Start by marking “Drama Queen” as Want to Read:
Drama Queen

Drama Queen (Kylie Jean #2)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  118 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Kylie Jean's class is performing Alice in Wonderland! Kylie Jean knows she'd be just perfect as the Queen of Hearts. But mean girl Paula wants the part too . . . .
Published February 1st 2011 by Picture Window Books (first published January 1st 2011)

Karen
Kylie Jean's dream in life is to be a beauty queen. Her momma reminds her "Pretty is, as pretty does," but it's really hard to be nice to the new girl, Paula, who is mean to Kylie Jean and takes her coveted role of the Queen of Hearts in the school play.

This is a cute little read- I love Picture Window books' style - with gray and pink illustrations scattered throughout, a glossary, and discussion and journal questions. I was a little disappointed in the fact that Kylie Jean's main goal in life
Kate L
May 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Well, my favorite little pink lovin', hard workin', beauty queen aspirin' girl is back in Kylie Jean, Drama Queen. Her last adventure was Kylie Jean, Rodeo Queen, where she learned the value of hard work and perseverance. Her mama always tells her pretty is as pretty does, and this time around she's learned that lesson through learning to be nice to the new, mean girl in class. I really love these Kylie Jean books, she's such a good example to little girls, she always works hard at her goals, an ...more
Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things)
I’m reviewing this book for NetGalley.

This book is about a young girl, Kylie Jean. It starts with her going to her first day of second-grade where she meets a new student Paula Dupree. Kylie Jean does everything she can think of to make Paula feel welcome but it’s met with Paula’s snappy comebacks. Kylie learns that her class is going to put on Alice in Wonderland, and she really wants to be the Queen of Hearts. Apparently, Paula wants the role, too. Who will get to be the Queen?

I really enjoye
Miss Manekofsky
Very cute, really liked the illustrations and the message to be kind to everyone. However, Kylie Jean talked a little too much about being pretty or others being pretty, for my taste; although it was tempered with a message about being pretty on the outside as well as the inside.
Anastasia Tuckness
This is a great transitional chapter book series (4 titles so far) in the tradition of Ramona and Clementine (although of course not so good as either one) and unique because it's set in Texas. The cover of this book sparkles pink--what more could you want in a book?

Kylie Jean has an almost-realistic personality, with some friends and an enemy. She struggles somewhat to be nice to her enemy, the new girl who torments her and takes the coveted part of the Queen of Hearts in the class play.

Since
Mymcbooks
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kylie Jean is a series of chapter books for girls. If your child loves reading Judy Moody or Ramona Quimby then these books will keep your child’s attention. Kylie Jean loves taking part in any competition going on in her school or in the community. The books also shows how close Kylie Jean is with her family especially her Ugly Brother the dog…and don’t go telling him he’s a dog…lol!

I love that Marci Peschke tackled bullying in the Drama Queen book and showing Kylie Jean’s kind and thoughtful s
Julie
Jan 31, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Kylie Jean is a pretty typical second-grader, likes pink, has good friends, etc. Her Texas location means there are some southern turns of phrase, which I enjoyed. This story centers around her class putting on a play, with Kylie Jean struggling to deal with a mean new girl in school. She is admirably (perhaps unrealistically) a kind person in the face of some pretty mean words.

I've been reading more early chapter books to become more familiar with what's out there, but also to try to figure ou
Melissa Wehunt
Feb 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: jf
It was ok. I love the cover and the overall feel of the book. Super cute little drawings and such. I like the character of Kylie Jean even though I found the book less than exciting and a bit of a disappointment. But then again, I'm not a 7 year old girl and admittedly have a hard time reading young books like this. So, I've gone with 3 stars to make up for my bias. That all being said, I bought the whole series for my library because I've had several young girls ask for it...
Stacy
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kylie Jean is in second grade and her class is putting on the play Alice in Wonderland. Kylie wants to be the queen of hearts but so does the new girl in school. The new girl hasn't been very nice to Kylie Jean and her friends but Kylie tries to remember what her mom says " pretty is as pretty does". Something happens to change the relationship between the new girl and Kylie Jean read all about this fun adventure.
Michelle Kelley
Kylie Jean is cute, too cute almost for my liking. She dreams of being a beauty queen, her favorite color is pink, wears a tiara to school, etc etc. But what makes Kylie Jean likeable for me is that she stays true to her momma's advice that, "Pretty is as pretty does," which guides her through a difficult time with a mean new student to a resolution that is satisfying and meaningful.
Sharyl Renner
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Popular with 7-10 year old girls and I can see why. This is a cute, short book that takes place in 2nd grade. Kylie Jean has to deal with a new girl in school and she does it in style. I will have no reservations recommending this series to girls ready to begin reading chapter books.
jami
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read aloud with my first grader. She loved it, and it gave us a lot to talk about (always being kind, even when others aren't; making friends; being brave). She gave it five stars - and for the audience it is for, I wouldn't disagree too much.
Caitlyn Ford
Mar 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book in first grade. I enjoyed it very much. It took me tuna half days to read. This one made me cry because the girl told Kylie Jean that she was stupid. This was a really good book. Loved it.
Kristina❤
This book is sooooo awesome !!!!! Make more !
Ellie
Oct 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story for 1st-3rd grade girls, readalike to Ivy and Bean. Skimmed this one.
Mikayla
May 20, 2014
Avery
Sep 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Kylie Jean (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Blueberry Queen (Kylie Jean)
  • Hoop Queen
  • Rodeo Queen
  • Dancing Queen
  • Football Queen
  • Singing Queen
  • Spelling Queen
  • Cupcake Queen
  • Pirate Queen (Kylie Jean)
  • Party Queen