Start by marking “Unnatural Disasters” as Want to Read:
Unnatural Disasters

Unnatural Disasters

Floods. Earthquakes. Tornados. Asteroids. Nature can be vicious. But when you combine natural disasters with the very unnatural imaginations of the authors in this collection, you get terrors worse than anything Mother Nature has ever thrown at us, forays into nightmarish worlds that make a hurricane look like a light summer breeze.

Join Scott Nicholson, William Meikle, Dan
ebook
Published by Blood Brothers Publishing (first published October 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Unnatural Disasters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unnatural Disasters

Sheri White
Nov 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Fun read with very creative end-of-the-world scenarios. I highly recommend it.
Deborah
May 18, 2012 rated it liked it
A collection of short stories that just were not long enough. Although I enjoyed some of them there really was not any particular story that stayed with me to remember. I do like to read books from this author. "Dismember" is one of my favorite. Unfortunitly Pyle's talent do not shine through in this collection. I do recommend this read dispite being too short as a good collection of end of the world as we know it.
Bandit
Dec 09, 2014 rated it liked it
This short anthology has almost perfectly lived up to its name. There is indeed nothing natural about the situations on these pages, which lets imaginations roam free producing some pretty wild scenarios. Nothing particularly amazing, but very solid entertainment here from a variety of recognizable and not so much so authors. For fans of creative apocalypses this is a quick fun read.
Candy
Nov 24, 2011 rated it liked it
I'm a fan of a few authors in this collection so I was really looking forward to reading it. When one of them contacted me with a copy of the book to ask if I would give it a read and review, I, of course, said "Yes!".

Short stories are always a hard read for me. I either love them and they are able to come together to be a good, strong cohesive story... or they miss the mark. Unfortunately, many of these stories missed the mark for me. They were either too short to really give a good grasp of th
D.S. Williams
Feb 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
These short stories were well-written and entertaining, using a great amount of imagination to weave tales about a range of not-so-natural disasters. All were interesting and concise, although I found too many of them used the age-old taboo of cannibalism as their ultimate horror.
Michele
Jun 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
A bunch of short fun crazy stories.
LeviSamJuno
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: free-ebook
When I began to read the first story I didn't really pay attention that I was going into an anthology of nine very creative short stories by various authors. with a connecting theme. This first one began with people stranded among water. I thought: simple lost on an island story. How wrong I was.

As each story unfolded, the central theme of a natural disaster (or for some stories, what seemed to be natural disasters) in some fashion linked every story together. Snowstorms, tornadoes, floods, and
Rechan
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror, anthology
While most of the stories of this anthology are not poorly written, I was still quite disappointed. It felt as though many of the stories did not utilize the disasters in a satisfying manner. Going in, I thought all of the disasters would be of a supernatural or otherworldly nature, but some were merely a normal disaster with say, a monster in the midst, or others were just Odd, like a ball of sourdough bread that grows too large or a disease that wiped out all women.

The two stories that stick
Tracey
Feb 04, 2014 rated it liked it
A collection of short stories about tornadoes, floods and other Acts of God that have an ungodly component. The carnivorous bread starter one was a bit odd, but most were pretty good; "Twist" by Daniel Pyle was heartbreaking; and "Whiteout" by Danielle Bourdon was a bit hard to read, considering the recent weather!

I got it as a Kindle freebie - it's currently $2.99 and worth it if you're into quirky horror stories.
Lisa Cleveland
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good collection of stories. It covered a huge range of strange! There wasn't a single story to hate on, and most of them I would read again. Yep, I'd recommend this book and authors.
Stan Brown
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A page turner

I've always liked science fiction, especially from the 50s and 60s. These stories have that feel. Each one could've been a Twilight Zone or an Outer Limits episode. I couldn't stop reading, and when I finished the last one I was hungry for more.
Shannon
Very interesting. None of the stories really had explanations as to why the disaster was happening though.
Lucynda Ackley
Jan 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disasters indeed

this book has various stories about all different kinds of disasters. some of the stories I think could be expanded into complete novels.
Kathy
A collection of short stories in a very Outer Limits or Twilight Zone style. All creepy, all very well written, all imaginatively and impressively twisted and dark.
Aura
Nov 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Some disasters quite refreshing, compared to the stuff that's usually written about these days.
Ruth Pohl
Feb 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kathy-rager
Orange
Jul 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Rather short anthology of a dozen or so sci-fi/horror shorts.
Jack
Apr 22, 2012
Robert Duperre
Feb 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kevin H
Pam
rated it it was ok
Oct 22, 2014
Rachel
rated it did not like it
Oct 28, 2016
  • 13 Drops of Blood
  • Arboreatum
  • The First
  • Inheritance
  • Anatomy (Harbinger Mystery, #0.5)
  • End of the Road
  • Here Be Monsters: An Anthology of Monster Tales
  • Bones: The Complete Apocalypse Saga
  • Crustaceans
  • Dieselpunk ePulp Showcase
  • One Buck Horror: Volume One
  • Weight of a Gun
  • On the Good, Red Road
Daniel Pyle is the author of Dismember, Freeze, Down the Drain, and many short stories. He lives in Springfield, Missouri, with his wife and three children. Visit him online at danielpyle.com, Twitter, or Facebook.