Start by marking “Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6)” as Want to Read:
Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6)

Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic #6)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  45,225 Ratings  ·  2,841 Reviews
Becky Brandon (dahulu Bloomwood) berpikir mudah saja menjadi ibu, dan putrinya akan menjadi teman belanja seumur hidup!

Tapi Minnie yang baru dua tahun ternyata memiliki pendekatan yang berbeda dalam berbelanja. Dia sering menjerit "Mauuuu!" tanpa pandang bulu, menciptakan kekacauan dari Harrods sampai Harvey Nichols, suka memanggil taksi untuk pergi ke toko, bahkan memesan
Published December 21st 2010 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Mini Shopaholic, please sign up.

The Book Crusader I don't recommend you read the first five books. I also don't recommend that you read this one.
Becky Read them. Some people think these books aren't worth reading but I love them. They crack me up. It's just a fun, lighthearted read.
There are 8 books…more
There are 8 books altogether (I'm writing this in 2017) though there may be more to come. (less)

kari
Oct 09, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Becky Brandon(nee Bloomwood)got on my very last nerve in this book. She seems so selfish, so self-involved that I had trouble liking her and since the book is from her viewpoint I need to like her, at least a little bit. She lies to everyone,from her husband to her parents to her child's nanny to the administrator of her friend's child's school(although that lie was actually done to be kind).
I started to wonder if she was even capable of telling the truth or whether she even knew what the truth
Jacqui
Sep 26, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've always enjoyed the Shopaholic series, as it's a great beach read. Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) is a zany character who gets in scrapes, but is ultimately lovable.

Perhaps that was true for the first 5 books in the series. By this point, the schtick has worn down to a nub. Becky is a materialistic liar and she becomes less sympathetic with each book. A more stable woman would have been deserted at this point in real life, or even in any good book. Not only is she the Poster Child for financi
Francie
Apr 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Carolyn  Storer
3.5 Stars

I don't usually read books in this genre any more, but I will always make an exception for Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series. I adore Becky Bloomwood. She's a character I find hard not to like with her scatty personality and her inability to walk by a designer store without making a purchase. It was this aspect to Becky's character that made me pick up the first book in this series, The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic, as I could identify well (a bit too well!) with Becky and her re
Talia
Becky Brandon (neé Bloomwood) is back, and with her two year old Minnie in tow. Unfortunately, Minnie seems to be a bigger shopoholic than Becky is, proclaiming everything in the stores “MINE!” As a result, Luke is stressed out, and a financial crisis doesn’t help the situation. Becky wants to throw a surprise party for Luke, but with the financial crisis, a strict budget, and a “spirited” daughter, how can she?

Something about this book really bugged me. Maybe it was the fact that Becky takes no
Angela Risner
Jun 04, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the Shopaholic novels, although I wondered how much lying one character could do in a book. Well, Sophie Kinsella has taken that challenge and upped the ante in this new tome.

I don't know, maybe it's the recession, maybe it's the fact that I've been out of a job for almost two years, maybe it's the fact that I can't stand bratty children, but this was not my favorite Kinsella offering.

First of all, it's probably a bit too close to reality. Becky, her long-suffering hubby Luke, and thei
Leah
Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) thought motherhood would be a breeze. She thought herself and Minnie would just shop all day every day. What Becky didn't count on though was Minnie's tenaciousness and determination when it comes to the things she wants (her favourite word is "mine"). Not to mention Luke, Becky's husband, has had a stressful year. In a bit to cheer him up, Becky hits on the idea to throw him a surprise birthday party but as always with Becky, things don't quite go according to plan ...more
Blair
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: made-me-laugh, series
There's nothing special about this book or the other 5 books of the series,actually there's a selfish character that i would never like.That's Becky Brandon(nee Bloomwood).She got on my nerves most of the time,but i never stopped reading.I wanted to read until the end and hoping all the time that she changed her ways.And f*ck,she did't.
Then why 4 stars ??
Because i always like a funny character who makes me laugh.A book that's not depressing,that can make you forget about your problems.And beside
Maggie
Sep 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
**3.5 stars really but what the hell, I'm feeling generous. Rounding this up to 4 stars for making me laugh after the doom and gloom of my previous novels.**

The Shopaholic books aren't going to change your world, but they're fun and airy. I read the previous 5 Shopaholic books back-to-back one weekend* last year and by the 3rd book, Becky Bloomwood went from endearing to irritating. However, even at her most maddening (like, seriously, she still doesn't realize she has a shopping problem?), Soph
PurplyCookie
In the latest installment to the Shopaholic series, Rebecca Brandon returns with willful two-year-old Minnie, who has taken after her mother in her fierce determination and her addiction to luxury brands. When the financial crisis finally hits the Brandon family, Rebecca vows to stop shopping until she's worn everything in her closet at least three times; Luke scrambles for new business directions; and Minnie remains exceptionally difficult (Miiiiiine!!!).

