Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Raising The Roof: The Pastoral-To-Program Size Transition” as Want to Read:
Raising The Roof: The Pastoral-To-Program Size Transition
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Raising The Roof: The Pastoral-To-Program Size Transition

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  38 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Pastoral-to-program size change is frequently described as the most challenging of growth transitions for congregations. Now Alban senior consultant Alice Mann, author of The In-Between Church: Navigating Size Transitions in Congregations, addresses the difficulties of that transition in this resource designed specifically for a congregational learning team. Conceptualized ...more
Paperback, 176 pages
Published January 9th 2001 by Rowman & Littlefield Publishers (first published January 1st 2001)
More Details... Edit Details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Raising The Roof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raising The Roof

Community Reviews

Showing 1-30
Average rating 3.79  · 
Rating details
 ·  38 ratings  ·  4 reviews


More filters
 | 
Sort order
Start your review of Raising The Roof: The Pastoral-To-Program Size Transition
Donna
Nov 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: religion
This book was most engaging in the beginning, laying out well the case for transitioning the management style of a church to allow growth. I found the later part of the book slower and less engaging, but still worthwhile. There is a huge section of appendices, to allow you to zero in on particular resources you might need.
Rev. Sharon Wylie
Sep 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I appreciate that this is a very concrete book. Just over 35% of the book is appendices, providing meaningful reference material for actually making the size transition. The other 65% of the book is helpful and specific, based on Mann's considerable experience in working with congregations going through size transitions. The leadership of any church hoping to grow from pastoral to program size needs to read this book. ...more
Paul
Sep 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
An excellent resource for church leaders.
Mary
rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Steve
rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2012
Julie
rated it liked it
May 27, 2014
Jean
rated it really liked it
May 11, 2020
Ruth Hultman Desmidt
rated it it was ok
Sep 24, 2012
Erik
Jan 20, 2019 added it
Mann helped me envision the questions and practical steps necessary to move the congregation I serve into the next size.
Simon Harvey
rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2017
Rosemary
rated it liked it
May 25, 2015
Guy Guarino
rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2013
Alice Mccaffrey
rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2015
Molly Carlson
rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2014
Jon K
rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2020
Tom Leary
marked it as to-read
May 24, 2007
Hannah
rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2019
Juan Huertas
rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2015
Paula
rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Mary Hengstebeck
rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2016
Carmen
rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2018
Charlotte
rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2012
Mike
rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2010
Paul
rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2021
Michael Scholtes
rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Peter Carey
rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2011
Caela
rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Bob
rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2018
Monica Dobbins
rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2017
Jim
rated it it was ok
Jan 15, 2018
« previous 1 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »

Readers also enjoyed

  • Mrs. Everything
  • Demons
  • Winter Storms (Winter, #3)
  • Winter Stroll (Winter, #2)
  • Winter Street (Winter, #1)
  • The Island
  • Thin Air (Jessica Shaw, #1)
  • Without Fail (Jack Reacher, #6)
  • Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire: An Abridgement By D. M. Low
  • World Class: One Mother's Journey Halfway Around the Globe in Search of the Best Education for Her Children
  • The Sun Is a Compass: A 4,000-Mile Journey into the Alaskan Wilds
  • A Winter's Love
  • A Short Life of Jonathan Edwards
  • My Soul in Silence Waits: Meditations on Psalm 62
  • A Summons to Memphis
  • Mrs. Saint and the Defectives
  • Womanist Midrash
  • Anglican Theology
See similar books…

News & Interviews

Believe it or not, we're halfway through 2021! As is our tradition, this is the time when the Goodreads editorial team burrows into our data to...
110 likes · 80 comments