Start by marking “Fatal Error (Ali Reynolds, #6)” as Want to Read:
Fatal Error (Ali Reynolds, #6)

Fatal Error (Ali Reynolds #6)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  4,157 Ratings  ·  349 Reviews
When an old friend is accused of murdering a cyber-sociopath who courted women over the Internet only to steal all of their money, Ali Reynolds steps in to investigate—Jance’s newest mystery is another New York Times bestseller!

Ali Reynolds begins the summer thinking her most difficult challenge will be surviving a six-week-long course as the lone forty-something female at
Published February 1st 2011 by Touchstone

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Error, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Error

Sarah Anne
It appears that I've lost my taste for this series. Either that or it really is getting less interesting.
Dlora
Feb 19, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading a J.A. Jance novel in between a Lee Childs and a Michael Connelly is a mistake. Ali Reynolds as a detective just does not compare with Jack Reacher or Harry Bosch. However, if you want a more touchy-feely mystery with a strong female protagonist who also breaks the rules to get the job done like Reacher and Bosch you might enjoy this one. We've got psychopaths and pawns and smart cops and dumb cops. Ali finishes her police course but then doesn't get hired on, which in some ways makes it ...more
Bryan
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another strong book in this enjoyable series.
Gina
Sep 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arizona
I have read all of the books in the series so far and this was one of the weaker storylines. I felt like Jance was reaching for something to write about in this book. At first it seems like the plot could really go somewhere when Ali's old colleague, Brenda Riley, shows up needing help finding information about her ex- fiancé, whom she has only met online. However, Brenda isn't the old beautiful, perfect hair and makeup Brenda she used to be when Ali knew her as a television news women. Brenda i ...more
Zeynep
Jun 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"New York Times Bestseller" tarafından seçilen bir kitap bu kadar basit olmamalıydı.

Neden mi? Ne olacağını tahmin etmiştim. Polisiye-gerilim romanlarında ben sonunu bilmek istemem. Sonunda "Yok artık" demek isterim. Bu kitap hiç böyle değildi. Sonu tahmin edilebilirdi. Günümüzdeki "çoğu" yazar Agatha Cristie olmaya çalışıyor. Kimse o kadar zeki olmaz.

Hikaye çok basitti. Heyecanlandığım hiçbir nokta yoktu. Katil bir seri katil havasında değildi. Akıllı gösterilmeye çalışılmış ama olmamıştı.

Kit
Cindy
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-challenge
Liked this standalone. Audio well read by Caron Zeemba (?sp).
Janice
Oct 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listened to this. good reader and plot was a page turner
Stacy
As usual for this series, I couldn't put it down.
Julie
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fatal Error by J. A Jance is a 2011 Touchtone Books publication.

I will admit after reading Beaumont and Brady novels for so long the Ali Reynolds series didn't make a big impression on me at first. It was OK, but nothing like the other two series. However, after reading the next 2 book is the series, I found myself feeling excited about touching base with Ali again.

This sixth book has Ali looking forward to a new chapter in her life. She has a new boyfriend, she is about to become a grandmothe
Phyllis Sommers
An enjoyable novel that held my attention the entire time; yet, the story was somewhat routine and thus isn't one about which I would rave on and on. "Fatal Error" is a book worthy of a trip to the beach, a vacation, or even a light evening's entertainment.

Ali Reynolds is a recurring character in J. A. Jance's novels and it is in this one where we see her pass the exam and graduate from the local Police Academy. Unfortunately, however, police jobs are scarce; therefore Ali tries to occupy her fr
Julia
Feb 12, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Having read a lot of J.A. Jance's books, I find myself wanting the author to grow her tales in skill and complexity and I'm just not finding it here. The Ali Reynolds series is probably my least favorite of Jance's bodies of work and this latest episode explains why. We know who the killer is from the beginning and although some writers would use the opportunity to develop the killer's character, Jance throws out a few too-easy answers and instead focuses on how brilliant Ali is in putting two a ...more
Wendy Pike
Oct 29, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed the Ali Reynolds series in the past but this book was awful. The story didn't flow and there were way too many useless side plots going on that didn't matter to the main storyline and I just didn't care about them. There was also a lot of useless detail and background information about characters that didn't matter to the story. Also, knowing who did what right from the beginning makes it not much of a mystery so I didn't even feel compelled to finish the book (I got 2/3 of the wa ...more
E.
Mar 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Ali Reynolds is more comfortable in her own skin, is attending police academy and savoring her relationship with cyberguru B. Simpson when a former colleague embroils her in a cyber-stalking case. Ali's friend and supporter Velma is finally succumbing to her disease and Ali is just able to finish substituting for her parents at their diner in time to go visit. The multiple threads start coming together in California as the body count starts rising and the cyber-stalker's case morphs into one tha ...more
Genine Franklin-Clark
I've been mildly ill for the past week and find that this series is perfect for me to escape my misery for a while. I like the interesting growth of characters and reading the books one after another, nonstop, makes it feel like something of a pleasant journey.

