Start by marking “Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular” as Want to Read:
Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular

Ghostbusters: The Supernatural Spectacular

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  50 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
192 pages
Published August 1985 by TOR Books (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Ghostbusters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghostbusters

Michael
Sep 02, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Ghostbusters enthusiasts, novelization fans, people with nothing better to do
Recommended to Michael by: Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis
Shelves: science-fiction
This is a very typical novelization of a hugely popular film. The author had a little leeway to add some background details and some of the internal dialogue of the characters, but mostly he had to stick to the script. Serious Ghostbusters fans will be pleased that the scene in the Central Park weather station (cut in the theatrical release) is included, here moved to “Fort Detmerring.” Other brief ghostly vignettes have been created by the author. I remember that I didn’t like some of the autho ...more
Tamara✨
I'm a big ass nerd and I love love LOVE reading tie-ins and quite often novelisations too of books and films. I don't know how I got a hold of this but it was in my computer so I decided to read it since it was very short.

It's pretty much the same as the film which is fun because I never tire of watching the movie!! There were some little bits that differed from the film, but not much.

Honestly there's not much to say other than it's pretty faithful to the film so it's not bad in that respect..?
Andy
Jul 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Novelization tie in for the original 1984 movie that more or less is pretty faithful.

There's a few added bits that aren't in the movie, such as a couple of characters, Harlan Bojay and Robert Learned Coombs, that keep popping up throughout the book. But a few of the quotable one liners from the film don't feature, and the ending felt a bit thrown together and glossed over to me.

If you love the movie, then you'll probably enjoy this too.
Lucy
Jan 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Interesting look at the movie; a fair number of moments that can be seen as deleted scenes, or that ended up never filmed. Richard also wrote some of the better Real Ghostbusters episodes, and is obviously comfortable in this universe.
Jason
Nov 23, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2014
Some parts pulled from an earlier draft of the screenplay that I've read about. Which is fine.

The lack of understanding of the characters was not, though. Ridiculous, terrible backstories tacked on.

And every joke was mangled.
Kristina
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you love the film you'll want to read this book. There's some great extra details about your favourite ghostbusters.
bluetyson
isbn,original
Graeme Ellis
Jul 11, 2011
Sasha
Jun 29, 2011 added it
Shelves: read-in-2011
coworker said it was terrible that i had never seen this movie. so he lent me the book.
Ron Courter