Start by marking “The Perfect Afternoon Tea Recipe Book” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Afternoon Tea Recipe Book

The Perfect Afternoon Tea Recipe Book

This is the ultimate teatime recipe collection, with an introductory guide to preparing and serving the perfect afternoon tea, along with all the family favourites you'd expect to find.
Published November 16th 2011 by Lorenz Books (first published July 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Afternoon Tea Recipe Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Afternoon Tea Recipe Book

Carmel Audsley
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Tea and cakes – two of my favourite things – so what a treat it was to leaf through a beautifully presented book and immerse myself in the art and history of the afternoon tea ritual. Instead of plonking a tea bag into a chipped mug as you rush from one task to another, how lovely would it be if occasionally you got out your best china, put a tablecloth and flowers on a table and asked friends around for a relaxing afternoon. If you don’t know where to start, this book will tell you about the hi ...more
Ashley
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT. I checked this out from my local library, being a tea lover it was a must. I will be purchasing this book to add to my collection. It gives a history of tea.. such warm and inviting photos of tea pots and beautifully set tables. The food is a huge assortment, there is something for all taste buds.
Caitlin
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookery
Lovely book. Thoroughly enjoyed baking some traditional recipes. Made my first batch of rough puff paste and it was amazing!
Aspasía Bissas
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I took a star off my original rating because I've tried a few of the recipes and so far none have turned out. They're fairly simple recipes and I'm an experienced cook/baker, so I'm blaming the book for the mediocre-to-bad results. Going to try a few more and will adjust the rating/review accordingly.
Sandra Lassiter
Jan 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I have long been a fan of teatime. Before marriage, kids, homeschooling, etc sped up the pace of my life, afternoon tea was a time I enjoyed often. I still sometimes take a tea tray off to have a little time alone, and I love doing tea parties for my girls. In fact, for her eleventh birthday, my daughter requested a tea party. We made it a "High Tea" so Daddy could join in. We had a great time cooking together to get ready for it, and that's where this book comes in. We didn't make every dish ou ...more
Sarah Bringhurst
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food, britain
This book is a delight. After a tidy few pages on the history of tea and detailed instructions on how to prepare your tea, it launches into a diverse collection of delicious teatime treats, lavishly illustrated with gorgeous photos of the treats displayed on all sorts of beautiful china. We're not currently having a regular teatime at our house (although this book may just inspire us to start one), but we've tried quite a few of the recipes for various occasions. We had the sausage rolls for Tha ...more
Bookish
May 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookery, nonfiction
This book is a winner in every way. It is full of recipes for teatime staples and the recipes are provided in several ways (weight, metric, and standard cups/tablespoons/teaspoons - at least the standard for American baking). Put on the kettle and bake up a delightful afternoon tea...
Gina
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Found a great cookbook for mom with lots of sweet and savory tea recipes. I especially liked the tea sandwiches and scones sections. Mom just got a KitchenAid mixer, so I hope she can make some goodies.
Jazzy Lemon
Jan 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Pretty large book full of lovely photos and recipes for your own afternoon tea party.
Tamara
Jun 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great read as well as a wonderful cookbook! All the recipes I've tried came out perfect and you learn some interesting history.
Dec 20, 2016