Start by marking “Guilty Pleasures (Pleasure House, #1)” as Want to Read:
Guilty Pleasures (Pleasure House, #1)

Guilty Pleasures

(Pleasure House #1)

Vivian Delaney leads a life of privilege, but behind closed doors she feels isolated and trapped in a gilded cage. Unable to achieve sexual pleasure with her husband, she finds herself in the capable hands of Anton, a massage therapist intent on awakening her to her full sexual potential. By any means necessary.

Publisher's Note: This work has erotic content and is
Published December 14th 2010 by Burlesque Press

To ask other readers questions about Guilty Pleasures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guilty Pleasures

Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsComfort Food by Kitty ThomasMercy by Lucian BaneConsequences by Aleatha Romig
The Darker Side
1,129 books — 3,514 voters
Captive in the Dark by C.J. RobertsSeduced in the Dark by C.J. RobertsForbidden by Tabitha SuzumaConsequences by Aleatha RomigComfort Food by Kitty Thomas
Taboo Reads
1,436 books — 2,769 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Guilty Pleasures (Pleasure House, #1)
Eda**
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it

KITTY THOMAS MARATHON!

** 3,5-4 STARS **

“Tell me little sl*t, does your c*nt belong to you?”

“No, Sir.”

“Who does it belong to, then?”

THE HOUSE.

description

Would have been a perfect 5-star read if I wasn't such a weirdo and had to go see the twist coming from the first 20% of the book. *sigh*
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Have you ever seen the movie "The Game" with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn? Well, this is like an erotic, BDSM version of that movie...sort of...

I haven't heard much about this book, probably because everyone couldn't seem to talk enough about K.T.'s Comfort Food...which was also a great read, but this one is FANTASTIC! Oh! I freaking loved this book! Now, you have to go in to this book knowing that it is not light and fluffy. It is on the dark side, but when you look at the story overall once
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Feb 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: into intense BDSM
Ms. Thomas, you are a crazy woman and I fear for the people around you. If you can come up with intense training and crazy ass punishments like in this book, then you are a sadistic if clever bitch.

Now that I've railed at Ms. Thomas, I'll try to put into words how I feel. This book was intensely overwhelming for me. I was warned I'd never like massage therapy again. Fortunately, I go to females only so I won't have this issue. This book was bad for me in many ways. I was angry at Vivian at
Kirsten

photo image.jpg1_zps0e2avy8x.jpg

Dark and twisted, Kitty Thomas is a great story teller.

This is about Vivian. A woman who has been detached from her sexuality and her husband for years.

When her husband as had enough of her cold demeanor, he suggests for his wife to seek a sex therapist. Underneath it all, he still loves her.

Her therapist recommends she visit a spa where she will be treated with a massage that may help in opening her up. She agrees to give it a try. Vivian didn't expect the massager to be an
Vanessa
4.5 Dirty, Filthy Stars!

WARNING: I loved this book for what it is, and that is a dark, extremely controversial, taboo, envelope-pushing read!! It's very, VERY dirty and a mind-fuck. I loved it but it is definitely NOT for everyone, AND it is fiction!! If this actually happened to someone that I knew, I would not be okay with it, at all!

Wow!!! Ended up staying up 'til almost 3 am to finish this one. Dark and dirty but oh-so-good!!! This is easily the dirtiest book I have ever read, and believe
Elle
3.5* for my pleasure STARS!!

Somehow cheating is a hard limit, but Kitty Thomas managed to make it 'different'. Guilty Pleasures introduce a new level of hedonism non-official relationship. Sometimes pleasurable things could lead us forget ourselves. Hmm.. feels so right yet so wrong ;)

"You're making a bargain with the devil. I will ask increasingly more from you as time goes on. And you will give it to me. You might lose your soul in the process."

This thing happened to Vivian. She's your
carol
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: adult, erotica and BDSM readers
Recommended to carol by: BDSM group
I had had this on my TBR too long and am so glad I got around to reading it at last.

Vivian Delaney, trophy wife with too much time on her hands, switched off sexually, doesn't understand why her feelings and sexual turn ons are turned off with her good looking and wealthy husband.

