Start by marking “Transmetropolitan, Vol. 10: One More Time (New Edition)” as Want to Read:
Transmetropolitan, Vol. 10: One More Time (New Edition)

Transmetropolitan, Vol. 10: One More Time (Transmetropolitan #10)

4.51  ·  Rating details ·  9,667 Ratings  ·  184 Reviews
The final volume in the saga of outlaw journalist Spider Jerusalem written by comics superstar Warren Ellis.At last, it's the final showdown between Spider and the absolutely corrupt President of the United States in this new printing of the finale to the classic dystopian saga from Vertigo.
Published August 23rd 2011 by Vertigo (first published June 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Transmetropolitan, Vol. 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Transmetropolitan, Vol. 10

Patrick
Dec 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I grow up, I want to be Spider Jerusalem.
Sesana
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This is it, the end of the road for Transmet, and Callahan, and Spider. Maybe Ellis fooled me, but I had the distinct feeling while reading this that he'd had much of the ending planned from very early on in the series. There are so many little things that come back around to have an impact, large or small. Or maybe he's just really good at juggling details on the fly, I don't know. Callahan's fall was satisfying, even if one element had been done before. I especially loved watching regular back ...more
Ivan
This is the end of the road, and what a crazy ride it was.Dark, satirical and hilarious, it's one of the best graphic novels I read and now it's over.

Spider you insane bastard I will miss you.
Benoit Lelièvre
I give the final volume of TRANSMETROPOLITAN five stars based on three principles: 1) This series is a required reading for young and feeble minds in the age where spectacle and real issues have become indistinguishable. 2) It goes back to the series' roots of breaking down the power of media in entertaining and unforceful ways and 3) there actually is over 100 pages of bonus material in my edition so it's cool.

But what have I thought of TRANSMETROPOLITAN's ending? It was all right. Maybe the fi
HFK
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphics, paidkindle
I say goodbye to this perfection with a satisfied brilliancy that the ending brought to my pleasurable journey.

Thank you Warren Ellis, thank you.

Joni
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fin del viaje por el universo fatídico de Transmetropolitan con un cierre perfecto. No voy a dar muchos detalles pero todo lo que pasa está muy bien, incluso el suspenso de las últimas escenas encuadran en lo que fue toda la tirada de 60 entregas y para completar este volumen final dos extras, I hate it here y Filth of the city que serían como un libro de trayectoria, cada página o doble página dibujada por un artista distinto, una galería de nombres de primera línea que son el moño de uno de lo ...more
Negativni
Aug 11, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Uh! Ovo je bilo veliko razočarenje..

Transmetropolitan sam počeo čitati nakon odličnog Y: The Last Man series koji me iznenadio složenom radnjom i kvalitetom kojom je napisan. Tražio sam nešto "slično" a Transmetropolitan je iskakao na sve strane pa sam njega uzeo čitati.

Transmetropolitan naravno nije sličan Y: The Last Manu, nego možda Lobou, ako se dobro sjećam tog stripa, tu mislim ponajviše na "ultranasilje" kako to Amerikanci vole reći.

Glavni lik Transmetropolitana je Spider koji je pljunu
Sam Quixote
Jun 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spider and the Smiler meet up for a final "interview" and the fate of Spider and his brain disease is revealed.

Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson end the series in the tone of the books that went before it, with the kind of bravado and knack for compelling storytelling readers have come to expect from this duo and "One More Time" is a fitting end to this brilliant character.

I will say that I felt the showdown with Spider and Smiler, while satisfying, was a bit uninventive in how Spider brings Smi
Craig
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great, fitting end to an ultimately brilliant series. I don't know why it took me so long to get to this, since Ellis is one of my favorite writers, but I'm glad I did. Amazingly prescient throughout--the story of outlaw journalist Spider Jerusalem vs. "the Smiler," a psychotic president, has some amazing parallels to what's going on around us daily, with each new outrage of the Trump administration. Hopefully, there's someone out there to take on the Spider role in the current battle, too. A co ...more
Jedi JC Daquis
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review will not go into the political theses that the whole series is shoving into its readers, for it may take a very, very long essay just for me to express how much Transmetropolitan reflects the political landscape, its limitations and how much more complex reality is. Transmetropolitan for the most part captures all the stench that us people would simply not smell, the ugly details in our own city and the scandals that might have transpired in our governement that we immediately forget ...more
Chris (The Genre Fiend)
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Personally, I couldn't have asked for a better ending.
Michelle M
Artemy
Jun 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, 5stars, vertigo
That was awesome. Oh man. I can't believe I resisted for so long and at first hated this series. It is brilliant. And the ending is absolutely perfect.
It is a bit surprising to see such a long-running comic to not loose its pace and momentum until the very last page. Bravo, Mr. Ellis, bravo, Mr. Robertson.
Becky
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Well ended. I really enjoyed this series. Spider is a horrible, wonderful man.
Titas
A fitting finale.

Detailed review soon (maybe)
Jeraviz
Oct 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haciendo una valoración general, es una obra maestra. Por los temas que trata, por cómo lo trata y porque a pesar de los años sigue vigente lo que critica, por desgracia.
Harían falta muchos Spider Jerusalem hoy en día para salvarnos de la situación en la que está metido el mundo en la actualidad.
Joshua
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an great and perfect end to an amazing series. Got nothing else. Read the fucker.
William Blake
Jan 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spider Jerusalem is an intensely appealing anti-hero in the comics world; without superpowers other than an energetic disregard for propriety and a monumental tolerance for intoxicants, he battles a corrupt government in a hyper-urban environment with the help of his filthy assistants. Seriously: what's not to love? He's as gritty as Batman but much funnier. He's as out there as Cole's most outrageous runs on Plastic Man, but grittier. Get it?