And I'm better now. And housebound today - snow. I do not mind this at all. I have a warm house, a caring husband, a cat, mamy many books and P.F.Chang's hot and sour soup in the freezer. All is well. Well, except for the election . . .
Lisa Eirene
Nov 22, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I love J.A. Jance but this book fell short for me. I read half of it and gave up. The writing was so poor! It was disjointed, there was no flow. It felt like multiple stories in one book. I just didn't get it. Where was her editor on this?
Vali Heist
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read!!! I'll be looking for more of her books.
Sonja
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another adventure in the life of Ali Reynolds. A good read.
TeriC
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loving this series and following Ali through all her adventures.
Sandy
May 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ali has made it through the Police Academy in Phoenix and goes back to Sedona to learn she is on furlough due to budget concerns. With time on her hands she visits with an ex-news reporter and then heads to Laguna Beach to say good-bye to a dying friend.
She becomes involved in the search for the now missing news reporter and takes down a killer.

Quick and fun read.
Rae Davies
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was definitely the best of the series, thus far! It is the first I have given a 4-star rating! I hope the series continues to improve in this way. I already enjoyed it, but now I'm even more excited to move on to the next.
Patrick
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was actually a very interesting read. While Ali trained to be a police officer and passed her training, she winds up being laid off right afterward. But it helps the events of this story. To see how, it's best to read this book.
Raoul Jerome
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jance does it again for me. She never fails to come through. Great story, action, etc. I had a feeling that Gil (the new cop) had a little trouble keeping up with Ali--she's always full speed ahead and does not wait for anybody.
Darlene Wilson
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ali Reynolds thinks surviving 6 wks at the Arizona Police Academy will be her worst challenge. Brenda Riley - an old broadcasting colleague shows up with an alcohol problem & a missing fiance. When he's viciously murdered - the police focus their investigation on Brenda. Ouch!
Sue
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Of course, I read the entire book and enjoyed it. But somehow this felt different from previous Ali Reynolds books. I guess this is because there was really not much mystery; we knew who the killer was. I still enjoyed it, but I wasn't on the edge of my seat as I read it.
Megan
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read like an action movie. An outstanding start to summer vacation. Janice does seem to grant her main characters wealth, so they can hire airplanes and so forth. But it's fun to go along for the ride, even if the details are a bit unbelievable. Print.
Cynthiaj
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I don't usually pick up series in the middle, but I was in a hurry and didn't have time to look over all the titles. This was a reasonable story with reasonable characters. It didn't make me go "oooo" and rush to find the first, but it was an enjoyable way to make the commute.
Becky
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best Ali Reynolds novel I’ve read! She only broke a couple of laws!
Joanne
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 lots of good parts and good flow
Roxie Gallinger
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First time I've read this author and I loved it. She grabs you in and keeps you there..fast paced with lots of action. I will read more of J.A. Jance
Lisa
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just a note, not a true review. A woman does not produce fraternal twins because they run in the father's family. The father cannot make the mother produce 2 eggs.
  • Spider Web (Benni Harper, #15)
  • A Heartbeat Away
  • City of Whispers
  • Damage (Abe Glitsky, #3)
  • Analysis Without Paralysis
  • Breakdown  (V.I. Warshawski, #15)
  • Silent Mercy (Alexandra Cooper, #13)
  • Though Not Dead (Kate Shugak, #18)
  • Gun Games (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #20)
  • Turquoise Girl (Ella Clah, #12)
  • Hickory Smoked Homicide (A Memphis BBQ Mystery #3)
  • A Decadent Way to Die (Savannah Reid Mystery, #16)
  • So What?: How to Communicate What Really Matters to Your Audience
  • Bel-Air Dead (Stone Barrington, #20)
  • V is for Vengeance (Kinsey Millhone, #22)
  • The Truth About the New Rules of Business Writing (Truth About Series)
  • Death Takes Passage (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #4)
  • Spider Woman's Daughter (Leaphorn  & Chee, #19)
Judith Ann Jance is the top 10 New York Times bestselling author of the Joanna Brady series; the J. P. Beaumont series; three interrelated thrillers featuring the Walker family; and Edge of Evil, the first in a series featuring Ali Reynolds. Born in South Dakota and brought up in Bisbee, Arizona, Jance lives with her husband in Seattle, Washington, and Tucson, Arizona.

Series:
* J.P. Beaumont
* Joann
More about J.A. Jance...

Ali Reynolds (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Edge of Evil (Ali Reynolds, #1)
  • Web of Evil (Ali Reynolds, #2)
  • Hand of Evil (Ali Reynolds, #3)
  • Cruel Intent (Ali Reynolds, #4)
  • Trial by Fire (Ali Reynolds, #5)
  • Left for Dead (Ali Reynolds, #7)
  • Deadly Stakes (Ali Reynolds, #8)
  • Moving Target (Ali Reynolds, #9)
  • Cold Betrayal (Ali Reynolds, #10)
  • Clawback (Ali Reynolds, #11)
“Tomorrow evening, about the time Mina was” 0 likes