When things come to a head between husband Michael and Vivian he arranges a visit to a sexual psychologist, Dr. Lindsey, but her assumption that she is seeing a woman is very wrong. This meeting leads her on a journey,
Adrienne
Dec 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
This story ticked all the right boxes for me. The syle is classy, the story was for me a 'proper story' with a reason, an action and a conclusion and everything that takes place is in there for a reason,it has a purpose. I felt this was an intelligent read, and although the subject matter is not vanilla there is a 'quiet modesty' in the way the story is told.....that's not to say it's not explict, it is, but as I mentioned before it's a classy read!!

Without giving too much away this is the story
Ellen Gail
Two sad stars. I really wish I liked it.

Also, SPOILERS!

Let me just get this out of the way first; I think Kitty Thomas is a talented writer. Even when I felt like the story was incredibly stupid, it was a well told stupidity. But an intriguing premise / a promising beginning sadly crumbled into a bit of a mess as the story went on.

Okay, basic plot info for you - Vivian Delaney lives a life of luxury. She and her extraordinarily handsome husband are basically swimming in money. But when it comes
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
Why do I like Kitty Thomas's books? I don't know. Do I have a hidden dark side? I don't know.

I've been known to read and enjoy horror books that have killers mutilating bodies or doing other unpleasant activities. However, I don't plan on mutilating bodies anytime soon.

I've been known to read and enjoy time traveling books but I have yet to find my circle of stones and travel through time. Nor would I want to time travel because I'm sure I'd just screw it up the 2nd time around.

However, reading
Jessie R
Sara
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: intense, adult, erotica, taboo
Disclaimer: I am a fan girl when it comes to Kitty Thomas.

Guilty Pleasures is aptly named; it was a pure pleasure to read and my guilt comes from not reading it sooner.

Vivian is a bored wife, unable to have a satisfying relationship inside or outside of the bedroom with her husband Michael.

"She wasn’t even sure it was his fault anymore. She wasn’t sure it was anyone’s fault."

Vivian is sent on a journey of discovery not one of self discovery from the start because it was not her choice but
Rin W. Vitale
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Dirty-Wicked-Stars!

Well, well, Michael.. What a surprise!!

I have no idea you're so wicked!

description

I lied. To be honest, ever since Vivi's been "captured", I always expecting Michael will be the buyer. But thinking again, I doubt that thought of mine because I'm not sure what kind of man will take his wife back if he saw the footage of her "doing" on that house. SO, I banished that thought.

BUT then... He surprised me in the end!!

Well, damn. That was kind of brilliance of the author for never giving
⭐ Emerson ⭐
Apr 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One of my all time favorite reads on sale for 99cents!
Go grab it up while you can! You won't be disappointed!

Coco.V
May 25, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (5/25/2019)! ...more
~ Cariad ~
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 intriguing stars

description

I have to agree that this is an erotic version of the movie The Game.

That being said, it was still a dark read in Kitty's amazingly compelling style.

I swear she had me at the Disclaimer!

This was all that Michael wanted from Vivian...
description
The question is will he get it?
What a journey! I loved it.

http://cariads-sizzling-pages.blogspo... - come visit me!

Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages
Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R
My thoughts go out to my GR friends who threw me into a cockpit with this read and wanted to know what I thought of it before they read it themselves.Mmmmhmmmm....ya'll know who you are. smiley,wink

Well for starters,I had a lot of mixed feelings on it.I had a very hard time rating it,so writing a review was a little difficult as well. So these are just my feelings and what I thought of the book.

Alrighty! It lost one star,cause for those of you who know me well, ya'll know I'm a terrible guesser on
Spynonu
Apr 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-it, amazon
❤️ Diana ❤️
Wow!! 4 guilty stars!!

So I thought I knew who was behind everything and what was gonna happen. Then I realized Nope, not what I thought. This was my first Kitty Thomas book but it won't be my last!! This was defiantly erotica with some dark elements but I wouldn't classify as dark.

Vivian is a stay at home wife who doesn't care if she has sex with her husband anymore. It feels more like a chore then pleasure to her. After her husband suggests that Vivian sees a sex therapists and the therapist
DeadGirl Drama
Dec 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted at Zelda's Bookshelf.

