Start by marking “Blood Test (Alex Delaware, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Test (Alex Delaware, #2)

Blood Test (Alex Delaware #2)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  9,227 Ratings  ·  305 Reviews
It is a case unlike any psychologist Dr. Alex Delaware has ever encountered. Five-year-old Woody Swope is ill, but the real problem is his parents. They refuse to agree to the one treatment that could save this boy's life. Alex sets out to convince Mr. and Mrs. Swope--only to find that the parents have left the hospital and taken their son with them. Worse, the sleazy mote ...more
Published January 1st 1995 by Bantam (first published March 25th 1986)

Ami
The second book of Alex Delaware series definitely DID NOT appeal to me like the first book. Maybe because the first half of the book, it only talked about a kid who suffered cancer and ended up missing with the rest of the family (possibly brought back to this cult who called themselves The Touch) and a minor case about a messed up father who lost custody.

Well, it was boring :(

I guess, when I pick up a mystery / thriller book, I always need a dead body, a case to solve. The dead bodies (as men
Larry Bassett
Jan 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
This is the second book in the Alex Delaware series. A protagonist, hero who drives a Cadillac Seville is not my type even if a talks a good psychological game. Alex’ choice of cars takes him down a notch in my view. Makes him a bit ostentatious as far as I am concerned. But that is likely a relatively meaningless quibble in the big picture. In my first two encounters with Alex I liked reading his psychological observations. But this book may have gone beyond the pale as far as I am concerned.

Th
Brenda
When psychologist Dr Alex Delaware was asked to meet Woody Swope and his family, he had no idea where this meeting would lead him. Woody was five years old and had cancer. His doctor at the cancer clinic was an old friend of Alex’s and valued his expertise; the family were not convinced treatment was helping Woody and they were threatening to remove him from the hospital.

Playing checkers with Woody had Alex realizing he was a sweet, innocent child, one who had a good chance of surviving with the
Rosey Whiting
May 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Blood Test. Johnathan Kellerman is a fabulous writer. This is the second book in the Alex Delaware series, and I can honestly say that it was better than the first, which in my experience isn't usually true. I've almost always thought that the first book or movie in a series is the best.

I really like Kellerman. There was one instance in the book that Alex had the flu, and his great description had me feeling like I had the same thing Alex did (in my head). His descriptions of location
Stephan
This is only the second book I have read from this author. The first was also part of the Alex Delaware series. The book started out in the court room where a crazed father loses visitation rights to his children. He confronts or solicits help from Alex to help regain his visitation rights. When Alex will not help, his pled for help turns into threat. The story then quickly shifts gears to an 11 year old boy who has cancer. Alex is contacted by an old friend to consult on the case. However after ...more
Charlotte (Buried in Books)
Nancy
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alex is asked to consult with a family whose five year old son is battling cancer. Although treatable, he picks up a strange vibe from the family, which is then corroborated when the boy is mysteriously removed from the hospital and the family disappears. Alex and his cop friend Milo investigate and find out the disturbing secrets behind the family regarding the boy and his older teen sister. I never thought of exotic greenhouse flowers the same way after this book.
Steve
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one is better with age. I'd given it four starts before for some reason, but it is a five star book. As before, I'd forgotten the details but not the plot. Great book!
Kristine Hansen
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, books-i-own
Alex has a new challenge - a child with cancer whose parents refuse to allow treatment. Only what should have been a somewhat cut and dried case turns nasty when the family disappears, then the parents are found murdered. Alex is on the trail again, this time with a child's life in the balance.

This definitely had a rather twisted storyline. It's funny, going back and reading these books from the beginning of the series as it gives me such a different perspective on Alex. I came into the series
Lorna Collins
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Jonathan Kellerman because of his exquisite mastery of the English language. Unfortunately, in the early books, Alex Delaware is too much of a superhero. He is injured, beat up, shot, and he bounces back. The later books are more cerebral, and Alex uses his skill as a psychologist to deal with threatening situations. SPOILER: This book contains not one but two endless monologues summarizing what really happened. And both contain facts new to the reader. I gave this one a better review tha ...more
Alex Delaware Series 3 23 May 26, 2015 08:39AM
  • False Prophet (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #5)
  • Trouble
  • Harm's Way (Alan Gregory, #4)
  • Name Withheld (J.P. Beaumont, #13)
Jonathan Kellerman was born in New York City in 1949 and grew up in Los Angeles. He helped work his way through UCLA as an editorial cartoonist, columnist, editor and freelance musician. As a senior, at the age of 22, he won a Samuel Goldwyn Writing Award for fiction.

Like his fictional protagonist, Alex Delaware, Jonathan received at Ph.D. in psychology at the age of 24, with a specialty in the t
More about Jonathan Kellerman...

Alex Delaware (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • When the Bough Breaks (Alex Delaware, #1)
  • Over the Edge (Alex Delaware, #3)
  • Silent Partner (Alex Delaware, #4)
  • Time Bomb (Alex Delaware, #5)
  • Private Eyes (Alex Delaware, #6)
  • Devil's Waltz (Alex Delaware, #7)
  • Bad Love (Alex Delaware, #8)
  • Self-Defense (Alex Delaware, #9)
  • The Web (Alex Delaware, #10)
  • The Clinic (Alex Delaware, #11)
“To trust someone is to take the greatest risk of all. (180)” 91 likes
“His experience and training should have taught him that families are the cauldrons in which violence is brewed. (144)” 12 likes