Start by marking “Live It, Love It, Earn It: A Woman's Guide to Financial Freedom” as Want to Read:
Live It, Love It, Earn It: A Woman's Guide to Financial Freedom

Live It, Love It, Earn It: A Woman's Guide to Financial Freedom

3.4  ·  Rating details ·  89 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
"Part motivational, part personal finance...Olszewski seeks to first inspire before she walks you down the path to prosperity."
-"The Washington Post"

Marianna Olszewski didn't start out rich, happy, and fabulous. Strapped-for-cash beginnings motivated her to strive for abundance and financial independence-goals she exceeded by age thirty as the founder of a multimillion-do
Published December 31st 2009 by Portfolio (first published December 18th 2009)

Jul 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
I really love this book. It was like The Secret + a Suzy Ormond book. There was a lot of great advice. I dog-eared a lot of pages out of my library book, but I think I might just purchase this for future reference.

A great tool for anyone looking to save money, invest money, and get their finances together. There is even a wonderful section on how to start your own business.

What I liked best was the personal success stories scattered throughout that inspire and educate readers. There are also s
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016, finance
I thought this book would be more financial. Instead, it was more life-coachy, which is fine, but it was marketed (at least to me) as a personal finance book. One section was about personal finance, but the rest was really about how you think and other aspects of life that didn't seem to involve finance necessarily. I also learned that the author had some financial scandal a few years ago, which lowered her credibility in my eyes. After reading it all and comparing it to other personal finance b ...more
I'm looking forward to checking out the print version because the audio was really difficult for me to get through due to the authors reading style. Unfortunately, the website often referenced throughout the book is no longer available, so I'm hoping the book contains the worksheets that were described. UPDATE - I was able to find the worksheets using the web archive: You'll find the "Bonus Material" on the lower left of the page and most of them are stil ...more
Jul 24, 2012 rated it liked it
The book didn't have as many financial tips as I would have liked, or was hoping for, I enjoyed reading each of the women's personal experiences leading up to financial and business success. I wasn't much for the positive affirmations or practice exercises outlined in the book (just not my cup of tea).
Jan 11, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
While I found some of the information relating to investments and retirement funds to be useful, I thought that overall the book was poorly written. The 'girly-girl' theme was rather irritating and really took away from the information being presented. I would not recommend.
Oct 12, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Misleading title and synopsis for me...she has some inspirational points. Not the best self-help book for empowering women I've ever read, but not the worst either. Read if a friend can lend it to you...don't spend the money on it.
Feb 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
Completely condescending. Who cares if the author was anorexic/bulemic? What does that have to do with learning how to manage my money? Ack. I should have known better than to read a book geared towards women and finance. Back to Orman and Ramsey.
Tricia Perdigon
Jun 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Some things I don't agree with but all in all a solid read. :)
Therese Tetzel
Does the book contain a section on how to evade US taxes by putting large amounts of cash in secret shell accounts in Panama and othee countries like the author did?
Hayfa AlNuwaiser
Feb 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
If u like to learn how to make money in future, be seccusful .. It all about money and finance.
Jun 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very encouraging and made me feel optimistic :) Loved her visual board idea, and the chapter on acting as-if.
Apr 03, 2012
Jan 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Shoo, Jimmy Choo!: The Modern Girl's Guide to Spending Less and Saving More
  • Accounting Game: Basic Accounting Fresh from the Lemonade Stand
  • Small Time Operator: How to Start Your Own Business, Keep Your Books, Pay Your Taxes & Stay Out of Trouble (Small Time Operator: How to Start Your Own ... Keep Yourbooks, Pay Your Taxes, & Stay Ou)
  • One Year to an Organized Financial Life: From Your Bills to Your Bank Account, Your Home to Your Retirement, the Week-by-Week Guide to Achieving Financial Peace of Mind
  • Family Feasts for $75 a Week: A Penny-wise Mom Shares Her Recipe for Cutting Hundreds from Your Monthly Food Bill
  • Money Secrets of the Amish: Finding True Abundance in Simplicity, Sharing, and Saving
  • Secrets of a Working Dog: Unleash Your Potential and Create Success
  • The Money Class: Learn to Create Your New American Dream
  • Event Planning: The Ultimate Guide to Successful Meetings, Corporate Events, Fundraising Galas, Conferences, Conventions, Incentives and Other Special Events
  • Growing Strong Daughters: Encouraging Girls To Become All They're Meant To Be
  • Live a Little!: Breaking the Rules Won't Break Your Health
  • The Business Writer's Handbook
  • Money Girl's Smart Moves to Grow Rich
  • How to Work for an Idiot: Survive & Thrive Without Killing Your Boss
  • How to Save Money at Home: A Room-by-Room Guide to Cut Spending
  • Legal Guide for Starting and Running a Small Business
  • Networking Like a Pro: Turning Contacts Into Connections
  • When the World Calls: The Inside Story of the Peace Corps and Its First Fifty Years

Nonfiction Deals