In Guilty Pleasures, Kitty Thomas’ second novel, she has once again produced a wickedly arousing tale of nonconsensual submission that turned me on, satisfied me and left me wanting for more.

Trapped in an unsatisfying marriage, Vivian has not enjoyed sex or achieved an orgasm in years. The passion she and her husband had felt when newly married had been fleeting and long since been replaced with disgust and regret. When her husband sends her
Melanie
Jun 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I will start off saying that this is not a romance novel. If you've never read anything from this author, she writes some really dark stories. They are the type of stories you will either enjoy or you won't. When I read other people's reviews of this author, they either love her writing or think she's nuts, I don't think I've ever seen anyone say she is just okay. She does push a lot of boundaries, that's what I love about her work.

This story starts with a married couple who are going through
boogenhagen
Dec 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Carina
Apr 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, erotica
I have to say that I quite enjoy the way Kitty Thomas writes. Her imagination and writting process keep facinating me and I hope she keeps writting this way.
She takes so many risks in writting the books the way she does. Its not just the BDSM part or all the sex (and let me tell you, there is PLENTY sex). She writtes about Blackmail, Slavery, forced sex etc.
Her book Comfort Food was so distubingly amazing that I just had to read another one of her works.
I do think this book was a step below
P-the book nerd
Dec 05, 2013 rated it liked it
I keep going back to reading kitty Thomas, even though I know how she writes.... Kitty Thomas writes about ownership psychology, how a woman likes to be owned, and used, and abused.. What she writes about and how she writes is very harsh and unfair to the Female population, I think I have a strong feminism side to me, but I can't say what she writes about isn't true either, I have talked to many women either socially or at the hospital and a very good number of them like to be controlled, they ...more
Karen **Mrs. Northman**
So it appears that any book by Kitty Thomas is going to mess with my brain. This book was no exception. I always seem to question my ideas of right vs. wrong after a book like this. I guess that's the whole point though, right?
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Not sure why I waited so long to read this but whateva'. I really enjoyed it! The idea of it is hot - especially given the ending. I liked how she gradually came to realize what she wanted and who she was. Kitty Thomas is becoming one of my most favorite authors!
Glass
Dec 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
And I thought that Selena Kitt was wicked... :)
Sparklybearsy¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»
Last year, one of my top 5 books was Comfort Food by Kitty Thomas This author took all my morals, my fantasies, my beliefs, my right and wrongs and tossed them the hell up until i was addicted to her Master. (i still miss him! ahh!) So you can imagine i was colour me happy to read her second book Guilty Pleasures. While it's not a follow on sequel book, it is on the same lines of Comfort Food, non-consensual pleasure. A woman forced to face her inner most sexual desires, whether she wants to or ...more
Nicole
This was an interesting read, I've never read anything like it and I definitely hope there aren't places like this in real life.(view spoiler) ...more

• Mercy
  • Break Her
  • The Reluctant Dom (Suncoast Society, #4)
  • Comfort Object (Comfort, #1)
  • Taunt Me (Rough Love, #2)
  • No Safeword
  • Club Mephisto (Club Mephisto, #1)
  • You Will Bow (Rules of Bennett Book 2)
  • Torment Me (Rough Love, #1)
  • Rough Cowboy
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Ruined (His For A Week, #5)
  • Burn for You (Club Mephisto, #2)
  • Tormented (His For A Week, #3)
  • Take Me, Break Me (Pierced Hearts, #1)
  • Her Master's Courtesan (Masters, #1)
  • Rules of Bennett
  • Learning to Drown
NEW RELEASE: THE ESCAPE ARTIST: blurb, buy links, signed copy sale, and HUGE rafflecopter giveaway here: http://bit.ly/ESCAPEARTIST

KITTY THOMAS began publishing in early 2010 with her bestselling COMFORT FOOD.

For free excerpts, follow her at Book and Main: https://bookandmainbites.com/KittyThomas

For new release alerts and exclusive giveaways, subscribe to the new release list:

Pleasure House (4 books)
  • Broken Dolls (Pleasure House, #2)
  • Surrender (Pleasure House, #3)
  • Pretty Lies (Pleasure House, #4)