Start by marking “Transmetropolitan, Vol. 9: The Cure” as Want to Read:
Transmetropolitan, Vol. 9: The Cure

Transmetropolitan, Vol. 9: The Cure (Transmetropolitan #9)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  9,901 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews
The forces of darkness are closing in on outlaw journalist Spider Jerusalem and his merry, filthy band — but now they've got their own rope around the neck of corrupt President Callahan, and it's time to start tightening the noose.

TRANSMETROPOLITAN: THE CURE, the ninth volume of the complete collection of the acclaimed series written by Warren Ellis (ORBITER, GLOBAL FREQU
Paperback
Published November 21st 2003 by Titan Books (UK)

To ask other readers questions about Transmetropolitan, Vol. 9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Transmetropolitan, Vol. 9

Sesana
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This is the second to last volume of the series, and it's obvious on almost every page. Taken by itself, it feels very exposition-y, because it is setup for the last volume. That doesn't mean that it isn't satisfying. I loved seeing the pieces start to fall into place, and the last page is fantastic. If I'd been reading this in individual issues, I would have been delighted, but anxious for the month to be up. Watching Spider's ongoing deterioration is difficult. There are panels where he's inte ...more
Joni
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ante último tomo que avanza muy pero muy lento para cerrar con el numero que cierra a todo trapo. Quizá por la ansiedad del inminente final se hace largo el relleno que decora tan bien el mundo Transmet,, nada que agregar del dibujo, los pequeños detalles y los golpes de efecto, siempre estirando un poco más la crueldad y la violencia. Es un poco triste ver a Spider sucumbiendo a la enfermedad...
Benoit Lelièvre
This volume is a good example of what I'm saying when I argue that the series fizzles out: Spider's barely writing one line (it's a series about the power of the press), he's erratically fighting what he represents (absolute integrity) and the meaningful episodes are separated by air. It still has an intrinsic quality of discussing the mechanisms of democracy and it's still an above average thriller, but it's frustrating given how strong the five first volume were.
Negativni
Aug 11, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Uh! Ovo je bilo veliko razočarenje..

Transmetropolitan sam počeo čitati nakon odličnog Y: The Last Man series koji me iznenadio složenom radnjom i kvalitetom kojom je napisan. Tražio sam nešto "slično" a Transmetropolitan je iskakao na sve strane pa sam njega uzeo čitati.

Transmetropolitan naravno nije sličan Y: The Last Manu, nego možda Lobou, ako se dobro sjećam tog stripa, tu mislim ponajviše na "ultranasilje" kako to Amerikanci vole reći.

Glavni lik Transmetropolitana je Spider koji je pljunu
Sam Quixote
Mar 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spider's brain disease (kind of like Alzheimer's) continues to kill him, the effects this time around are becoming more noticeable as he struggles to write his exposes. Meanwhile he and his filthy assistants are hot on the trail of Callahan's potentially Presidential-term ending exploits in his campaign and hunt down the last living witness to his depravities.

It was cool to see Mitchell Royce, Spider's former editor at "The Word", get more of a look in in this, the penultimate book in the series
Jedi JC Daquis
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's payback time.

Time is running out for Spider Jerusalem. What stands between him and a story are his degenerative disease and the President himself, but still he managed to uncover and reveal something that have sent Callahan presidential chills in his spine. Oh yes sir, this is a great read. The Cure is fast-paced, non-stop and action-packed.

It is also sad, and I cannot stop thinking about the real-world events that are happening right now that are eeriely reflected by the series, I mean, po
Jessica
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We be more to go and I will have completed this series. It's frightening and unreal how close to home this is to our current political climate. Especially considering it was written over a decade ago. Pay attention fellow Americans. And never be silent.
HFK
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphics, paidkindle
While reading The Cure I kept thinking and imagining Jesse Ventura driving a black muscle car in remote roads, heading to a secret meeting with Alex Jones, eerie music in the background whispering NWO... NWO...NWO. This meeting would take place in a remote warehouse, where the misters would shake hands with serious impressions on their faces, looking at the evidence of conspiracies that would lead them to one and only logical conclusion: The Martial Law.

Admittedly, I have spend too much time wit
Aaron
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even in its 9th volume Transmetropolitan manages to feel fresh. The detailed, future-shock, ads-gone-mad art is a thrill to behold, and Spider Jerusalem ranks as one of the best comic characters of all time. The story is taut, and you can feel the time ticking away as Spider rushes to take down the status quo as his brain is slowly eaten by disease. Even if you don't care about comics, you need to read this series.
Michelle M
Finally picking up the series again, I stopped because I basically didn't want to watch a certain character die.

This is good stuff, man. I love Spider, he's truly one of my heroes. Bleeding for the story, forcing people to do right by themselves, insisting on a better world. Love love love him.

Read during the October 2015 24-hour Read-a-thon.
  • The Invisibles, Vol. 2: Apocalipstick
  • Preacher, Volume 7: Salvation
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 4: A Foregone Tomorrow
  • DMZ, Vol. 5: The Hidden War
  • Ex Machina, Vol. 3: Fact v. Fiction  (Ex Machina, #3)
Warren Ellis is the award-winning writer of graphic novels like TRANSMETROPOLITAN, FELL, MINISTRY OF SPACE and PLANETARY, and the author of the NYT-bestselling GUN MACHINE and the “underground classic” novel CROOKED LITTLE VEIN. The movie RED is based on his graphic novel of the same name, its sequel having been released in summer 2013. His graphic novel GLOBAL FREQUENCY is in development at Jerry ...more
More about Warren Ellis...

Transmetropolitan (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 0: Tales of Human Waste  (Transmetropolitan, #0)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 1: Back on the Street (Transmetropolitan, #1)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 2: Lust for Life (Transmetropolitan, #2)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 3: Year of the Bastard (Transmetropolitan, #3)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 4: The New Scum (Transmetropolitan, #4)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 5: Lonely City (Transmetropolitan, #5)
  • Transmetropolitan: I Hate It Here
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 6: Gouge Away (Transmetropolitan, #6)
  • Transmetropolitan, Vol. 7: Spider's Thrash (Transmetropolitan, #7)
  • Transmetropolitan: Filth of the City