiencing
Sarba Roy
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A powerful book, one that has the ability to change one's perspective about life as a whole. It is not preachy, nor are the ideas forceful, yet this book grows within oneself, like a tree with million branches. It opens the gates of one's mind and add beauty to one's life!

A must read for anyone who is way too troubled by the petty troubles in one's life and is seeking greater understanding and the big-picture thinking.
Ryan Tilley
Nov 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everybody is familiar with past life regression; however, I was not enlightened about future progression both within a current lifetime and lives to come. The Utopian vision in about a thousand years sounds awesome. Too bad many don't realize that they create their own reality and can change their karma and their lives for the better by replacing fear and doubt with love and faith.
Priya Pile
This book is good but not as good as Many Live, Many Masters. I kind of had an issue with one case, where his patient is a Pakistani girl 500 years ago. But, there was no Pakistan 500 years ago! Pakistan didn't come into being until August, 1947. Just curious.
Kurt Thonnings
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just LOVE these kinds of books. Call me crazy, but could there be something to this? I've read his "Many Live, Many Masters" a few years ago on recommendation from my sister. Wonderful reading.
Shivali Sharma
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are among those who think that there exist nothing like doreamon's time machine, then wait. Dr.Brian Weiss explained about the techniques of regression and progression in this book. He puts forward the stories of his various patients who underwent the regression and progression techniques. And this doctor cured his hopeless patients and made them more optimistic beings through regression. All the stories mentioned in the book are pretty much interesting and captivating. Author's writing ...more
Ayushi Goel
Oct 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not the same person I was, after reading this book. I am blessed to have read boooks written by Dr. Brian Weiss. Its my third book by Dr. Weiss. And honestly, I have only improved,,,always,, And will keep progressing towards Oneness !!
Roma
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: Same Soul, Many Bodies

Author: Dr. Brian Weiss

Length: 226 pages

Publisher: Piatkus

Genre: Non-Fiction

My rating: 4.5/5

Summary:

This book by Dr. Brian Weiss describes the experiences of his patients when he did a Progression Therapy on them along with Regression.

My Take:

I still maintain that Dr. Brian Weiss’s first book Many Lives, Many Masters changed the way I looked at life. It bought me more positivity, more patience, more compassion and I became more giving coz that’s what we get life for.
Konark Antani
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good book if you're into spirituality, or psychoanalysis mixed with spirituality. Also, if you want to read about past life regression as a tool to heal yourself by looking into your past and future lives and how they are intertwined together, I would recommend it.
I would, however, recommend reading Many Lives, Many Masters first.
Irene
Jan 11, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: total-bs
bible book
Melissa
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As usual, another winner by Dr. Brian Weiss. If you're into past life-regression, check this one out for some progressions as well. Wish I could go see him in October in NYC!
Tuyet
The rating would depend on whether you believe in reincarnation or not.
Helen
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It gave more insights about the ways in which we live our lives. It is the third book by Brian Weiss that I have read, so it did seem a little repetitive with some of the others, but it was interesting how he used future life progression to help people make choices about the type of human they want to be in this life. It reminded me a lot of a real life A Christmas Carol with Scrooge getting to see how his future would progress if he stayed on his current path. Weiss’ ...more
Debbie
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal-growth
Some books just hit you because of where you are in life at that very moment. "Same Soul, Many Bodies" did just that. I have been a fan of Dr. Weiss' work since I read his first book, "Many Masters, Many Lives," but this one really spoke to my spirit because of where I stand right now.

As we face the imminent death of my cherished aunt, pages 10 & 11 absolutely walloped me over the head. Dr. Weiss talks about patients preparing to die and seeing long-deceased loved ones waiting for them. This
Karen
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While the first book from this author was interesting to me, this one felt a bit preachy. The author, a self-proclaimed man of science, offers only anecdotal "evidence" of lives that go on after death. I read the first book many years ago and didn't have a problem with the concept of having lived before. But in this book, the author takes his hypnotized patients into possible future lives to help them get a handle on this one. I found that to be a bit hokey and he goes on and on about how to ...more
Deepak
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was thinking what more can Dr Brian Weiss add other than past life regression studies in this book but once I went on with the book I just couldn't put it down. The post life progression studies in the book captivated as I read the book in one single sitting. The case study wherein the author encounters a person who came to earth a 100 thousand years back as an alien stumbled my belief of evolution and our present studies on the subject. The author has very beautifully emphasised the ...more
Richa
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brian Weiss is one of my favourite. Coming from a Hindu religion background, it is very simple to accept souls, reincarnation concept. Many Master Many lives..was a great read.
But Same Soul Many Bodies, opens my mindset. It's so beautiful to realize the relation between being victimized and being victim. How to break this relation. While, i am still not sure , that future can be really seen, but definitely , how our current choices , affect the future is so nicely written.

