Start by marking “His Every Kiss (Guilty, #2)” as Want to Read:
His Every Kiss (Guilty, #2)

His Every Kiss

(Guilty #2)

Notorious man...

Everyone knows about Dylan Moore—his brilliant talent and his pleasure-seeking ways—but no one knows the torment that lies beneath his reckless veneer. Only one woman gets a glimpse of the forces that drive Dylan's soul, a woman who haunts his dreams and evokes his passions as no other woman ever has before.

Disgraced and destitute, Grace Cheval wants nothi
Mass Market Paperback, 370 pages
Published September 28th 2004 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about His Every Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Every Kiss

Rane
Aug 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keeper, victorian-era
For the past five years Dylan Moore has been tormented by a memory of a woman whom saved his life and brought a glimpse of music back. After a freak accident leaves him struggling to create his beloved music, he tries to forget the pain he’s under by risking his life and lives life in the fast lane. Never forgetting the young woman, when he sees her after all these years he can’t believe his eyes or his luck and vows to make her his! Grace Cheval’s life has been a roller coaster of heartbreak an ...more
Ginger
May 10, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
His Every Kiss is the second book in the Guilty series by Laura Lee Guhrke.
I enjoyed this book as well but not as much as the 1st book in the series. It still had great characterization, great writing and the plot of the book was well done.

Dylan Moore, is a brilliant composer but he’s a tormented soul due to an accident that happened one day while riding his horse on Rotten Row. He uses pleasure and reckless behavior to make his torment go away.

One night, he decides to end his life and Grace Che
Mo
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just lost my review! It was an OK read. Really dragged about halfway through.

Not sure the hero really redeemed himself. Bit to much of a rushed ending where she forgave him way too easily.
Tammy Walton Grant
Once when I was a kid and before the advent of Tylenol, I had a super-bad headache and took too many aspirin. My ears rang for almost a whole day afterward. A high-pitched, buzzing, annoying "ching"-like noise that drove me bonkers.

Dylan Moore has heard that same noise continually for years. A fall from a galloping horse, a smack of his skull against a rock and presto! The doctors tell him the bells shall ring in his brain for the rest of his life. For a piano virtuoso/composer/conductor this is
Insh
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
"How did one hang on to love and happiness?"

Natasa
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Believable plot,  well-formed characters, cohesive, strong ending, likable hero. No extra plot lines required to make it dramatic. The author writes the characters beautifully.
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
Three and a half stars for the plots originality and the chemistry between the two leads...

Maureen Feeney
Mar 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Dylan Moore is a renowned Pianist, Composer and conducter who lives for his music. After a fall from a horse he has a constant noise in his head and ringing in his ears (tinnitus?), he can no longer feel the music and cant compose anymore. He cannot sleep right so spends his nights drinking and whoring and lives on the edge. One night he decides to commit suicide but is stalled by girl playing a violin (Grace Cheval) and for a brief moment while talking to her his music returns. Thinking she is ...more
Lady Wesley
Dec 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy Laura Lee Guhrke's books, and this one is no exception. This story is quiet, without great drama, but with a sweet feeling of love growing between the hero and heroine. The "secondary" love story is one of a brilliant, self-absorbed man falling in love with the eight-year-old daughter that he never knew he had.
Ana 👑 Fernandes
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
3,5⭐ ...more
Zoe
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ahhhhh this is not an easy review to write for me.

The composer and music theme is absolutely ingenius. I loved that. I am not sure how much of a musical background Laura Lee Guhrke has. But I think she did a very good job depicting the agony of disrupted creative energy, the burning need of self-expression of artists and people of an artistic nature. Why are artists mostly wretchly tormented? The heroine asked that question. Because when you have a soul that is so full of images, thoughts, feel
Kaycee ❤️
OMG. I absolutely adored this book! Loved it! Such a great read! I couldn’t put it down.

Dylan Moore is the kind of hero that you just can’t help yourself but fall in love with. We first met him as a tortured and depressed man wanting to end his life. Then a woman appeared and stopped him from killing himself. And for five years Dylan Moore has been tormented by a memory of that woman.; looking for her, wanting to see her again to make sure she was for real.

Grace Cheval is my favorite heroin
Jane Stewart
Sep 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Nicely done historical romance novel. Above average. Good storytelling.

STORY BRIEF:
Dylan was a brilliant pianist and composer. After a riding accident, he had tinnitus which caused a continuous whining, screeching sound in his ears. He was no longer able to compose music and found it hard to sleep at night. So he lived a wild life of gambling, drugs and women until he met Grace. When he was with her, the sound was less painful and at times he could hear music in his head again. Although Grace ha
Susana
I had a little problem with the male character...

Well, lets say that at the beginning of the story, Dylan is not the most engaging character that i've read about...

HOWEVER...as the story unfolds, i started liking him!

Especially after he realize's that he has to start behaving like a father to Isabel. Fathers and daughters...

Basically i liked how Grace starts "changing" him. And seeing those two together.

True, that faithful to his idiotic nature, Dylan still manages in the last pages of the b
Crista
May 19, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star, series, historical
So my first Guhrke book was "And Then He Kissed Her" which is great by the way...and now I've proceeded to go and try to read her backlist. Guilty Pleasures was a big disappointment and now this...maybe the Marriage Bed will be better.