Becky used to be young, silly and funny
Lauren
Mar 16, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am very addicted to the shopaholic series- I read all five in less than two weeks!! I can't wait for this one to be released...
Friends of  Linebaugh Library
Normally I love Becky!! She is one of my favorite characters. Her life is always a complete and utter mess with these massive holes she digs herself into...and yet she has the biggest heart and only does it because she means well. I really used to love that about her. This time around, however, Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) got on my ever lovin' nerves like no one else could! She came off being completely selfish and self-involved. I was sorely disappointed and really I had trouble liking her as ...more
Uci
Jul 28, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
It's a bit disappointing. After five books in the series, you'd think there will be a character development. Becky is 29 yo now, with a child. But having a child doesn't stop her from being childish. She's still the same old Becky who acts without thinking and creating disaster after disaster, unnecessarily. And the lying! Come on, after five books...don't you think it gets boring?

And this book shouldn't be titled Mini Shopaholic. In the end, it's all about throwing a big surprise party for Luke
MoyJoy
Sep 02, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The ending of this book keeps you from regretting pushing through to finish. However, all in all the book was annoying. Unless this is your first shopaholic book you will definitely find all of Becky's 'quirks' hugely annoying rather than charming.

Basically Becky is an annoying whiny b**ch, Minnie is a spoiled brat and Luke is a neglectful a**hole. And her parents... made me want to go home and hug my own parents.

For fiction, especially chick lit, it's really hard to say a character should know
Ciara
i wish that this series would just run its course, but tragically, the last few pages set the stage for yet another sequel in which becky & her family have obnoxious adventures in hollywood. i feel like sophie kinsella made an attempt to ground her protagonist, becky, in modern times by setting her adventures against a background of economic panic & recession, but somehow, that made becky's hijinks even more annoying.

becky's daughter, minnie, is two in this book, & well on her way to
Winna
Sep 02, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklits
I'm a big fan of the ever so hilarious Shopaholic series.

I don't know whether I'm the one who's changed, or the series are not that great anymore. It used to be so funny and thrilling. This one's still funny, and the last half of the book quite a madcap adventure, as some reviewers call it, but the rest is flat, boring, and I don't find myself loving the adventure I'm in, at all.

Becky, as a mid 20s, single woman with an independent career, albeit with a huge credit card debt, I'm fine with it. B
Fiona
Apr 13, 2010 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
!!!! becky's daughter is a shopaholic too or? can't wait!!
Kathryn
This is the sixth adventure I've shared with Becky Brandon (nae Bloomwood) but she felt like an old friend after the very first book so it hardly needs to be said that I always enjoy spending time with her. She is funny, warmhearted and prone to snafus; and now, she is married, happily employed at The Look as a personal shopper, and mother to two-year-old Minnie, who is becoming quite the mini-shopaholic herself. But, while Becky may be a shopaholic, hubby Luke is a workaholic and their relation ...more
Daniela Soria
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sorry not sorry I love theses books!
Melinda Elizabeth
Sam Still Reading
Sep 02, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the series
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: continuing series
I have a love-hate relationship with Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood). She must be one of the most frustrating characters in chick lit fiction. She’s silly, selfish and runs off on the wildest tangents, getting herself into all sorts of trouble…yet I pick up the latest book in the Shopaholic series at the earliest opportunity. Why? Is it because Becky shops the way we would all like to- buy now, remorse much, much later? Is it because she can’t –or won’t- restrain her shopping habit? I don’t know.

S
Johanna Kauhala
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Saimme tehtäväksi äikän tunnilla lukea valitsemansa romaanin ja valita siitä kohta ja kertoa siitä.
Luin kirjan Minishoppaaja jonka on kirjoittanut Sophie Kinsella. Kirja kertoo kuun yksinhuoltaja äiti Becky ja hänen tyttärensä Minnie tykkäävät mennä ostoksille. Becky omistaa pukeutumispalvelun joka on menossa pilalle koska hänen ystävänsä Luke vatii shoppailulakkoa, kun taas samaan aikaan Beckyn asiakkaat ovat häviämässä. Becky oli sopinut Minnien kansa että siitä lähtien kun hän oli syntynyt
Jessica
Jul 15, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Becky Bloomwood is still up to her old antics, but this time she and Luke’s daughter Minnie is along for the ride!