Brian is a great story
Mary
May 18, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: psychotherapists & new-agers
Recommended to Mary by: Randy
If the idea of hypnotically regressing to past lives sounds hokey, then the idea of PROGRESSING to future lives is just over the top! But a friend whose judgment I respect recommended this book, so I gave it a try. While the author believes in reincarnation, he doesn't force his beliefs. He suggests you can take this method as a Jungian-based therapy (my interpretation wherein the patient explores his/her archetypes through hypnosis, projecting future selves that might result from the patient's ...more
Dhaval Mehta
Jul 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whether you believe in reincarnation or not this book is an eye opener. The catharsis of each of the different patients of Dr. Weiss' is as entertaining as it is inspiring. If you know that past lives exist and the relationships and places and even preoccupations we have in this life carry forward, then you'll be delighted by the details.
If you're a non-believer you'll still be inspired to introspect all of your personal existing relationships and question your decisions as you go about your
Kevin
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-books
The book is readable but as a host of well fabricated 'true-lies'!! Please have a look at one of such, " A third regression, which took place a week later, showed us a different facet of the same theme of violence and abandonment. This time she was a Pakistani girl living in a small wooden house some five hundred years ago."

My God, there was no Pakistan five hundred years ago!!! Pakistan was formed in 1947!!!???
Michele
Jul 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Skeptic or believer, this book makes you think. Being of an open mind, my imagination got quite a workout over the 24 hours it took me to read. I appreciate that the author takes a very realistic view of his own work; I was able to respect him and enjoyed his humble voice. Overall, the stories rang true, whether in a literal or metaphorical sense. I ordered more of Weiss's books, so he succeeded in piquing my curiosity and making me eager to further my understanding of his work.
Susan Burris
Dec 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book sounds really out there and maybe it it is. But at a time when I was struggling with faith and finding comfort in this life; the one place I found it was this book. Something about Weiss' style makes his theories and experiences REAL and easily adoptable. The messages change the way that I look at life. This book profoundly changed the way I was feeling.
Nicole Marie
Oct 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Same Soul Many Bodies, like all Weiss' books, is both thought provoking and inspiring. It was a bit more dense at times and I found myself needing to put it down every once in a while simply to absorb and wrap my head around everything. It will be a book I refer back to again and again. I absolutely loved it!
Iroquois
Though it was difficult to follow at times I learned a lot. I think it took me so long to read this book bc there were so many new and foreign concepts I had to process. But after doing so I feel like there are some really important lessons. I'm enjoying reading all Dr Weiss' work.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
i don know how to read a book here help me with procedures .......... 1 31 Mar 04, 2012 08:14PM

• Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives
  • Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives
  • Soul Stories
  • The Celestine Vision: Living the New Spiritual Awareness
  • Talking to Heaven: A Medium's Message of Life After Death
  • Your Soul's Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born
  • Life After Life: The Investigation of a Phenomenon - Survival of Bodily Death
  • Hidden Messages in Water
  • The Seat of the Soul
  • Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul
  • Conversations With God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 3
  • Memories of the Afterlife: Life-Between-Lives Stories of Personal Transformation
  • Hands of Light: A Guide to Healing Through the Human Energy Field
  • Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential
  • Edgar Cayce: The Sleeping Prophet
  • Saved by the Light: The True Story of a Man Who Died Twice and the Profound Revelations He Received
  • The Lightworker's Way: Awakening Your Spirtual Power to Know and Heal
  • Heal Your Body: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them
As a traditional psychotherapist, Dr. Brian Weiss was astonished and skeptical when one of his patients began recalling past-life traumas that seemed to hold the key to her recurring nightmares and anxiety attacks. His skepticism was eroded, however, when she began to channel messages from "the space between lives," which contained remarkable revelations about Dr. Weiss's family and his dead son. ...more
“The number of days and years one lives on Earth is insignificant. It’s the quality of those days and years that’s important, quality measured in loving acts and achieved wisdom. ‘Some people do more good in one day than others do in a hundred years.’ This is their message. ‘Every soul, every person is precious. Every person helped, every life aided or saved, is immeasurably valuable.” 19 likes
“The important question regarding spirituality is not which God you follow but are you true to your soul? Are you living a spiritual life? Are you a kind person here on earth, getting joy from your existence, causing no harm, and doing good to others?” 19 likes