My main problems with this book are as follows:
* I never really believed that Dylan loved Grace....more that he just used her for his own selfish needs and wants.
* I never really believed that Grace loved Dylan...more that she wanted what his wealth could give h
Susan (the other Susan)
Ooh, I remember this one! I've been wondering how to identify this off-beat romance, pairing a tormented musician with a genteel young woman who's been reduced to sweeping floors. I recall this as a beautiful balance of heartbreak and sweetness. Now that I've found it, it's going on my reread list, which at this point should be completed sometime in 2029. Recommended when you're in the mood for some angst but aren't downright suicidal about it (for that, we have Meagan McKinney.) Enjoy.
J.D. Stroube
This is Laura Lee Guhrke's best book to date! I love every single millisecond, and the characters were divine. Moore's tortured soul, Isabel's' stubbornness, and Grace's overwhelming love were a unique blend that left me in a euphoric state. I fully suggest that anyone who enjoys a good romance novel read this book!
Sharyn
Jun 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Book 2 in the series, a unique story about a composer. Dylan Moore is a famous composer until the day he falls off if his horse and damages his head. He has tinnitus and it is.literallt driving him crazy. He goes to his old theatre where he hears,a violin playing and meets a woman who seems to calm him and he hears music in his head again. Five years later and he finds her again Lots of plot points in between, so I will skip a lot. He sees her as his muse, she refuses to be a muse because of her ...more
Hart's Reader Group
Love, love, love this story. One of the few winning books by this author. Her most recent books are garbage.
Jen
Jun 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Difficult to rate because I enjoyed the overall story.
My issues with this story are:
No character development.
Hero openly visited brothels, courtesans, etc - after realizing his feelings for the heroine
There is no reason given as to why Dylan was racing in Hyde Park.
I did still enjoy the story. I would liked to have read more about Isabel.
3 1/2 stars
lia
Oct 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
The story line of this book is simple without the additional problems we so often see in historical romance, be it kidnapping, murdering, etc, etc. and this makes it more appealing to me

The story is focusing on the two main characters, Dylan and Grace.
Dylan is a gifted composer, one of the greatest talent in England. However since a horse accident five years back he hears whine in his ears that made him not able to hear 'the music' and composed.

Enter Grace....actually Dylan already met Grace
LaFleurBleue
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book had an original plot and outstanding characters compared to the usual romances, and I really appreciated that their behaviors never seemed out of what it should have been at the time.
However, I have to confess that it did not really work out. While I was reading it, it felt nice enough, but I really struggled to pick it up every time I had had to put it back on the table. And that's not a good sign.
What I liked was Grace's resilience and warmth. What I really struggled with all along
Robin
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just loved this story. Dylan and grace had great chemistry. The story was unique and very life like. I normally don't like stories that revolve around music, but this was a great exception. You could feel Dylan's anguish over his disability. And Graces reasoning for not falling for Dylan's charms. This story was well crafted and pulled a great punch near the end that makes your heart flop when the heroine and hero finally stay together forever.
Linds
I read a lot of regency romances so it is a treat to get one that is well crafted, original, contains complicated characters. I loved it! four and a half stars.
Diane K. Peterson
Jun 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good story. Guhrke writes beautiful endings that bring tears to my eyes, however, the story seemed to end rather abruptly and a little too cleanly. Still, I enjoyed the characters and the writing.
Monique
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I do love historical romances. There was romance, drama, angst, hotness, and of course, swoony moments *happy sigh*.
Aneca
Mar 13, 2008 rated it liked it
Composer wants to make heroine his mistress thinking her to be his muse
Filipa
After the first instalment, His Every Kiss was kind of a disappointment. Hope the third book is better than this one!
Scien
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I super enjoyed this book, and happily stayed up late reading it. I won't rehash the plot summary as there's plenty of that in other reviews. I loved that Grace was an older, more experienced heroine. I also have a massive soft spot for characters who are determined to do things 'right' - not because it's easy and natural but because it's hard. Because they have genuine convictions and self knowledge about what's good for them and they think it's worth a little suffering. Even if that means eati ...more
Courtney
I'm just so disappointed. The first book in this series so well done, and then one was just bleh.

First, I didn't really like Dylan. He was introduced in the first book, so I knew the second book was going to center on him, and I wasn't really impressed with him from the beginning. He's just not a really interesting character. I do like the fact that he's a musician dealing with tinnitus, but other than that, he's just a playboy. And not a loveable one.

And Grace? She's just kind of there. For som
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Always a Temptress (Drake's Rakes #3)
  • Captive of Sin
  • Pleasures of a Notorious Gentleman (London's Greatest Lovers, #2)
  • Wicked Angel
  • Before the Scandal (Notorious Gentlemen, #2)
  • Like No Other Lover (Pennyroyal Green, #2)
  • One Night of Sin (Knight Miscellany, #6)
  • The Wife Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #2)
  • The Pretender (Liar's Club, #1)
  • The Bridal Season (Bridal Stories, #1)
  • One Week As Lovers (Somerhart, #3)
  • The Wedding Night of an English Rogue (Boscastle, #3)
  • Her Ladyship's Companion
  • For the Earl's Pleasure
  • A Tale of Two Lovers (The Writing Girls, #2)
  • Till Dawn with the Devil (Lords of Vice, #2)
  • A Night with the Rock Star (Taking Stage, #2)
  • Three Nights with a Scoundrel (Stud Club, #3)
From the publication of her very first historical romance, Laura Lee Guhrke has received numerous honors and critical acclaim for her novels and her writing style. She has been honored with the most prestigious award of romance fiction, the Romance Writers of America Rita Award, and she has received additional awards from Romantic Times and All About Romance. Romantic Times has proclaimed her, “On ...more

Guilty (4 books)
  • Guilty Pleasures (Guilty, #1)
  • The Marriage Bed (Guilty, #3)
  • She's No Princess (Guilty, #4)