But this really is the sort of book perfectly suited
Robin
Jun 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comicbook, 2015
I love the way they ended this series. I will say no more, lest I give something away.

Reread the whole series over a weekend in 2015. So damn good.

It's funny. I first started reading Transmet in 2000 because my then-boyfriend was super into it. (I still consider Transmet to be one of the only good things I got out of that relationship.) But it was an incredible experiment to reread the whole series in a few days in 2015, over a decade after this last trade paperback was released. Reading the fi
Trin
Dec 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I have to take back all the mean things I said earlier this year about Warren Ellis. I still don’t get what the big deal with The Authority is, or why his runs on Iron Man or Hellblazer are so great, but this—this I get. This I love. Spider Jerusalem is fucked up and sexy and brilliant—my first real comics crush in years (and guys with too many tattoos are going to have a much better chance with me until it wears off, so thank Ellis for that, boys). Channon and Yelena, his filthy assist ...more
Erika
Jan 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
This was an excellent ending to a fascinating and engaging series, one of the best science fiction stories I've read in a long time.
If I were to have any quibble at all it would be that the final confrontation felt rushed but then everything felt rushed leading up to that point as things started happening faster and faster so it may be more that then anything. I found many of the themes in the book, as I saw them, fascinating. The importance of media and journalism in holding our leaders to task
Reid
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy shit, what a series. It amazes me how much high quality content Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson pack into this fantastic series. Whether its expertly written dialogue, immersive art or charmingly terrible characters, Transmetropolitan always delievers.

The final volume of Transmetropolitan had me hooked for sure; however I thought that volumes 8 and 9 were better overall. The build up to the climax throughout volumes 8 and 9 were more enjoyable than the ending itself.

A fitting end to one o
Donald Armfield
This comic series is an insane world that Warren Ellis explains so engrossing. Darick Robertson the main artist really knows how to draw out the bizarre mind of Spider Jerusalem and the strange world that Warren Ellis brings us.

The series is about a lunatic journalist who hates the world around him. The president is his main target who he tries to pretty much take a dump on. With his filthy assistants by his side its a read you will never forget
Aaron
Aug 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Granted I started reading this series a good 5 years after it had completed its run, but still, finishing this final volume knowing there's no more to come makes me sad. I can only reenter the City now by rereading previous volumes (which I'm sure I'll do). Everything about this series is perfect. The thoroughly-imagined world, the incomparable Spider Jerusalem, the harsh satire, and the punch-you-in-the-nuts art. Ellis turned journalism into an action movie.
Lionel
This was an amazing run. It was written 15 years ago and everything said is still true. The Smiler kind of made me think of Donald Trump running for presidency. This is the kind of comics everybody should read
Jonas Cannon
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easily the best comic book series I have ever read.
Chris Maurer
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
one of the best ever
BellaGBear
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an ending :D. Usually I am a bit disappointed with the ending of long series, but this one is good.

Can't wait to read the whole thing again on actual paper this time.
Steven Guitink
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a very rare day when I give something 5 stars. To me, 5 stars means perfect, untouchable, completely flawless in every way. Usually there's a reason for that. Sometimes its because I'm in a good mood. Sometimes its because I've just mainlined liquified onion peels directly into my eyeballs. And sometimes it's because I genuinely think something is that good.

What?.....the onion peels? It was a rough day. My Burmese Python had just eaten itself.

Anyway Transmetropolitan.

I'll admit, I share a
Clare Fitzgerald
The tenth and final volume of Warren EllisTransmetropolitan graphic novel series is Transmetropolitan, Vol. 10: One More Time, which is a terrible title because every time I look at the cover of this volume I get Daft Punk’s song of the same name stuck in my head. Which, I suppose, is appropriate, because Spider Jerusalem is pretty punk and definitely daft.

Despite the title it is a fantastic book and a fantastic end to the series. Spider defeats Callahan with THE POWER OF JOURNALISM, which
Maybe it's the space dust, but... 3 34 Jan 16, 2016 04:55AM
  • The Invisibles, Vol. 6: Kissing Mister Quimper
  • Preacher, Volume 8: All Hell's a-Coming
  • Lucifer, Vol. 9: Crux
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 8: The Hard Way
  • DMZ, Vol. 5: The Hidden War
Warren Ellis is the award-winning writer of graphic novels like TRANSMETROPOLITAN, FELL, MINISTRY OF SPACE and PLANETARY, and the author of the NYT-bestselling GUN MACHINE and the “underground classic” novel CROOKED LITTLE VEIN. The movie RED is based on his graphic novel of the same name, its sequel having been released in summer 2013. His graphic novel GLOBAL FREQUENCY is in development at Jerry ...more
More about Warren Ellis...

Transmetropolitan (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 0: Tales of Human Waste  (Transmetropolitan, #0)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 1: Back on the Street (Transmetropolitan, #1)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 2: Lust for Life (Transmetropolitan, #2)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 3: Year of the Bastard (Transmetropolitan, #3)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 4: The New Scum (Transmetropolitan, #4)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 5: Lonely City (Transmetropolitan, #5)
  • Transmetropolitan: I Hate It Here
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 6: Gouge Away (Transmetropolitan, #6)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 7: Spider's Thrash (Transmetropolitan, #7)
  • Transmetropolitan: Filth of the City