Minnie thinks everything is “Miiiine.” Becky’s parents just want Luke and her out of their home. And Becky just wants to do something nice for Luke! All of the usual characters are along for the ride, with some surprises in store.

It should be known that I’ve completely adored all the other Shopaholic books. I remember spending a whole weekend home from college completely immersed in
Noella
Feb 01, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast forward 2 years and Minnie is a toddler who's out of control! I didn't find anything cute about Minnie. She was an absolute nightmare! I blame Rebecca for her bad parenting and Luke for his non-existent parenting. In this book I thought Becky became more immature and airheaded than ever. She hasn't come to terms with being a shopaholic and is teaching her kid all sorts of nonsense. It was funny for awhile but it grated on my nerves the longer it went.
This book follows the same formula as t
Love Fool
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Becky Brandon thought motherhood would be a breeze and that having a daughter was a dream come true: a shopping friend for life! But it's trickier than she thought. Two-year-old Minnie has a quite different approach to shopping.
Minnie creates havoc everywhere she goes, from Harrods to her own christening. Her favorite word is "Mine!" and she's even trying to get into eBay! On top of everything else, Becky and Luke are still living with her parents (the deal on house #4 has fallen through), when
Shannon
Mini-Shopaholic

The Characters

Becky Brandon (neè Bloomwood)
Luke Brandon
Mini Brandon

and a host of family and friends

The Story

Although I love Becky Bloomwood her tendency to dig herself into the biggest holes with stupid lies has gotten a little old. Also I think this book suffered from too many plots. They seemed to add up to just be a hundred pages of extra nonsense for no reason.

I will say I loved the main story of Becky throwing Luke a party and all the ways the surprise was almost th
Aleida Oskam
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the first book series I enjoyed reading. So I liked this one as well. I read it a long time ago already but wanted to re-read it before I started reading Shopaholic to the Stars. This story was a usually Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) story which I really enjoyed reading. Really looking forward to reading the next book!
Gina
Oct 24, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shameful, lol-moments
How is it possible this character has had no personal growth after all of the shenanigans in the previous books? Becky Bloomwood is still lacking that bit of self-awareness that would make her at least somewhat likable. Her denial and ingenious methods of avoiding disaster made me a fan, but come on... It has gotten old and I'm over it, Sophie Kinsella.
Mona
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like mother Like daughter
Another amazing journey with Becky but this time with Minnie. Usually I hate rude toddlers but Minnie is something else. So wild and stubborn. I couldn't stop laughing when she stopped a taxi and asked to go to the shops and Starbucks.
Suma Hegde
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 250th book! :D
Mansfield Public ...: Mini Shopaholic Review by Lisa Smey-Adams 1 11 Jul 25, 2013 11:03AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Mini Shopaholic 1 5 Mar 09, 2013 06:01PM
  • Swimming Pool Sunday
  • Holly's Inbox : Scandal in the City (Holly's Inbox #2)
  • I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)
  • New York Valentine (Annie Valentine, #5)
  • Miranda's Big Mistake
  • Queen of Babble in the Big City (Queen of Babble, #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
  • Misery Loves Cabernet (Charlize Edwards, #2)
  • The Wag's Diary (WAGs Diary, #1)
  • Confetti Confidential (Isabel Bookbinder #3)
  • Slightly Suburban (Slightly, #5)
Madeleine Wickham (born 12 December 1969) is a bestselling British author under her pseudonym, Sophie Kinsella. Educated at New College, Oxford, she worked as a financial journalist before turning to fiction. She is best known for writing a popular series of chick-lit novels. The Shopaholic novels series focuses on the misadventures of Becky Bloomwood, a financial journalist who cannot manage her ...more
More about Sophie Kinsella...

Shopaholic (8 books)
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1)
  • Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (Shopaholic, #2)
  • Shopaholic Ties the Knot (Shopaholic, #3)
  • Shopaholic and Sister (Shopaholic, #4)
  • Shopaholic & Baby (Shopaholic, #5)
  • Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic, #7)
  • Shopaholic to the Rescue (Shopaholic, #8)

“Never give up on something you really want. However impossible things seem, there's always a way.” 216 likes
“You don't need to change one hair. One freckle. One little toe. And if its me thats made you feel you should do this..then there's something wrong with me. -Luke Brandon” 65 likes