Start by marking “Mid-Course Correction: Re-Ordering Your Private World for the Second Half of Life” as Want to Read:

"Mid-Course Correction" is written for those who sense a need for putting order back in their lives again. It offers hope for those who have experienced defeat and disappointment in their lives, but also for those who have been "successful" yet yearn for something more. MacDonald focuses on making choices that lead to personal transformation, significant communal ...more
Published March 1st 2000 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Mid-Course Correction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mid-Course Correction

Start your review of Mid-Course Correction: Re-Ordering Your Private World for the Second Half of Life
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommended to David by: Church men's group
Read for a men's group (church) that met twice a month. Would have been better read at a faster clip. Too easy to forget the thread. Overall, not remarkable.
Trace
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love Gordon MacDonald's writings... he has a depth and wisdom that I find lacking in many modern Christian authors. My favorite book by him is Ordering your Private World. He is very, very well read, which I am sure has contributed to the wisdom I detect in his work.
Lisa
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
A book for anyone who feels stuck in their rut, or dissatisfied with where they are in life. Equal parts self-help and Bible study. Equal parts encouragement for those who feel there is no hope of worthwhile change, and challenge to those who are feeling complacent or satisfied with their Christian life.
MacDonald rightly claims that we are called to be always striving to grow into more passionate followers of Christ, ever reaching beyond our current circumstances, ever allowing God to shape our
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another excellent work by Gordon MacDonald about development of the inner life of faith. He rejects the idea that we can get too old or set in our ways to change. MacDonald uses the example of Abraham who is called first to leave the old life and then to step out into the unknown.
Vanessa (potts)
As with ALL Gordon's books I have read it was a life changing experience. He write practically yet thought provoking. I consider him my mentor, solely through his books...
Dwight Walker
good book on mid-life crisis
Lovely Loveday
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ordering Your Private World is a book for anyone who feels like that are stuck in place and not satisfied with where they are in their life. In this self-help, Bible study you will find encouraging words and scripture for those who feel lost with no hope. MacDonald has written a book that is rich in scripture and deep in personal experience in order to help strengthen the readers relationship with God. A perfect addition to your library or a great gift for anyone who feels lost and needs to ...more
David Meldrum
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
As always with this author, this is a book written out of deep personal experience and a desire for the reader to deepen their relationship with God. This is weighty, but accessible and well written stuff, looking at the changes people make to ensure life with God is deepened as life goes on. This is done through the lens of a variety of Biblical characters; I think the best material is in the first half of the book, on Abraham.
Richard Wollard
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

I really like Gordon’s writing style. He is clear, articulate and a captivating author. This book is is great resource for anyone looking to take their walk with Christ more seriously, or with looking for better clarity on God’s leading.
Nicole Nowochin
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

A book to read over and over in the seasons of transitions in life. Excellent and recommended for all those who seek to finish well.
Mrs. Womack2013
Aug 30, 2014
Don McNay
Mar 01, 2015
Abukarim
rated it did not like it
Jul 22, 2014
Apr 11, 2012
John
Oct 22, 2008
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Black Stallion (The Black Stallion, #1)
  • The Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson
  • Amy Carmichael
  • Franco Corelli: Prince of Tenors
  • Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People
  • Pavarotti My Own Story
Gordon MacDonald has been a pastor and author for over forty years. For many years he pastored Grace Chapel in Lexington, Massacusetts and continues to serve as Pastor Emertius. He has also provided leadership to influential ministries such as Intervarsity Christian Fellowship, which he served as President for three years, and World Relief, which he currently serves as Chairman. Gordon’s ...more