Start by marking “Please, Ma'am” as Want to Read:
Please, Ma'am

Please, Ma'am

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  68 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Published May 4th 2010 by Cleis Press (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Please, Ma'am, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Please, Ma'am

D.L. King
Jun 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I don't usually review books in which I have stories (it feels somehow wrong). Actually, I never do, but I had to make an exception for Rachel Kramer Bussel's Please, Ma'am.

I poured through the book as soon as it arrived. Of course, I read my story first. I always do that. I don't know why. I guess just to make sure it's there--and doesn't come across as a stinking pile... Anyway, once that was out of the way, I was free to devour the rest of it.

I write femdom and, perhaps more importantly, I
Dhfan4life
Had some interesting stories. Unfortunately only a slim few that actually stirred enough of my own person interest. But I still appreciated the mini sneak peeks/glimpses into other people's versions of one shared kink/lifestyle.
Karielle at Books à la Mode
Publisher: Cleis
Page Count: 216
Source: Naked Reader Book Club via EdenFantasys for review

Women Who Rule
"I crave the pain she gives me, but it's more than that... I crave the person she becomes."
-- from "I'll Do It. For Her."

Go ahead, say the words out loud: "Please, Ma'am." If these words make you long for a woman to grab you by the scruff of your neck or control you with one fierce, all-knowing look, then this is the book
Elena
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A book that will get your fantasies and turn them to reality! I love this book and despite not reading it
for months at a time it stays with me and gives me the same level of excitement every time I pick it up!
Alex Connelly
Jul 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And outstanding collection selected by Rachel Kramer Bussel. She has the "eye" to find the right width and breadth of story types not just one type of store in BDSM Femdom.
Melinda
May 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica
I initially chose this book because I was intrigued by the idea of male submission. In most erotica I have read it is always women submitting and I thought it would be interesting to read about men submitting and how that is portrayed. I was suprised that I had a really hard time with this anthology. I didn't expect to. I actually thought that I would be cheering for the dominate women in the stories, and while there was some cheering I was not always comfortable with the plotlines. I think that ...more
Antonomasia
Jan 15, 2012 marked it as abandoned  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
All the stories in this collection are told from the viewpoints of male subs (either in first or third person) - I wish I'd known that before buying. Two earlier collections edited by Rachel Kramer Bussel, She's on Top and Yes Ma'am, have more variety, and therefore more stories from the domme's perspective. Cleis Press short story anthologies always have pretty good quality writing, and certainly better than that in the torrent of trashy erotica that's appeared since 50 Shades of Grey.
Heidi
Jun 20, 2016
Michael
Oct 25, 2016
Rachel Kramer Bussel
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lyle G
Apr 08, 2016
Kowsi Kifax
Jul 08, 2015
Rachel Kramer Bussel
Mar 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Izzie
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Binding Ben
  • The One Worth Finding
  • Best Women's Erotica 2009
  • Minding Mistress (Club Esoteria, #3)
  • Still (Long Slow Tease, #1)
  • Under Her Thumb
  • Domme by Default (Suncoast Society, #2)
  • Steamlust
  • Mistress Rules
  • Holding the Cards (Nature of Desire, #1)
  • Hold 'Em (Vegas Top Guns, #3)
  • The Mistress Manual: The Good Girl's Guide to Female Dominance
  • Concertina: The Life And Loves Of A Dominatrix
  • Flesh and the Word: An Anthology of Erotic Writing
  • Got a Minute?: Sixty Second Erotica
  • Naughty Bits 2: An Anthology of Short Erotic Fiction
  • Bitten: Dark Erotic Stories
  • My Secretary, My Mistress (My Secretary, #1)
I'm a writer, editor, book reviewer, journalist, interviewer, blogger, and event organizer. I've edited over 60 anthologies, and my books have won 8 IPPY (Independent Publisher) Awards. I have written for Alternet, The Daily Beast, Elle.com, The Frisky, Glamour, Gothamist, Harper's Bazaar, Huffington Post, Inked, Jezebel, Mediabistro, New York Post, The New York Observer, Penthouse, The Root, Salo ...more
More about Rachel Kramer Bussel...