Start by marking “Shattered Earth” as Want to Read:
Shattered Earth

Shattered Earth

Advanced humans, called Terrans, leave Earth when its threatened by a massive meteor. The remaining humans on Earth fall back into primitiveness. The advanced humans, and a group of aliens, the Ragnor, involve Earth in an interstellar war. Thousands of years later, the humans of Earth decide to do something about this. Interstellar politics will never be the same again onc ...more
Published November 29th 2010 by Createspace (first published October 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered Earth

Start your review of Shattered Earth
Scottie
Feb 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Just finished this book. It was not at all what I thought it would be. The story line was was so imaginatively written, very interesting. I haven't read a sci-fi, fantasy book written in such a way to be so interesting. I really liked it. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it is obvious that a lot of thought went into the writing of this book. The story line and the history aspect of the story kept me involved in the story from the beginning and had some really fun and interesting twists. ...more
Sami Sundell
Shattered Earth is described as being alternate history science fiction, but in the end, the book doesn't do justice to the description. It doesn't really have science, not enough fiction, and it doesn't really conform with the traditional sense of alternative history.

The book starts from far past (or even further past, depending on whether you believe the timeline in the book or map the events into real history) and travels through time and space, but leaves very little trace about itself. It j
Lyle McNeal
Aug 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
I was dealing with the poor writing style and outlandish premises for some legends, but when it was obvious that the author didn't do any research on documented historic events I had to stop reading.
Olivia
Feb 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book for free from the goodreads first reads program.

More than a third of this book (over 100 pages) was a history lesson. While mildly interesting, I already knew the history discussed and felt it didn't bring anything to the novel. I was irritated that the author used so much filler, could he really find no more material to fill his story? I feel that the author could have achieved his goal of tying earth's history to the story in a much more concise manner.

I found some of the
Greg
Natajia
Jan 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
Well the book was filled with interesting facts about the space race, but that was all the first 3/4 of the book was; facts. There was no dialogue and basically no story until the end of the book. While the facts and speculations were interesting enough, i can read a history book for that.
Rob Roy
Nov 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: science-fiction
Science Fiction and Alternate History combined. This is an interesting read, but really an old story line. Plucky Earthlings overcome great odds and win the day. Yeah, read that a few times before.
Russell
Dave
Dec 11, 2011
Autumn
Nov 13, 2011
I'm a Christian first and foremost. My novels are written from my worldview, so they have either Christian or Conservative themes in them. I live in Texas, have a BA and Technical Writing Certificate from University of North Texas. I won 3rd in a short story contest for a magazine through my high school Creative Writing class. I've been independently published since 2008.

I'm a fan of a bunch of d