Start by marking “I Love My Mommy” as Want to Read:
I Love My Mommy

I Love My Mommy

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  263 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
I love my mommy very much,She's great to cuddle, soft to touch. Wonderfully child-like verses about everything that makes mothers irresistible to their little ones are illustrated with bright and bold pictures in this life-affirming book. Toddler-friendly, funny, and loving, this is an experience to be shared time and time again.
Published February 22nd 2011 by Disney-Hyperion (first published February 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about I Love My Mommy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love My Mommy

*Amber*
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Toddlers and parents/teachers
Shelves: 4-stars
This book is a bit of a cheat when it comes to counting towards your reading challenge. I bought it for my mum for mothers’ day for a bit of a laugh, knowing that she would appreciate it (she works in a preschool) and had a read of it myself. It was quite a cute book but it’s hard to review it when you’re not a small child and don’t have much dealings with them.
The Library Lady
Jul 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Teeters on the edge of the Karen Katz Valley of Saccharine and misses by inches. But the rhymes work and there's lots of kid appeal in the pictures, bold enough for toddlers but with funny details for older preschoolers. Love You Forever this isn't, thank heaven!
Karen
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Cute book. Rhyming lines. Suitable for toddlers. I might be biased as to the subject matter.
Shelley
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I Love My Mommy is an incredibly sweet and cute book. This book is perfect for very young children with short attention spans, because both the text and illustrations are very simple. Being told from the perspective of the baby (or toddler), children will be able to relate to the events in the story or even point out things that they do with their mommy too. The simple text, illustrations, and soft pastel colors even give the story a very pleasant, warm feeling.

With that being said, I feel the
Christine Grant
May 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: storytime
Toddler Story Time. Big, bold illustrations and babies and toddlers will love. Moms will melt as they hear all of the reasons that their little ones love them so.
Kimberly
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun rhyming book. My preschool kids enjoyed it, and my 2-year-old asked me to read it several times.
Christian Houseworth
I really enjoyed reading this book. This book is written from the point of view of a small child who talks about all the many reasons why he loves his mommy. This book is very engaging with the large print and colorful illustrations. Also, the text uses repetition and rhyming which is great for the younger audience.

As a teacher, this book would be great to use for primary grades (specifically pre-k and kindergarten) during the first weeks of school when they have trouble adjusting from home to s
Dee
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: board-books, library
There is just something about this book I really didn't like. There is absolutely no talk of dad at all and the kid is sleeping in bed with his mom. Also the ending is kinda like he is trying to get you to love his mommy too......like she is a single mom. (not saying that is a bad thing, just not relevent and a little weird a toddler is trying to get me to love his mom) Maybe I'm just reading into this WAY to much. Other things I wasn't thrilled about was that the kid was drinking a milk shake a ...more
Acey Bee
Feb 17, 2013 rated it liked it
"I Love My Mommy" Follows the narrative of a baby boy, he lists all the things he loves about the relationship with his Mum. Throughout the whole book there is a simple rhyming scheme. This Can be used for Early Years. This book can be used for a Mothers day activity, getting children to think about what nice things do our mothers do for us? or getting children thinking about what nice things can we do for our friends and family ? in PSHCE.
Sarah Adamson
My daughter picked this book up at the library and very much enjoyed it. I read it through once to her and then she read it to me - from memory. She enjoyed it and it has good illustrations and some sweet rhymes. However I have to agree with some of the other reviewers that it doesn't ever mention any dad figure and the baby is sleeping in the mother's bed. These bits I didn't like but then it's also a picture book and the stories are never comprehensive!!
Embrc
Apr 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: disney-hyperion
This is a very sweet "mommy" book with short rhyming text and very colorful illustrations. There are many of these types of books out there but the illustrations make this one stand out as one I really like. They are large, clear, colorful and cute (in a good way). The rhymes are nice and there is a little bit of humor too. This is a good choice for toddlers and young preschoolers. -AM
Kristen
Dec 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
This book was cute enough. The colors weren't as exciting as some other books and the story was kind of short. I know it's for kids, but since my child can't even comprehend language yet, it was just a little too simple for me. It'll be cute when she's starting to understand language better and trying to read herself though.
Library Quine
This book won the UK's Booktrust Early Years Award 2010 for Best Book for babies under one year old. The lovely rhyming text describes the ways in which a baby loves their mummy. The illustrations show mother and baby having fun filled times together. A nice book for baby rhyme times, especially around Valentine's Day.
Amber Friel
Feb 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Written from the perspective of a small child, this is an engaging read. There's a gentle rhyme that engages your little ones and fun pictures as well. Not much can grab the attention of my 18 month old, but this one stops her and keeps her on my lap. Love it!
Kathryn
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
With this book, I struggled with the POV. It’s a first person toddler narrator, and the sentence structure and word choice don’t fit the voice. What toddle refers to his “grubby nose” or can form the sentence “She even helps me learn to pee!” This book made me long for David Shannon’s No, David!
Rachel
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just read this book to a group of young children, and I absolutely loved it. I read it for Valentine's Day and I probably will read it again. It isn't necessarily a V-Day book, but it worked really well and held the kids' attention.
Karen
Jan 29, 2016 rated it liked it
My son picked this book out from the library by himself, so, of course, I wanted to love it. But I didn't quite love it. It is cute, and the illustrations are darling, but it is a bit too sweet for my taste.
Bethany Winston
This book is cutesie, but the writing is bad quality. (Example: She really is so kind to me, She even helps me learn to pee.)

For my full review see: http://www.notwiddletwaddle.com/2012/...
Tricia
Apr 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Perfect for older toddlers/younger preschoolers, this book has simple rhyming sentences on each page coupled with large-sized and boldly colored illustrations. A celebration of a child's love of mommy, this title makes a wonderful lap read but will also serve well as a readaloud for an audience.
Thia
Dec 07, 2011 added it
Shelves: preschool, toddler
love, hugs, mommy
jacky
Dec 20, 2012 rated it liked it
I was disappointed by this book. The daddy version fit out family really well, but this one did not fit as well at all. Still cute though, and with great illustrations.
Beverly
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
Very short and sweet; nice large illustrations; perfect for toddlers.
Heather
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!
Melanie
A toddler tells why he loves his mommy so: "She helps me wipe my grubby nose, and tickles me between the toes!"
Lauren
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: skylar
love this book. Great book for mom and daughter to read together. My daughter loved reading it with me.
Nikki
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
I want a new baby to read this to..... MY OVARIES AAAAAAAH STOP IT.
Jackie
May 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
I chose this book for a story time prior to Mother's Day where I work because it was like an lengthened greeting card.
Quince Winstyn
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love this book, and my Mommy!
Casandria
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture, preschool
Very cute!
  • Meeow and the Pots and Pans
  • Nose to Toes, You Are Yummy!
  • Yawn
  • I Love Bugs!
  • No Sleep for the Sheep!
  • Tiny Little Fly
  • The Biggest Kiss
  • Whose Baby Am I?
  • The Wheels on the Bus
  • Pumpkin Trouble
  • Hello, Bugs!
  • Apple Pie ABC
  • Chicken, Chicken, Duck!
  • Cat  Mouse
  • Do Cows Meow?
  • Bear & Hare Snow!
  • Farmyard Beat
  • Big Hugs, Little Hugs
Giles Andreae is the author of several children's books, including the best-selling Giraffes Can't Dance, illustrated by Guy Parker-Rees. He is the creator of Purple Ronnie, one of the most successfully licensed cartoon characters in his native England.

Giles lives with his wife and three children in Notting Hill, England.
More about Giles Andreae